Wagamama Dishes

SeeMeShrink

I am new to SW and my favourite eatery is Wagamama - Chicken Katsu Curry was my favourite until I discovered it had an insane amount of calories:eek:, so converted to the Wagamama Ramen.

Haven't eaten out since starting the plan, but would love to take my boyf there this weekend.

I have asked in class if anyone knows, but I didn't get a response as not many ate there, was just wondering if anyone knew the Syn value of any of their delicious dishes?

Thank you:D

They don't currently have the nutritional information available :(
I have emailed them too but haven't received a response as of yet...

Chicken ramen and chilli beef ramen are pretty safe. Try and stick with the clear broth ones. The stir fried rice and noodle dishes and coconut broths will have syns, but clear broths with spices, lean meat and noodles will be free on EE.

The cookbook is excellent btw- I make them all the time at home and am able to de-syn them by using frylight

xxxx

Do they use very lean meat in the Ramen dishes and do they use any oil? Sesame oil? These are the hidden syns you have to watch out for but saying that I guess this would be your lowest syn dish there I'd imagine. Go and enjoy yourself and count it as your days syns. That is what I would do then carry on with the plan as normal. x

I love Wagamama's too! I go for the chilli ramen with chicken and count it as free on a green day with the chicken as a healthy extra b choice. Ordered the cook book on Amazon. Can't wait to try it out as I just spent 3 weeks in Malaysia/Thailand and managed to stick to the SW plan and lose 10 pounds eating delicious asian meals every day.

I love Wagamama's too! I go for the chilli ramen with chicken and count it as free on a green day with the chicken as a healthy extra b choice. Ordered the cook book on Amazon. Can't wait to try it out as I just spent 3 weeks in Malaysia/Thailand and managed to stick to the SW plan and lose 10 pounds eating delicious asian meals every day.
I love that kind of food. Have you seen any of the Rick Stein 'Far Eastern Odyssey' series? I got the cookbook for that 2 weeks ago and have already cooked 7 thinks out of it you can really adapt the majority of the recipes to SW and they are amazing!

Maybe treat yourself to that too as a reminder of your holiday?
x

I love that kind of food. Have you seen any of the Rick Stein 'Far Eastern Odyssey' series? I got the cookbook for that 2 weeks ago and have already cooked 7 thinks out of it you can really adapt the majority of the recipes to SW and they are amazing!

Maybe treat yourself to that too as a reminder of your holiday?
x

Yes, I've been watching Rick Stein's programme. Really love it. I used to live in Malaysia and have travelled a fair bit around Asia so he is visiting lots of the places we used to go to and cooking lots of the food that we used to enjoy. Yum. Will have a look at his book next time I'm in town.

Wagamama's cookbook was delivered about an hour ago but will have to wait the look through it as my daughter got there first!!! Looks really good though...

Is Wagamama japanese? Do they serve sushi? I think I'll be going there one night next week and have never been before, so don't really know what to expect!

Is Wagamama japanese? Do they serve sushi? I think I'll be going there one night next week and have never been before, so don't really know what to expect!
It is a mixture of 'eastern' cuisines. There are malaysian, vietnamese, thai, india, china, japan- I have never seen sushi on the menu but there are lots of other tasty treats in store for you!!!!
x

I've never tried Yasai Cha Han but it sounds yummy! The veg will be free but you'll have to syn the fried tofu and the oil. I would think at least 6 for the oil and probably another 4 for the fried tofu. (A 150g pack of Cauldron Foods marinated fried tofu is 8 syns) I would add half a syn for the Miso too and the pickles would probably be free. Probably best to count it as your day's syns allowance to be on the safe side.

Wagamamas clear soup based noodle dishes (ramen) have less syns so maybe you could try those next time you go.

Good luck with Slimming World.

I've never tried Yasai Cha Han but it sounds yummy! The veg will be free but you'll have to syn the fried tofu and the oil. I would think at least 6 for the oil and probably another 4 for the fried tofu. (A 150g pack of Cauldron Foods marinated fried tofu is 8 syns) I would add half a syn for the Miso too and the pickles would probably be free. Probably best to count it as your day's syns allowance to be on the safe side.

Wagamamas clear soup based noodle dishes (ramen) have less syns so maybe you could try those next time you go.

Good luck with Slimming World.

Thansk kvb. That sounds about right for the syns!

I love the ginger chicken udon, which I count as mostly free on EE! :D I allow a few syns for the oil used in cooking and I usually have some edamame beans on the side. Definitely free those :)

If you turn off the predictive text on your mobile, and in a text press the keys 92426262 you get wagamama. Is that the longest word you can make with just the first letters on the number pad?

I know, I should get out more :)

Chicken Katsu!

I also love chicken katsu but I'm having to stay away from wagamama whilst on slimming world!!
Cook yourself thin do a VERY good recipe though
It's absolutely delicious and one of my friends has worked it out at about 7 syns for the whole recipe (so split that between 4)

Blend the sauce rather than sieving it at the end for a lovely thick sauce :)

Yummy!! :eek:

x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back