WAGAMAMA or Bust

Noellamon

Hi all, Thanks to a post on MSE http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...85#post9123485 I have an invite to a Wagamama preview next Friday. "When Wagamama open a new store they run an invite only preview event before the opening. The idea is the staff get to practice their skills and you get a free lunch or dinner. The portions are generous and you get a free main course, side dish and 2 drinks each".

Typical - I'm on a diet & I get a restaurant invite. I sent my e-mail before I started on CD however I really want to go as it's ages since me & my OH have been out without the kids. So I've made some plans as to how to tackle this situation:

1. I will start my AMMW a day later (this Saturday instead of this Friday) and then Friday will be the last day of my AAMW.
2. I wont have any alcohol.
3. I will stop eating as soon as I start to feel full.
4. I will return to SS the very next day.

The only thing is I'm not sure what to have off the menu. If anyone would like to make a suggestion as to what the most CD friendly /damage limitation items are on the menu (http://www.wagamama.com/downloads/menus/uk_main_07.pdf) I'd be really grateful.

I know that this is a potentially slippery slope but I feel more in control of my eating than I ever have & I am certain that I can get back in the saddle on the Saturday, so we'll see how I go.

So difficult with Wagamama!

I love their food.

But I E-mailed them a few months ago asking for the calorie content of the Yaki Udon as I love it but I have a suspicion it is about 1000 calories due to sheer size of the portion.

They replied with that they have NO nutritional information to give out on their products.

They hoped by the end of 2008 to be able to confirm but maybe not.

Therefore you can't be sure!!

In terms of what I would guess!! Then the chicken skewers for a starter and the chicken ramen with no noodles as a main.

BUT that is a guess and you know I am old school Cambridge so would recommend water and a cambridge bar :)

Mike

I would just eat protien, no carbs, so try beef, chicken, lots of veg or salad, if thats possible. That way you should'nt go out of ketosis.
Good luck

That is always the way - I've been invited to 5 parties since I started CD 5 weeks ago. Normally I'm lucky to have 4 in a year!

As above, stick to the meat and veg (no not chips ;)) and have a great time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice folks much appreciated!

Yes as others have said avoid the carbs and stick more to protein if possible nothing too salty.

Get back on track the next day.

Also try to have all your packs even if you are having a meal to ensure your complete nutrition. You could either have two together early in the day or one as a bedtime drink.

Back