Wales Daily Diary...

Been thinking about you all day Wales, I hope all went well and the news is good. :) xxx

Thanks for thinking of me, it worked - 13 eggs collected - I was hoping for 5 or 6. Over the moon. The procedure was fine, the staff were really nice and made it very relaxed. I have some pain, feels like very bad trapped wind but is ok. Had a nice snooze on the sofa, OH is looking after me very well, I can't use a kettle or the cooker for 24 hrs! I have two new injections to have for the next 21 days. One my MIL has to give me as it is intramuscular in my bum, the other I can give myself.

So my 13 little eggs are each in theie own petri-dish, 1 egg and 20,000 sperms, lights dimmed, Barry White on the stereo and who knows:love:

A consultant once described IVF as just a form of an introduction agency for those who struggle to meet under normal circumstances - spot on.

We get a call tomorrow from the embryologist to let us know how many fertilised, the quality and progress, and then think about when they would like to put them back.

Feel thrilled and so lucky that we have got this far, just hope our luck lasts out for the final stages.

I am eating the recommended diet of pineapple and the not so recommended diet of choc biscuits!

Will update more when more news comes in...

So excited for you & loving the image of Barry White & the petri dishes... lol! Fingers, toes & eyes are all crossed for you, let us know as soon as you have info, and have the best-ever Easter Lovely Wales!

xxx

Wow, that's sounds fascinating and also really exciting. It's interesting hearing about it in the different stages. 13 eggs is amazing.

Not sure many people would let their MIL near them with a needle!!!

Why is pineapple recommended? Happy Easter by the way! xxx

Oh how exciting! I laughed so much at the petri dishes, dimmed lights and Barry White!!
I do think that it's much, much longer than 24 hours before you can lift anything or cook again....at least a week or two I'm sure....;)?
And....I wouldn't let my MIL anywhere near me with a needle, I'm sure she'd have filled it with arsenic!

You have been so brave, you and Mr W, going through all this, I know it's horrible. Like Katy has, I've got everything crossed for the next stage for you both, have a Happy Easter break - perfect timing don't you think for those little eggs and sperm? Big (gentle) hug and love, Bess. x

Well looks like Barry White worked his magic. They had actually collected 17 eggs of which 13 have fertillised :eek: They will monitor them over the next couple of days as they don't know yet the quality.

We are booked in for transfer on Sunday at 10am, however they may decide to take them to day 5 stage if some of them develop really well, so that would be Tuesday.

I am so grateful for treatment working so well so far, and for the bank holiday weekend meaning I can laze around without guilt.

And I don't know why pineappple, but am enjoying as it is delish!!

Happy Easter Y'all
xxx

Wow Wales! How many of them will they put back? And can you save the rest? Enjoy the break and the pineapple! xx

They will put back max 2 and we want to freeze any others that are suitable and strong enough to freeze!!!

Exciting, sooo exciting, and as Bess says, so perfect for Easter! Big hugs Wales, you clever thing... lots of good wishes being sent to you!

xxx

That's great news hun - well done both of you!!! xxx

Great News, fingers crossed for you both!
Hope you're enjoying your Easter weekend!
Have a great week

xx

Thanks all, I can't thank you all on your messages which is strange, but THANKS x

Transfer went ok, was a bit traumatic as you need a full bladder and we were seen over an hour late. So had to keep nipping to loo to let a little out and then fill up again. Mind you the nurse and doctor commended me on my very full bladder which made it an easier process...

Had 2 transferred and now am waiting until test date, next week. Feel knackered, bloated to heck (jeans won't go anywhere near my belly), just resting up with gentle walks every now and again and eating well. Still on daily injections in bum from MIL and one in tummy by me. Follow up blood test tomorrow to check for signs of over stimulation, but I think I am fine with that. Plus an acupuncture apt, then home to relax as it is my last day off work. Poo.

Am sad as we had nothing good enough to freeze which is very disappointing. I know I am very lucky to have 2 transferred, but I am girl who loves to have a plan B.

Am around and lurking at the moment. But won't be posting on this thread until well and truly after test date. I know whatever happens it is going to be emotional. But I can feel your positive wishes, thoughts and vibes :D

Hope everyone had a fabby Easter xxx

Wales Im so so pleased for you and have got everything in the world crossed for you that you get a positive test result next week.

You keep putting those feet up for the next week and be waited on hand and foot to keep those nice little embryos snuggled in and growing.

Look forward to hearing news next week.

GOOD LUCK
xxx

I hope you can Wales, because I am sending them in bucket loads. Keep in touch when you can, with love, Bess. xxxx

Sending every good wish possible, thinking of you and hoping the outcome will be good. Keep smiling Wales and know that you are doing everything possible to make this happen... big hugs.

xxx

Oooh go missing for a few weeks and look what I miss... lol

All the luck in the World Wales, fingers and toes etc crossed for next week......

Sending you lots of love and hugs hun. All the best and relax until next week xxx

Just thinking of you and sending my love, xx

Back