Wagamama!

Man I love all their food :)

I've seen loads of posts asking and guessing about their syn values but nothing very solid. As I work there and we have an awesome kitchen team who know enough about nutrition to help me out, I'm gonna share what I can with anybody interested :D

Let me start with this though. NO DISH is syn free. not as standard. They will probably accommodate pretty well if they're not too busy. I personally often have (I say often, three days in a row since I started this diet on thursday :p ) number 70, the Chicken Teriyake Dumburi. I ask for the chicken steamed rather than cooked on the tepan (where they use around 5-15 ml of vegetable oil!) and no sauce. I get extra veggies chucked in too if there's someone nice on :D then i add the green topped low sodium soy sauce on the tables. If you like it spicy there's also the schishimi in the brown pots on tables which is also free. And a side of edamame.
This is a gorgeous meal and is totally syn free :cool:
if you fancy, number 100 the chicken gyoza is only 2 sins a pop and they're gorgeous.

If anyone wants me to try find out anything else let me know =)

oh my god you have answered my prayers. i alwats have the saien soba and am quite adicted to it. anychance you could tell me how many syns are in theis xxxx

I'm dying to try that but I'm always too tempted by the seafood ramen instead <3
The ramen noodles aren't coated in oil like the others do there's no syns to worry about there. Just the max 6 syns that the veggies and stuff are fried in but that's the most and it's probably less. You could even ask for it to be cooked in as little oil as possible and you're looking very close to syn free!

dbuckle1 said:
oh my god you have answered my prayers. i alwats have the saien soba and am quite adicted to it. anychance you could tell me how many syns are in theis xxxx

I LOVE the saian soba! Just had my first one mmm

lauren2244 said:
Am eating out at lunch tomorrow and was going to have the ramen so just need to decide which one now :) x

Don't go for the chilli ones cos the stuff that makes it spicy are chilli oil and ebi katsu sauce, both dead synny :) and make sure you request little to no oil :)

Oh yeah Wagamama seasoning. It's essentially soy sauce but contains other things. This includes sugar. Only a tiny amount and they never use much if the seasoning, like 5-15 ml depending on the dish. It's up to you if you wanna syn it

millions.. people come in all the time thinking they're on a diet cos they order the grilled one, it's not that much worse to go for the nice one. it's the sauce thats a good few hundred calories on it own, then loads in the salad dressing too. if i were to have one, i'd probably have no syns for a good two or three days to be sure. maybe take the kids one if you're dying for one, take the grilled one and be proper sparing with the sauce, you could probably call that 1 days syns.
i haven't tried this but here's a recipe to try it :)
Chicken Katsu Curry | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

You are brilliant - thank you for this. I always have yasai katsu - its so yummy. Any ideas on how many syns for this? Also I have some edemame beans to eat at lunch time (in their pods as a ready made snack from tesco) but no idea how many syns to count on a red day?

This is such a good site, only just discovered. Starting Slimming World (again!) three weeks ago and lost a stone so far - well pleased. However, got taken out to Wagamama's today for lunch and totally confused about syns. Admittedly the chicken raisukaree was probably not the best choice but was very delicious. Any ideas on syns????

This is very helpful! My favourite is the yasai katsu curry but i will definitely be avoiding it for a good while. I'm gonna give that recipe a try though.

Back