w bad can nuts really be???

coffee_bean

Hi everyone,

Well I've just checked into my hotel for the start of week 2 of complete eating out while on xenical.
I went down to the resturant and had a chicken salad to start and sea bass for main but... the chicken salad had a ton of pine nuts in it. They were soooo scrummy that I enjoyed every last one of them.

I'm now panicking as nuts are high in fat and I have so far not experienced any side effects (and really don't want to!)

Do you think it'll be ok? apart from the nuts everything else was low in fat but I don't know how long it'll take for me to react if I'm going to and I have a day full of meetings tomorrow!

Argh!

Any thoughts appreciated

Kate x x

Hi Kate,
Pine nuts contain 14.3g of fat per oz so it really depends on how many you ate... Fingers crossed for you :)
Clare x

Hi Kate

Pine nuts are just under 70g fat per 100, way over the 5% allowed. Even though they are good fats Xenical does not descriminate.

I cant say if they will affect you, everyone is different. Some the effects are almost instant, others can be several days later.

I ate a pecan the other day and nothing happened!

Probably not what you wanted to hear but if you feel like you are going to "pop" I'd make sure you are near a loo!

Julie x

Wow - 70% fat???
Thats far worse than I thought. So far so good on the side effects front - I'm really hoping that I've managed to balance them out with all the good things that I ate. I reckon I ate about 30 but their only tiny!
I'll stay near a toilet just incase.

Note to self - say no to nuts!!!!

Back