VLCD and the GI tract.....

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Carmel Curves, 22 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Carmel Curves

Carmel Curves New Member

I know this might sound horrible but is anyone else who is on a meal replacement diet (that mostly consist of shakes) having problems with constipation?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    237lb
    Current Weight:
    224.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    198lb
    Lost(%):
    12.5lb(5.27%)
    I tend to get the opposite problem, but I hear a lot of people have the issue you're having. Someone will be along shortly I'm sure to advise what you can take for it

4. bellefrogette

bellefrogette Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Diet:
    CWP & Zero Noodles
    Yes, big time, so I am getting a small enema kit because I do not want to take anymore chemical laxatives. Even when there is not much in my colon, the feeling pf constipation can ensure that I am grumpy all day..the worst thing is the urge to eat just to get something moving through.

Bella

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats probably the single most common side effect of a VLCD if you look around the board of any of them on here theres always 'toilet conversations'

6. Carmel Curves

Carmel Curves New Member

Well, I'm happy to see I'm not alone. I dis go to GNC and bought some colon cleanse it's all herbs like psyllium husk powder and senna leaf powder. The only problem I have with that is you have to take four capsules four times a day for ten days......

7. bellefrogette

bellefrogette Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Diet:
    CWP & Zero Noodles
    way too much to do

8. chicachica

chicachica Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.96%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    Hi CC, try fibrogrl, you can get it at the pharmacy or online. Mkae sure you don't get the orange flavoured one though(even though it tastes better!) as this has sugars and citric acid in it.
    You should check out the lipotrim forum, you'll find some grest information(and support) there....that's where i live!...
    Hope this helps x

9. Carmel Curves

Carmel Curves New Member

@Chicachica thank you for that information I will try that. B/c tegus is bot something I'm willing to deal with everyday.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.