Waiting to restart

loubie84

Hi All

Reading the posts on here has given me the strength to restart Cambridge. Last year I did this and lost 2 stone in a month but I gave in to peer pressure of going out etc...

I am getting married in 20 months and started trying on wedding dresses, found 'the one' but refuse to get it in my current size - so I have to stick to it!

I wondered if any of you
1. Have diet coke - this is my version of coffee, I don't have other vices (apart from food and I'm having to give that up) and does it affects weight loss?
2. Have milk with their shakes? and does it affects weight loss because last time I suffered from excess acid and dr said milk might help
3. Can we still have sugar free chewing gum?

I'm really excited about this, have PCOS & under active thyroid so want this weight gone now! ;)

Thank you All
Lou xxx

People who are on SS+ have a small milk allowance for the day, I dont see why you cant do that, maybe just have it on its own.

It too am I diet coke fiend. I love it. The problem is they use aspartame as the sugar replacement - as far as I know its really not that bad for you, however, this chemical causes the release of another which tells you that you are hungry when you arent. This causes overeating and binge eating, so I think its best avoided if you can.

Check if coke zero has it in otherwise I would steer clear.

Good luck, you can do this!

Hey lou,

Thanks for posting on my thread. It's great to hear that some of the things people write have inspired you to get back on track :) We actually have quite a lot in common, as you know i'm also getting married, i have a similar amount of weight to lose as you and i'm orignally from Halesowen and places around there which is just down the road from West Brom! :)

Well done for the 2 stone first time around as well because it shows YOU CAN DO IT! :)

I'm not a fan of milk so i would never consider having milk with a shake but i think the tetra packs are made with milk, so i can't see it affecting your weight loss at all, however you are only supposed to have a certain amount of milk i believe, so if you had milk with each shake i think it would be more than the entitlement? I'm not sure there, might be worth referring to the book or your counsellor for more detailed advice.

I too like my fizzy pop :p I personally have never really mixed it with Cambridge though, but i have known people who do. I keep being told that fizzy drinks in whatever form are so bad in so many different ways so i try to steer clear especially when on cambridge, but from my knowledge it doesn't harm ketosis or weight loss at all providing it's the diet/sugar free versions lol ;) I found what 'mybody is a cage' said really interesting because it is true that after fizzy pop i do tend to feel more empty, prompting me to want to fill the gap. Whereas with water...i feel like i can't move sometimes :p

As for the gum, i chew all day every day and it doesn't normally effect me. My counsellor did warn me that it tends to kick start your stomach acids making you feel hungrier, but the hunger eventually disappears even with the chewing gum and i'd rather be hungry on SS+ that have the utterly minging breath that goes with it :8855:

Wedding Talk!! SO when is the big day? Have you set any firm decisions on venue or honeymoon yet? Pleased you found your dress so early on!! Quite controversially i ordered my dress when i saw it because i simply knew that it was the one i wanted and that i HAD to fit into it no matter what. I ordered it in a size 14 which was always my natural size before i started to gain. I always thought that was a reasonable size, healthy, natural and not unacheivable. If i had bought a size 10 dress then there would be some serious concerns as i can't remember ever getting into a 10!! I just went with what i have known previously is right for me. There are the obvious questions i get such as...aren't you worried about fitting into it or how do you know what you are going to look like etc... even though they are valid points, i know i will get into it and apart from the occasional worries about my skin on my arms etc i'm not too worried. There are always beautiful little jackets and shrugs to go over dresses nowadays so if the result isn't perfect... there are ways to get around it. :) I've stuck a picture of the dress and my shoes on the fridge at home and on my desk at work to remind me what i am doing and after a very rocky re-start here's hoping that this week goes to plan!!

Hoping your weeks so far are going well! Good luck xxxxx

sammy46 said:
Hey lou,

Thanks for posting on my thread. It's great to hear that some of the things people write have inspired you to get back on track :) We actually have quite a lot in common, as you know i'm also getting married, i have a similar amount of weight to lose as you and i'm orignally from Halesowen and places around there which is just down the road from West Brom! :)

Well done for the 2 stone first time around as well because it shows YOU CAN DO IT! :)

I'm not a fan of milk so i would never consider having milk with a shake but i think the tetra packs are made with milk, so i can't see it affecting your weight loss at all, however you are only supposed to have a certain amount of milk i believe, so if you had milk with each shake i think it would be more than the entitlement? I'm not sure there, might be worth referring to the book or your counsellor for more detailed advice.

I too like my fizzy pop :p I personally have never really mixed it with Cambridge though, but i have known people who do. I keep being told that fizzy drinks in whatever form are so bad in so many different ways so i try to steer clear especially when on cambridge, but from my knowledge it doesn't harm ketosis or weight loss at all providing it's the diet/sugar free versions lol ;) I found what 'mybody is a cage' said really interesting because it is true that after fizzy pop i do tend to feel more empty, prompting me to want to fill the gap. Whereas with water...i feel like i can't move sometimes :p

As for the gum, i chew all day every day and it doesn't normally effect me. My counsellor did warn me that it tends to kick start your stomach acids making you feel hungrier, but the hunger eventually disappears even with the chewing gum and i'd rather be hungry on SS+ that have the utterly minging breath that goes with it :8855:

Wedding Talk!! SO when is the big day? Have you set any firm decisions on venue or honeymoon yet? Pleased you found your dress so early on!! Quite controversially i ordered my dress when i saw it because i simply knew that it was the one i wanted and that i HAD to fit into it no matter what. I ordered it in a size 14 which was always my natural size before i started to gain. I always thought that was a reasonable size, healthy, natural and not unacheivable. If i had bought a size 10 dress then there would be some serious concerns as i can't remember ever getting into a 10!! I just went with what i have known previously is right for me. There are the obvious questions i get such as...aren't you worried about fitting into it or how do you know what you are going to look like etc... even though they are valid points, i know i will get into it and apart from the occasional worries about my skin on my arms etc i'm not too worried. There are always beautiful little jackets and shrugs to go over dresses nowadays so if the result isn't perfect... there are ways to get around it. :) I've stuck a picture of the dress and my shoes on the fridge at home and on my desk at work to remind me what i am doing and after a very rocky re-start here's hoping that this week goes to plan!!

Hoping your weeks so far are going well! Good luck xxxxx

Hi Hun!

We have got a lot in common! Maybe we should be buddies ;)

I know Halesowen, shame you still don't live there I could have dragged u out for walks with me ;) no one wants to come with me around here lol.

I'm trying a tetra pack this week see if I can stomach them better, I really hope so! How long have you been going on CD? And more importantly how are you doing? I'm with you on the chewing gum thing I don't think it has any effect part from sorting out ketosis death breath!

Now the important wedding talk! We've set the date at 18th May 2013 I know I have a lot of weight to go so I didn't want to put any pressure on myself and get married next may ;) I dont know if you know the area but I have booked All Saints church off Newton Road (mom and dad got married there and I was christened there so there is history and it's a beautiful church) and booked the reception at Grafton Manor so I'm hoping we have decent weather!

I have chose my dress, it is Alfred Angelo 'Belle' and it's based on the Disney Belle so because I can't have a picture of the actual dress incase the other half sees it I have one of one of the character Belle! And I'm treating myself when I loose 3 stone to go back and try it on again! And again and probably again ;)

So spill, tell me everything about you and your big day plans

Lou xx

Hey Lou,

Well i started Cambridge around this time last year and followed thorugh the 12 weeks on SS and SS+ and lost just over 75lbs which is a little under 5 and a half stone. The weight flew off, but unfortunatley on New Years Eve i had to go to hospital (with all of the drunken patients throwing up everywhere too!) as i was having debilitating pains in my upper body. I then pretty much gave up on following the diet as i was off sick for ages over the first 5-6 months of this year and doctors and CDC were telling me i couldn't continue the lower plans :( After tests and doc's visits and an ultrasound they told me i had gall stones :sigh: so cutting a long story short i had surgery to remove my gall bladder in June and then had to take a 3 month gap before Cambridge would allow me to get started again which took me to the beginning of September. I'd put on just over a stone between Jan and June so i'd moved back from my goal slighly!

Since then i've started and then had to stop because of a chest infection and then started again last week just to cheat on saturday when i went out with friends on a big night out, just to start again this week. I've also had to quit smoking so i'm fighting 2 battles at the moment! So as if i didn't think i had enough pressure we booked the wedding for next year just to really ice the cake (oh wait now i'm thinking about cake :8855:) :rolleyes: Plus Josh and i really want to start having children and we always wanted to do the marriage first so the quicker the better for me, i'm certainly not getting any younger :p The pressure is what keeps me going because if i didn't have that, then i would never have got back on the diet after my surgery, but everyones different, which is what makes us great :)

Our wedding is on the 21st May next year and i have about 100 lbs to lose so not far off what i lost the last time, so my confidence is there because i've done it before...just my motivation needs to match up with it sometimes lol! We are getting married in disneyworld, florida and we fly out on the 16th May and we come back on the 31st. We are then having a big party here in sunny devon for everyone to celebrate with us as there are only a few family members coming out with us.:) I can't wait. As hubby was going to see the dress in our cases and in our hotel room over there i figured the piccies wouldn't hurt, but let's face it my wedding isn't exactly tradtional lol

So that's me in a nutshell! I don't know West Brom very well, but it sounds lovely and if it has a history to your family that will make it all the more special! Have you any honeymoon ideas yet? Is hubby to be helping you along with your cambridge plan? Good luck with the tetras too! I hope they help :)

xxxx

sammy46 said:
Hey Lou,

Well i started Cambridge around this time last year and followed thorugh the 12 weeks on SS and SS+ and lost just over 75lbs which is a little under 5 and a half stone. The weight flew off, but unfortunatley on New Years Eve i had to go to hospital (with all of the drunken patients throwing up everywhere too!) as i was having debilitating pains in my upper body. I then pretty much gave up on following the diet as i was off sick for ages over the first 5-6 months of this year and doctors and CDC were telling me i couldn't continue the lower plans :( After tests and doc's visits and an ultrasound they told me i had gall stones :sigh: so cutting a long story short i had surgery to remove my gall bladder in June and then had to take a 3 month gap before Cambridge would allow me to get started again which took me to the beginning of September. I'd put on just over a stone between Jan and June so i'd moved back from my goal slighly!

Since then i've started and then had to stop because of a chest infection and then started again last week just to cheat on saturday when i went out with friends on a big night out, just to start again this week. I've also had to quit smoking so i'm fighting 2 battles at the moment! So as if i didn't think i had enough pressure we booked the wedding for next year just to really ice the cake (oh wait now i'm thinking about cake :8855:) :rolleyes: Plus Josh and i really want to start having children and we always wanted to do the marriage first so the quicker the better for me, i'm certainly not getting any younger :p The pressure is what keeps me going because if i didn't have that, then i would never have got back on the diet after my surgery, but everyones different, which is what makes us great :)

Our wedding is on the 21st May next year and i have about 100 lbs to lose so not far off what i lost the last time, so my confidence is there because i've done it before...just my motivation needs to match up with it sometimes lol! We are getting married in disneyworld, florida and we fly out on the 16th May and we come back on the 31st. We are then having a big party here in sunny devon for everyone to celebrate with us as there are only a few family members coming out with us.:) I can't wait. As hubby was going to see the dress in our cases and in our hotel room over there i figured the piccies wouldn't hurt, but let's face it my wedding isn't exactly tradtional lol

So that's me in a nutshell! I don't know West Brom very well, but it sounds lovely and if it has a history to your family that will make it all the more special! Have you any honeymoon ideas yet? Is hubby to be helping you along with your cambridge plan? Good luck with the tetras too! I hope they help :)

xxxx

Hi Hun sorry I've not been around I've not been well again :(

Sounds like you are up and down with your health like me :( we'll get there though xx

Ooo a Disney wedding! I love it! My dress is Alfred angelo and based on belle from beauty and the beast, I love it!

We were thinking Italy somewhere for a honeymoon cause he proposed a a beach in Llandudno after an italian restaurant lol.

He's being really good, not letting me have anything I shouldn't and he made me prawn salad every night I was poorly bless him! I just keeping thinking how much I want a baby and the weight isn't going to help my pcos!

How are you doing?

Lou xx

Hi loubie 84, I too love pepsi max but stopped it while on cambridge, but i have had some one night and it didn't effect my ketosis, when i asked my consultant about it she said something about citric acid and that's why we couldn't have it. I have milk in my tea, semi skimmed as i had a 3 day headache at the beginning because i cant drink tea without, i was advised to use soya milk but it was vile, so i did my research of milk and the nearest best one to soya is lactose free and its ok doesn't really taste different in tea. I buy it when i go shopping but i try not to do shopping as there is so much nice food to look at. so i always have semi skimmed and it doesnt effect my ketosis, i love my brews. I think if you have milk in shakes it ups the calorie count alot so not a good idea. I can only drink the shakes if they are ice cold so i add ice and they are lovely, you have to whisk them though or they taste powdery. Hope this helps and good luck x

Back