Vlcd to WW

leinadeoz

Hi

I wondered if anyone had swapped from a vlcd to weight watchers and continued to loose weight?

I have lost 3.5 stone in 10 weeks so far as needed to loose 5 stone for ivf. I am stopping on 10th September web hopefully I will have lost the 5, but will still have another 2 to go until my overall target. I want to do the last 2 in a healthier way and am considering my options, thinking weight watchers will be the way to go but worried it won't work after a drastic diet.

3 stone 4lb lost in 9 weeks - love slim and save :)

The quick answer is yes you can swap over... the how to do it is the longer more involved thing and if you want to keep on losing through this then you have to phase in food over a period of 3-4 weeks....

That means working up to eating proper food over that period of time. Adding protein and veggies first then slowly adding carbohydrates in a bit by bit fashion. You MUST do this if you don't want rebound weight gain as your liver restocks it's glycogen stores.

So first week, still have all your packs but add small chicken breast (150g) and green veg in the evening
Second week 2 packs, more substantial protein and veg meal, but stay away from potatoes, try carrots or peas... and a piece of fruit (Not banana) every day
third week add some cereal at breakfast and only have a shake for lunch you can add a small portion of wholegrain pasta or a 150g potato to dinner at this point and a second piece of fruit You should also be drinking 300ml of skimmed milk too.

4th week you can start following the WW plan.

Slow and steady intro back to food is the only way to keep all of those losses that you have worked so hard to achieve over the past 9 weeks
Good Luck

Thanks, I have a little while to go before I swap but just sorting out how in going to do it, thanks for the help x

3 stone 8lb lost in 10 weeks - love slim and save :)

Back