VLCD

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by adele4415, 23 August 2009 Social URL.

1. adele4415

adele4415 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    If i were to eat 500 calories a day for a week or two,i'm under the impression i'd obviously lose weight, but would it actually be fat?

Or muscle mass or something as i'm not eating enough?

And if it were not fat, why not? as surely people on the likes of lipotrim who are eating very few calories are losing fat?

sorry for my ignorance!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    It depends on what you eat.

If your meals are not 100% nutritionally complete providing enough protein, some fat, some carb and vitamins and minerals then your diet will be defficient in some way.

This could (and probably would) mean that in addition to losing fat, you would also lose muscle and possibly bone density too. On a VLCD it is important that you make sure it is 100% nutritionally complete as your body consuming muscle is not good for 2 main reasons.

1) Lean muscle burns fat as it is used - less of it less fat burnt
    2) Your heart is made of muscle and you do not want to weaken that in any way at all.

So be VERY careful!

4. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Why on earth do you go and post something like that on this forum. You obviously have no idea what you are saying!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.