Wagamamas

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by skinnybride2013, 11 May 2011 Social URL.

1. skinnybride2013

skinnybride2013 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Ok this is a "I've already eaten it situation" met up with friends all wanted dinner, choices were Mexican or wagamamas so went with that;

Menu was not SW friendly, am on a green day, been really good all day been syn free and had all HX's

I had the veg version of the katsu curry with boiled rice and salad....please someone tell me how bad it was :-(

Thanks

P.S it was lovely :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. woolfio

woolfio Member

Well I went wagamamas too last week and had a ginger chicken udon with edame beans on the side, they are really good in that you can request for it to be cooked in no oil - it still tasted fab but wasn't sure how to syn it........ Anyone got any ideas!?

4. skinnybride2013

Start Weight:
    10st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Anyone got any ideas.......I'm thinking there will have been some oil (not for you woolfio, you lucky thing) and perhaps some sort of cream/coconut milk in the sauce but it wasn't a lot of sauce.

Do we think 12 would be enough? In the book a chinese vegetable curry is 9 points....?

5. *Bambi*

*Bambi* Restarter...

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(17.84%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hey... Not quite sure on the katsu curry but heres a recipe i found for it...
    for the vegetable curry :
    2 tbsp butter *
    half a large onion, chopped
    ¼ lb carrots, boiled and chopped
    ¼ lb potatoes, boiled and chopped

for the Katsu curry sauce :
    2 tbsp butter *
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    half large onion, chopped
    3 Granny Smith apples, chopped *
    2¼ pints water
    2 bananas, chopped
    2 tbsp honey
    1 tbsp ground turmeric
    ½ tbsp hot curry powder
    2 tbsp ketchup *
    15 fl oz chicken stock
    2 tbsp cornflour *
    1 tbsp salt
    2 tbsp ground black pepper

ive put stars by the things you would have to syn... dont know if that helps!

with the ginger chicken stirfry i think it should be syn free if its got no oil?!

6. skinnybride2013

Start Weight:
    10st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb

7. AlikabierLou

AlikabierLou Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.17%)
    Oh I'd be intersted to know too, I have the Saien Soba when i go in which is all free food with the exception that the Tofu is fried so I never know what to syn for this either. I seen posts that it should be about 10 but that seems really high to me for what it is.

whole wheat noodles in a vegetable soup topped with fried tofu, beansprouts, courgettes, asparagus, red onion, leeks, mushrooms, mangetout and garlic. garnished with spring onion

Maybe if I get with out the Tofu it would be completely free - What do you think ??

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.