Waist measurements

mumto4

I start on saturday and going to see my CDC tomorrow night. Will she take my measurements? Suppose if I ask her to, she would.

Hiya - I would definitely ask her to measure you and include your bust, waist, hips and thighs. I have also decided to measure my back - just underneath my boobs myself so that I can see the change in size of my back. Loosing inches as well as lbs is great to see. It helps you realise the total losses you have achieved. I would also suggest that she takes some photos of you as well - that is also a good record. Good luck with your first meeting and with the diet

Good luck with the diet. Mine didn't measure me, but then I wouldn't have wanted her to-I keep track of my own measurements. I will have been on CD for 2 months on Saturday and have so far lost 5 inches from my bust, 6 from my waist, 6 from my hips and about 2 1/2 from each thigh. That's all with no exercise.

Brill Sparkles. I know your not meant to exercise but would toning exercises be ok, im not planning on doing anything aerobic lol.

I get measured every week - arm, thigh, waist, hips and bust.
It's great actually because even without a big loss, you can still drop a good number of inches and that means you keep your motivation going.

My CDC is a bloke and dont fancy him measuring all my bits.........lol

haha @sandypops. Are you keeping track yourself then?

Not really but go by my clothes .......he measured my waist on week one and that was it...................otherwise he is a brilliant cdc and very supportive I have to say...............x

My CDC game me this green card thing where she records my weight each time I go and measurements for waist, hips, bust, arms and thighs... which she fills in every week?

must admit the measuring does help! (i lost 3 inches off my hips in two weeks and it is extra motivating!)

ofcourse - like Sandypops, clothes are a fantastic indication too :)

Brill Sparkles. I know your not meant to exercise but would toning exercises be ok, im not planning on doing anything aerobic lol.
Toning exercises are fine. Light weights, pilates or yoga are ideal, as is walking. A lot of people have a Wii fit which is also very good-especially the hula-hooping! I've also got a Slendertone-but I need some more pads, so haven't got around to using it much yet!

I have a wii fit which i want to continue to use. Does a slendertone work? Not heard of them in years lol

Ooooh I didn't consider measuring myself nor did my cdc advise it. Wish i had done it at the beginning now as i have had a fab 1st week loss of 11lbs and would of loved to know where its gone from.

Do you all recommend measuring? i get obsessive about things hence why i wont purchase any scales as i know id be hopping on every 5 minutes hehe.

Well I asked about measuring and she said if I wanted to et measured she would but personally she didn't recommend it because she can't be sure that she will measure me in the exact same place next time which could gie a false reading. Suppose thats fair enough. She just told me to keep trying on a pair of jeans that are too small and go from there.

Hmm - I think if you measure exactly on your belly button you can find that the next time, plus if you measure exactly across your bust that is going to be in the same place. I admit I think I am measured in a different place on my hips but you can definitely see the changes. Plus it motivates you if you think the pounds are not moving. But it is a personal choice - perhaps you could measure your waist yourself every week and record that?

Whatever you do good luck with it!

I get measured every week and really like it.It's good for me to see where the weight is coming off :)

It seems weird to me not to be measured - particularly as there's a measurement chart on the yellow cards? Although my CDC does hand me the tape measure and I measure my own bust, waist and hips, and she does my arm and thigh. (Having said that, she suggested that I only get measured once a month in case I don't get smaller very quickly and I get demoralised! :))

There's a measurement area in the Minimins spreadsheet, which also indicates to me that it's probably expected on CD? :confused:

Back