Waiting to start

MandyLupton

Gold Member
Hi all,

I am a lighterlifer in waiting, I've handed in my medical forms to my counsellor and now just waiting to start :sigh:. Unfortunately she hasn't enough people at the moment to start up another group :cry:.
So until then I have to wait.
I have alot to lose and want to get cracking.
I've been reading your journeys and it's really inspiring and I'm eager to start. I have lost a little bit of weight on my own but it's a slow process.
So here's hoping it won't be too long before I can share my weightloss journey.

Thanks Pete,

We have five ladies at the moment but she needs a minimum of seven. So heres hoping it wont be too long.

Good luck when you do start. I certainlyunderstand your dissappointment - but most of us had a wait, and that wating time can be put to good use.

If you start weening yourself now off of carbs, it will be a much esaier transition for you going into ketosis - you won;t have as many unpleasant side effect, etc.

Also, do a lot of mental work to prepare yourself for what you are embarking on. Losing 100+/- pounds is acheivable, but requires a lot of determination and persaverence.

Preparing yourself mentally for that is half the battle. It really helped me immensely, and I managed the program without a single lapse and lost nearly 10 stone. I don't think I would have been quite so succesful, so easily, had I not done a lot of mental work in advance.

Good luck to you!! Keep that spirit to start burning and it wil be here before you know it!!

ALL good luck to you and your LL Journey.

If you let it - it can change your life! :)

XX

Hi Mandy

Like you I am waiting to get started and know how fustrated it can be, but am following Blond Logic`s advice and getting myself mentally ready.

Pammiedoll

Hi Mandy,
I posted my medical forms this morning so like yourself am now a "lady in waiting" I am already quite inspired by this forum, think I will be logging on frequently.

Thanks everyone.
I didn't realise that it took some time to get started and hearing that you all have had to wait is really reassuring.
Blonde Logic you have done fantasticly well, you are an inspiration to the rest of us. I am cutting down on the carbs now thats why the weight is coming off, all be it slowly. But It's a loss not a gain.
Pammiedoll and Brumchick, how long has your LLC said you have to wait? My LLC is hoping for mid November as she is going on holiday for a week the end of this week.
It means we will be on it through Christmas but I don't care, the long term benefits will out weigh the negatives. How do you feel about this?
Hoping we get started sooner rather than later.
Thanks again for the posts and advice it is greatly appreciated.

It means we will be on it through Christmas but I don't care, the long term benefits will out weigh the negatives. How do you feel about this?
Hoping we get started sooner rather than later.
Thanks again for the posts and advice it is greatly appreciated.

Hi hon - thanks for your nice comments. Happy to inspire, as many inspired me - and seeing prrof it works really was a shot in the arm for me, so glad it helps. :)

Christmas - ya know what? It's only one Christmas - and when you wake up Boxing day, and feel the satisfying emptiness in your tum - you will scratch your head and wonder all those years, "What exactly was all the fuss about!??"

Its simply one day, of 365 - and you have exactly the right attitude: the long term benefits outweigh the negatives - a thousand times over.

Well done on losing 17 pounds on your own - that's quite impressive to me! I was never ever able to do it on my own. THat shows a lot of inner strength on your part which will put you in good stead for this diet.

I am excited for you. Keep the positive attitude going and you will knock it on its head easily and faster then you ever dreamt possible.

It's so exciting seeing all you newbies just getting started. If I could bottle the WONDERFUL feelings that await you at the end of the diet - to givef you to say SEE - this is what you will get! - well, I would and I would be rich.

But, all we can do is blab on and on about how wonderful it is and how worth every single moment of blood, sweat and tears is.

Nothing....and I MEAN NOTHING - tastes as good as being thin feels.

Get ready to have your world rocked, and well and truly changed!

Its a second chance for us all.

GO FOR IT! Don;t let anything stop you - your dream awaits. :)
XX

BL I think you would make a fantastic LLC. Your so positive and this rubs off on to us. Have thought about it?

Thanks Mandy :)

Ya know, I think it would be a great job to have....to help others. Unfortunately, the cost of a franchise is more then anything I could ever afford. Its over ten grand I believe for the training and the franchise.

I will also be returning to California permanently in the next year or two, and LL is not in America - which is a shame. Maybe one day it will be.

I really do feel very evangelical about the plan, and feel I could offer positive help to people. I only say that, because in a million years, I never, EVER, thought I would be SLIM. I had hoped to lose some weight - but had all but given up on actually being SLIM. Ya know what I mean? I just wanted to be "less fat".

But the fact I actually DID it, amazes even me, and has tought me so much about attitudes, and mind-sets and their importance. ANd that I did it - makes me truly believe anybody can do it. It would be really satisfying to have a hand in helping people get their dream.

SO who knows. One day maybe I can do something similar.

Thanks so much though - thats really nice of you to say. And if I help even only 1 out of 100 people - it makes me feel good.

I want EVERYONE to be successful - because I can say, hand on heart - it can change your whole life. And the rewards are so very worth the effort. And the effort really pales in comparison to the joy that waits at the end.

:)

THanks hon.

xx

I didn't know it cost that much to set up the franchise :eek: no wonder my LLC wants as many people she can get to start a group.
Heres hoping you can help me, I've read that a few members have done slimfast before LL start date. Would you recommend this?

Good luck Mandy

Just like everyone else I had to wait about 6 weeks to start as well. It only made me more determined.
I'm lucky enough to have been in the same group as BL. She is just as great a person in reality as she is on this forum.
You are right. She would be a great LLC.
Actually the franchise costs over £14,000 at the moment and it is a lot of money.
Maybe BL can be the ambassador for LL who introduces it to California..........
why not BL?
:party0038::worthy::party0038:

Hi Slenda

Got a real shock about the cost to be LLC.
Slenda , how have you found being on LL? I suppose if you see the weight falling off it makes you more determined.
I can't wait to start, I'm like an eager little kiddie waiting for Christmas, thats how much doing LL means to me. Being able to run around with my kids and take part in the mums race on sports day.

I'm lucky enough to have been in the same group as BL. She is just as great a person in reality as she is on this forum.
You are right. She would be a great LLC.
Actually the franchise costs over £14,000 at the moment and it is a lot of money.
Maybe BL can be the ambassador for LL who introduces it to California..........
why not BL?
:party0038::worthy::party0038:

Oh bless you honey - thanks for that. :)
You are an absoulte star yourself, and i ma so glad you joined our group. It made all the difference and I love getting to know you. You're a beauty - inside and out...and I now have a girly friend who understands!!!! Something I told you I have been missing terribly snce moving here. <<<hugs>>>

I would definately consider it if the took it the the states. Lord knows we need it!! ;) :D

XXXXXXXX

Hi Mandy

My LLC has a class starting on the 19th Nov, I am still actually wrestling with the whole idea. :confused:

Good luck to you on your journey

Pammiedoll

Pammiedoll thanks for your reply, I'm so ready to start LL. Just wish I had a definate date now.:cry:
I've just started slimfast (2 shakes and a small meal) in preparation for it. Heres hoping that I won't be to hungry the first week! ;) I don't know if I'm doing the right thing but I have read some other ladies have done it so it's worth a try.

The biggest stumbling block I had to get my head around was Christmas, but Blonde Logic has the right attitude, it's only one Christmas! and being slimmer and healthier has to be better.

I hope you make the right decision for you, but I'm hoping you will be a November LL buddy on here to help me along as well as others. :grouphugg:

I agree. Christmas is only one day. It won't be easy but getting through those few hours will feel like a good achievement for you.

I know the waiting is hard (I had to wait the better part of a month) but I do think it gives you the chance to prepare mentally for the challenge. Good luck! :)

I remember beeing as eager as you are. I posted on my blog (in the early days) about how much stuff I'd bought in preperation. I was obsessed with LL before I even started!

Back