VLCD to Atkins

Mo-Jo

Iv been doing CD and slim and save for just over 2 months and Im doing fine BUT my hair has got so thin its totaly freaking me out!
Just wondering if anyone has made the transition to atkins from a VLCD and cos were in ketosis already how that went in regard to weight loss
thankies x

Mo-Jo said:
Iv been doing CD and slim and save for just over 2 months and Im doing fine BUT my hair has got so thin its totaly freaking me out!
Just wondering if anyone has made the transition to atkins from a VLCD and cos were in ketosis already how that went in regard to weight loss
thankies x

This is what I want to know as well please - good post :)

well Iv decided to bite the bullett and just try Atkins , started this morning so Watch this space MrsGlas!
x

Hi, I was on Exante and am just working my way onto a low-carb diet. I've basically gone from 3 shakes to WS and now just eating low carb with the odd shake. I've not seen an increase in weight I guess because I'm doing it gradually. It may be that if you go straight from SS to Atkins you won't see any gain in weight. I think this is because atkins induction allows 20g carbs per day but 3 meals/shakes on Exante is 60g on their own.

Good luck with it anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine :Dxx

hey i come over from exante to atkins im currently on day 12 of atkins and i gained an initial 1lb the 1st day but all together after 7 days of atkins i lost 5.8lb so i found the move over very easy although took me a few days not to feel quilty for what i ate . x

Hi im new to the site. Istarted atkins on july 9th and so far ive lost 12 lbs. The first couple weeks are extremely hard but then it gets better. The rewards of seeing the scale number go down is so rewarding. If i can do it u can too. The only thing i dont like while in ketosis is the bad breath. LoL. I have a long way to go but im determined to lose this weight.

Make sure you're drinking enough and the ketosis breath should improve a lot xx

Well done to you that's a fab loss....I'm on week 3 loving it too xx

Sorry so late on my response... What week r u on? Im finishing up my 6 week. So far i lost 14 lbs but seemed to plateu. Last few days i havnt lost anything.

Excellent thred, im coming over on weds from a vlcd! im already in ketosis so hoping the transition will be abit easier than eating around 600cals a day! i love my meat yum yum oh and eggs etc i cant wait so excited :)

Back