VLCD how much could potentially lose in 2 weeks?

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
Ow much could I potentially lose if I went on a VLCD?

Thinking of sticking to 600 calories only short term I have a party in 2 weeks and it needs to be done..... I don't want advice on wrong and rights because I know the long term I'll be following a sensible healthy eating plan .... Right now I need a quick fix...

What's your verdicts? I'm currently about 15st 1lbs and 5ft 5in

Xxx

If you want to do a vlcd you probably shouldn't do a diy one, you should try one of the supervised programs as they are tailored to make sure you get the right nutrients.

I'm not saying don't do one, they can be very effective, just do it in the right way so you don't make yourself sick. That's just my two cents

I've no experience of vlcd but I wonder how much of the initial loss I'd fluid? I personally wouldn't worry about a quick fix and just start as u mean to go on. If lose weight too quickly ur min doesn't have chance to catch up either x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No offense but I know exactly what way I should lose weight for the long term a d I know everything there is to no about what suits my body with the disorders I have....

I won't take your advice and not do the VLCD as as much as it prob won't make a difference to my body , I want to do for my own personal reasons .... I just want advice on what people think I could lose

Tha k you tho xxxx

Lauratheloop said:
No offense but I know exactly what way I should lose weight for the long term a d I know everything there is to no about what suits my body with the disorders I have....

I won't take your advice and not do the VLCD as as much as it prob won't make a difference to my body , I want to do for my own personal reasons .... I just want advice on what people think I could lose

Tha k you tho xxxx

Does it matter what u lose though if it's only fluid? It won't make a difference to how your clothes fit?
Why not try asking in the vlcd section they might have some better advice

How can you be certain that it will be just fluid if I creating a huge calorie deficit??

So every week when I lose am I to assume it's just fluid? I dont think so why does a VLCD only produce results that are simply fluid?

I said I appreciate your advice admittedly like you I would normally advise anyone against a VLCD but hey I'm willing to go for it xx

If you want to work it out mathematically you can work out your sedentary rate then how much defecit you'll be in each week. Does that make sense?

I know you don't want opinions we just want to help you longer term

Thanks guys honestly I appreciate it I'm just saying I'm pretty experienced in the diet an nutrition field and as I said I like you would normally advise against it but if I'm doing it as a 3 weeks tops thing then I can't see the harm..... I'm very intune with my body and whilst it's not much since sept I have lost 1 stone and 8 pounds just by eating healthy and making the right decisions for my body .... Allowing a treat as and when an working hard on exercise.

Thanks again x

On a VLCD you can expect to lost a stone a month, the first week is usually a bigger loss due to fluid but then after that it is the fat you are losing once you are in ketosis. I haven't got a lot to lose in the grand scheme of things, been on the diet 2 and a half weeks and iv lost almost a stone.

Actually 3 weeks is enough time to do your body damage. If you really want to do a VLCD I suggest doing the cambridge diet or lighter life for those weeks and then doing your own. If you do it yourself you will still lose weight, it averages about a stone a month but you'll be losing more muscle than fat and so you'll find that you won't actually shrink that much. So if you're doing it to look better in a dress or whatever, then I wouldn't suggest it as it'll actually raise your body fat percentage as you'll lose some weight but you'll lose more muscle than fat.

If you really insist on doing it yourself, take multivitamins and have as much protein as you can to try and minimise the damage that WILL still be caused in 2-3 weeks.

Actually 3 weeks is enough time to do your body damage. If you really want to do a VLCD I suggest doing the cambridge diet or lighter life for those weeks and then doing your own. If you do it yourself you will still lose weight, it averages about a stone a month but you'll be losing more muscle than fat and so you'll find that you won't actually shrink that much. So if you're doing it to look better in a dress or whatever, then I wouldn't suggest it as it'll actually raise your body fat percentage as you'll lose some weight but you'll lose more muscle than fat.

If you really insist on doing it yourself, take multivitamins and have as much protein as you can to try and minimise the damage that WILL still be caused in 2-3 weeks.

I have definitely lost fat, I've lost inches but have toned up more underneath.

Lauratheloop said:
How can you be certain that it will be just fluid if I creating a huge calorie deficit??

So every week when I lose am I to assume it's just fluid? I dont think so why does a VLCD only produce results that are simply fluid?

I said I appreciate your advice admittedly like you I would normally advise anyone against a VLCD but hey I'm willing to go for it xx

No only initially! with u saying u only wanted to do it for 2 weeks

I know its not a VLCD but if you looking for a quick big loss have you had a look at the dukan diet? you can see big losses with that in the first few week and you can still eat, plus you have enough protein to protect against muscle loss. I would defo give it a nosey I think my mum lost about 12lbs in the first 3 weeks.

Malibu xx

Lol it hasn't got anything to do with a dress lol sod wearing a dress lol

I wasn't going to do my own diet I was going to look at a recommended diet and people please believe me it is only 3 weeks and I am still going gym so my muscle will be fine trust me ... My best mate is a Qualified fitness and nutritional consultant so I can get tips on tap...

I simply wanted a general overview on how much people in my kinds weight bracket have lost on a VLCD if experienced it

Lol so much controversy

And please people believe me when I say it was a 2/3 weeks thing nothing more .... Heaven knows I love my food far to much I didn't get like this just looking at donuts !!! Lol

Xxx

I only weighed a bit more than you when I did it.I lost a stone in 3 wks.I don't want people to think I'm,encouraging you,I personally felt very tired,but you seem to know what your doing.good luck x

I did lighterlife for 4 months.

The first week is mostly water weight and I lost 2 stone before I really noticed any change.

The first week I lost 7.5 lbs, second week 4 lbs and then 3lbs most weeks after that.

I didn't do my body any harm but it was with lighterlife and I was monitored throughout.

If you are only doing it for 3 weeks and then going straight back to eating carbs and sugar (not saying this is your plan) without a proper refeed programme there is a chance you may gain back a lit of the first weeks loss as you fill your glycogen stores back up as each pound of glycogen holds up to 4 pounds of water retention. This is why you drop so much the first couple weeks on a VLCD, your glycogen stores drop to empty so so does your water retention

Back