w bad can nuts really be???

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by coffee_bean, 17 May 2009 Social URL.

1. coffee_bean

coffee_bean Full Member

Hi everyone,

Well I've just checked into my hotel for the start of week 2 of complete eating out while on xenical.
    I went down to the resturant and had a chicken salad to start and sea bass for main but... the chicken salad had a ton of pine nuts in it. They were soooo scrummy that I enjoyed every last one of them.

I'm now panicking as nuts are high in fat and I have so far not experienced any side effects (and really don't want to!)

Do you think it'll be ok? apart from the nuts everything else was low in fat but I don't know how long it'll take for me to react if I'm going to and I have a day full of meetings tomorrow!

Argh!

Any thoughts appreciated

Kate x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. New Clare

New Clare Full Member

Hi Kate,
    Pine nuts contain 14.3g of fat per oz so it really depends on how many you ate... Fingers crossed for you :)
    Clare x

4. billygroat

billygroat Full Member

Hi Kate

Pine nuts are just under 70g fat per 100, way over the 5% allowed. Even though they are good fats Xenical does not descriminate.

I cant say if they will affect you, everyone is different. Some the effects are almost instant, others can be several days later.

I ate a pecan the other day and nothing happened!

Probably not what you wanted to hear but if you feel like you are going to "pop" I'd make sure you are near a loo!

Julie x

5. coffee_bean

coffee_bean Full Member

Wow - 70% fat???
    Thats far worse than I thought. So far so good on the side effects front - I'm really hoping that I've managed to balance them out with all the good things that I ate. I reckon I ate about 30 but their only tiny!
    I'll stay near a toilet just incase.

Note to self - say no to nuts!!!!