vitamins and nutrients

JaxieD

Silver Member
I have to say that apart from the obvious weight loss that this diet has caused:D, i have also noticed such an amazing improvement in my nails and skin. My nails have always been brittle and prone to splitting and peeling but since i started CD they have got really strong and are the best they've been since i was preggers with my first wee one!! Also everyone has been complimenting me about how glowing my skin is as well which is nice (it's prob due to all the water?). It has made me wonder what sort of things i was missing out on with my previous eating habits (although obviously ate too much, always prided myself that i ate v healthily - loads of fruit and veg). Anyone else noticed improvements like this?

well I am in the middle of week three and i have noticed that my nails are stronger and growing quicker (I am a bit of a nailbiter), my skin is also really soft on my hands (i suffer from really dry skin on my hands) which is great. It must be all the water !!

I wish I could say I seen an improvement in my skin, but to be honest even with 5 to 6 litres of water daily I still suffer with dry skin.

I do however have fabulous nails, they are all nice and long and for the first time in years I had to get out an emery board and file them all down. They normally break / split well before they need me to attach all of them together LOL

Oh yes, nails are best they have been since I was preggers 10 years ago!!!! How funny I only said that to my hubby last night!! x

I'm 4 1/2 months and 51/2 stone into CD and I can agree on nails and skin but my hair is suffering..but I was warned about that before I started and I'm dealing with it (badly..lol)..

I'm sure it's the water...really good stuff....

xxx

I find my nails are really strong before they broke easily not anymore!! My hair seems to get dirty quicker used to wash it twice a week now need to wash 3 sometimes four times a week! Skin have seen a bit of improvent but still dry ish!

becky x

I had meant to say earlier that the nails thing is probably due to the 156% RDA for calcium intake I get from the tetras :)

I agree with the hair though, it does seem to be dank and lifeless within hours of washing it.

Back