Waiting to start

I think the hardest thing about Xmas is the people going "oh but it's Christmas. You HAVE to eat Christmas Lunch!".

My mother is going to be the worst. She's very supportive at the moment, but she has already said a few things. I have this feeling her and my gran may actually pin me down and force Turkey down me!

EEEK!

Positive Thinking.
Positive Thinking.
Positive Thinking.

B x

I think the hardest thing about Xmas is the people going "oh but it's Christmas. You HAVE to eat Christmas Lunch!".

My mother is going to be the worst. She's very supportive at the moment, but she has already said a few things. I have this feeling her and my gran may actually pin me down and force Turkey down me!

EEEK!

Positive Thinking.
Positive Thinking.
Positive Thinking.

B x

It might be well worth your while now, to have a good, heart to heart and tell them how important it all is,e tc., and how one day could theoretically ruin it all - it's happened to others - so if they understand well and truly before the day, they should be able to support you. :)

Hope so!

I keep telling them. Hopefully it wont be too much of a shock to them when I am sitting there with me soup!

B x

Hope so!

I keep telling them. Hopefully it wont be too much of a shock to them when I am sitting there with me soup!

B x

Well, they will cope. Remember - at the end of the day, unless they tie you up and force you - you have the final say. Thats the beauty of it all. :)

I agree with you all I think the worst part about Christmas on LL is going to be other people. My husband did say 'oh you won't be having Xmas dinner then but it wouldn't it ruin your diet too much if you had Xmas day off?'
I must have explained over 10 times but bless him he still doesn't really get it :doh: .

'Well you've got to treat yourself now and again' there's another pearl of wisdom. Any of these feeling familiar ?
Treating myself with food got me into this bl**dy state.:airquote:

Well i think I've moaned enough, thanks for listening. :sigh:

'Well you've got to treat yourself now and again' there's another pearl of wisdom. Any of these feeling familiar ?
:sigh:

Here is your reply when they say, "You have to treat yourself...."

Explain to them, that food is just another form of addiction - same as alcohol, heroin, gambling, etc.

Imagine a heroin junkie, who came off junk, and was clean.....or getting clean..

Would someone say to them "Go on, give yourself a little spike - you've done so well, you deserve a treat" - or handing the alcoholic a bottle of gin - "here ya go love - you are doing so well - have a drink"....or tell a recovering gambler, "You have really worked hard - lets go out to celebrate - we'll go to the races...."

THAT explanation usually stops them in their tracks and garners their support Try it - it really drives it home. ;)

Last edited:
hi mandy, i know its frustrating to have to wait to start once you've made the decision to do this diet.
i'm very lucky my llc sees me one to one as i really couldnt make evening classes this together with the 2 hour round trip to see her and the cost has definately made me a lot more determined than i ever thought possible of myself. ive lost 39 in 10 weeks.
once i'd decided i was doing ll i made a concious effort to be positive about every aspect of this diet and ignore my usual cynical or negative thoughts ie it costs so much or i could do it on my own....
perhaps you could try hasseling her a bit and seeing if she'll let you start sooner, its worth a go. i know its meant to be a group thing but this way is working well for me and the alternative would've meant not doing it at all.

all the very best.
babs

Good advice BL will try that one! :thankyou:

Babs My LLC is on holiday at the moment but I will ring her next week and see if I can get a date from her. I first rang her on the 10th October, nearly 3 weeks ago. I've had the interveiw and sent my medical forms back and she emailed me to say 'she hoped it wouldn't be too long and thought about mid November at the latest' :sigh: ( another 2 weeks :( )

The only consolation I have is that a delayed start seems to be the norm, but I will get on her case when she gets back. ;)

Babs - congraulations on your weight loss

You slipped that quietly into your post. You've done so well.
Fantastic - keep it up somehow.:happy096:

Back