Waiting by the letter box.....

Sadly my son had been terribly I'll for the last three years.... he has something which only affects one in a million people and just this week I have found out that my daughter has something that only affects between one and five people in a million but not anything to do with my sons illness.... she now has lot have six months of immune suppressing treatment followed by six months of Kemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant....
she has bipolar disorder ... he has Aspergers and a protruding disc in his spine as well as having some other health problems since being a baby on top of becoming one in a million three years ago.... And my only other child is a chronic depressive....

The joys of motherhood...

My wife says I am an over-optimist (I say she is the opposite). Well I think these are great news you lost 37 lbs over 17 months if... you had a slow and steady weight loss. If you haven't put your body into ups and downs that ruin your metabolism you are in a great position. So my question is did you have a slow and steady loss or not?

It hasn't been Lots of loose some, put some back on.... it has been a downward trend although I will sometimes put up to three pounds on for no apparent reason which will come off again for no apparent reason... must be water or something.... my weight will stick for several weeks sometimes and I just keep plodding along and eventually it starts to move again. I am not really a binger by nature.... I can't eat a main course and a starter or desert.... I just can't fit it in.... I don't drink much alcohol maybe a couple of bottles on a year.. I like to cook so don't really go in for remade stuff.. I love fruit and vegetables... I don't really bother with biscuits and although I do enjoy the odd packet of crisps I have maybe had one packet in the last three or four months and that was as part of a meal with salsa and hummus. I do take sugar in my tea and coffee but only half a spoonful which amounts to three teaspoons a day. I struggle with breakfast ideas because I don't eat cereal. The one unhealthy thing that I really like is the fat on meat, so I have to be really careful there.

Sadly my son had been terribly I'll for the last three years.... he has something which only affects one in a million people and just this week I have found out that my daughter has something that only affects between one and five people in a million but not anything to do with my sons illness.... she now has lot have six months of immune suppressing treatment followed by six months of Kemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant....
she has bipolar disorder ... he has Aspergers and a protruding disc in his spine as well as having some other health problems since being a baby on top of becoming one in a million three years ago.... And my only other child is a chronic depressive....

The joys of motherhood...

Jeez Princess that's alot to cope with & tackling your weightloss aswell, you're one brave babe, I admire you :D

Thanks Issy....

A few years ago the endocrinologist said with the stress in my life he didn't know how I managed to stand up... He said some thing had to go.... I asked him which one he wanted me to bump off lol

Thanks Issy....

A few years ago the endocrinologist said with the stress in my life he didn't know how I managed to stand up... He said some thing had to go.... I asked him which one he wanted me to bump off lol

Well this is it isn't it, as a parent you just don't get the choice, it's your child so you do what has to be done & yes I agree, tis a wonder you are still standing, you sound like a lovely mother so well done :clap::bighug:

Totally gutted..... the surgery have chased up my voucher.....not only has it not been sent because the lady who processes them is away, she is not back for another week and then it will take another couple of weeks to get it because she has a back log to deal with.... so it will be at least 3 weeks or more before I can go. :badmood:

I was just about to start a diary on the slimming world thread when I got the call and just deleted what I was writing... it is so off putting :cry:

Maybe I'm not meant to go at all...

I don't see how I can try the system with out being able to get the information about healthy extras etc.....

Now stuck and sulky

Totally gutted..... the surgery have chased up my voucher.....not only has it not been sent because the lady who processes them is away, she is not back for another week and then it will take another couple of weeks to get it because she has a back log to deal with.... so it will be at least 3 weeks or more before I can go. :badmood:

I was just about to start a diary on the slimming world thread when I got the call and just deleted what I was writing... it is so off putting :cry:

Maybe I'm not meant to go at all...

I don't see how I can try the system with out being able to get the information about healthy extras etc.....

Now stuck and sulky

Oh I'm sooo sorry this has happened to you, I get excited everytime I see a post here thinking finally today is the day that you got it.

Look don't let this set you back, you're already doing well by just being here. Restart that diary, I command you to it, hee hee, even if it's just a tool to vent, rant, rage, chat. I've started one today after much soul searching, I don't usually do stuff like this, so it's a big step for me too, usually a private person.

Go to the food diaries & healthy extra section, this will give you info you need & an idea on what everyone else eats, you're sure to find some food you like & have in stock. 3 weeks will fly by, keep ringing them once a week, be polite & firm & they'll soon get sick of the calls, ha ha & expediate your voucher quick as lightening to be rid of you lol.

Please don't give up hunny!!!!

Get to the poundshop & buy a couple of notebooks, one to keep track of what your eating, the other one write down food, syn values or what ever interests you here till you get your hands on your SW pack.

Chin up, it can & will still be done, no better woman to do it I think!!!!

Thanks Sweetie . It is so good to have a bit of encouragement.....

I have been recording what I eat for months and I keep notes in the back on health tips and stuff (great minds think alike).

I can't ring them once a week though because I don't have the contact details I could only ring the nurse and she is run off her feet as it is....

I will keep plodding on and learning what I can as I go...

Just contemplating what too have to eat tomorrow as I am meat free on Fridays.... I am thinking poached egg and toast for breakie and adding a chopped up quorn burger to some veggie stirfry for lunch and probably getting fishy at tea time.....

My daughter says that skimmed milk is free is she right, I would be very pleased if it is

My son had a kidneys issue almost 4 years ago and for 1 year we were visiting a hospital 180 km away. He is our only kid and before his birth was diagnosed with kidneys problem. I can understand your feelings. Fortunately we were lucky. His problem just "disappeared", doctors couldn't locate any problem with kidneys anymore. But as Issy stated above, you are a real hero my dear.
Just from my experience in life. Things I desperately wanted to do and all kind of obstacles were preventing me to obtain, were the most rewarding and great things in my life. I wish your SW journey will be the most rewarding weight loss journey you ever had.

Thanks Sweetie . It is so good to have a bit of encouragement.....

I have been recording what I eat for months and I keep notes in the back on health tips and stuff (great minds think alike).

I can't ring them once a week though because I don't have the contact details I could only ring the nurse and she is run off her feet as it is....

I will keep plodding on and learning what I can as I go...

Just contemplating what too have to eat tomorrow as I am meat free on Fridays.... I am thinking poached egg and toast for breakie and adding a chopped up quorn burger to some veggie stirfry for lunch and probably getting fishy at tea time.....

My daughter says that skimmed milk is free is she right, I would be very pleased if it is

Hopefully it'll not take too long to sort, sending some "hurry the hell up" vibes your way :vibes:

350ml a day is your Healthy Extra A allowance, I would only use this much if I have cereal, then I split it & rest is for tea. Most days I measure out 120ml of skimmed milk, does me for at least 5 cuppas & I have 30g of mozzeralla cheese, these cover my healthy extra A. You can mix & match to suit yourself. Or you could have 175ml skimmed milk & 3 Extra Light Laughing Cow/2 dairylea light triangles.

Healthy extra B's I use tend to be 2 weetabix or 60g of wholemeal bread, if I want more bread (I love bread) I have to syn it & its 6syns for every 60g.

I use frylight to cook with, so synfree. I have a sweet tooth so take sweetners in my tea & on cereal.

Breakfast I tend to have are:

2 fried eggs on toast
Beans & eggs with/without toast
Full english brekkie : mushrooms, onions, beans, eggs, bacon, sausages (quorn or other synfree types), usually don't need toast as I get stuffed, fills me for ages.
SW magic pancakes: I'm new to these, you add a synfree yogurt to 35g of porridge (HealthyExtraB), leave overnight, then mix with 2 eggs & tablespoon of sweetner, fry in batches, like thick american pancakes, sooo filling, serve plain or with more yogurt & berries, yummy.
If I'm busy I just have fruit & yogurt for breakfast OR 2 Alpen Light bars are a HealthyExtraB, I love the choc fudge.

Let me know if there's any other info you need!!

Thanks Issy :D

My son had a kidneys issue almost 4 years ago and for 1 year we were visiting a hospital 180 km away. He is our only kid and before his birth was diagnosed with kidneys problem. I can understand your feelings. Fortunately we were lucky. His problem just "disappeared", doctors couldn't locate any problem with kidneys anymore. But as Issy stated above, you are a real hero my dear.
Just from my experience in life. Things I desperately wanted to do and all kind of obstacles were preventing me to obtain, were the most rewarding and great things in my life. I wish your SW journey will be the most rewarding weight loss journey you ever had.

Hi... somehow I missed your post before..... Thank you so much for your words of encouragement x

The longer I wait for this voucher to arrive the more I wonder if joining a group will be the right thing for me to do or if I should just carry on with my diet on my own....

The longer I wait for this voucher to arrive the more I wonder if joining a group will be the right thing for me to do or if I should just carry on with my diet on my own....

Sure you might as well use the voucher, go to group, get the up-to-date books, have the plan explained thoroughly to you, it'll give you a chance to get used to the plan. You'll also get access to their book shop. Sure if it's not your thing you've still got here.

Still plodding along doing my own thing.... enjoying cooking up some lovely grub....

Today so far I've had poached egg on toast for breakfast and Spicy bean and vegetable Stew (hairy dieter's) and this evening we are having turkey and Cashew nuts (from Kathy Man's low fat Chinese) not sure yet whether to have it with rice or noodles. I think I will start my food diary today.

Still plodding along doing my own thing.... enjoying cooking up some lovely grub....

Today so far I've had poached egg on toast for breakfast and Spicy bean and vegetable Stew (hairy dieter's) and this evening we are having turkey and Cashew nuts (from Kathy Man's low fat Chinese) not sure yet whether to have it with rice or noodles. I think I will start my food diary today.

I vote for noodles,let me know when you start your diary!!

We went with noodles because I shared some rice pudding with my son earlier :D

there is a link to my diary in my signature line

Back