Wales Daily Diary...

He he, I did get a needle in the top of my head - more likely to tune into the radio than turn off the signals! Also had usual needles in my legs, wrists and tummy but at this stage of my cycle also have moxa burning to warm me up. Very calming and relaxing even though it is like being on fire!

Previously she did give me the pressure point balls for overeating which go in your ears, but they didn't work for me at that stage. May try them again in the future.

Dinner was good, soup with some grated parmesan and black pepper which made it totally yum. Plus wholemeal pitta with some ham and a small sprinkle of grated cheese (and I mean small for a reformed cheese-a-holic). I bought those toaster pocket things so had it toasted and it was heavenly. Little bit of dairy milk just now with a cup of tea, but delicious and just the right amount.

Lots of housework planned this weekend. OH is has full day shifts Sat & Sun so I will be alone at home - so think I will send washing out to the launderette and I will move the bedroom round. Also need to start planning to paint the living room - but think I will wait until I have help for that.

So pleased it is Friday tomorrow and then very nearly November. Wowzer where has the year gone...

Thanks for all your support ladies x

Wales, am SOOOO jealous of your menu (I'd trade the ham for quorn) but more importantly how relaxed and happy & calm you are with it... you're doing great hun. I once had something odd done to my ears with teeny metal balls & tape, for overeating... did not work. At all. Ah well. Hope the needle in head is more productive, do you look like a unicorn now?

xxx

Wales your food sounds delish. Know what you mean about the year - it'll be Christmas before we know it. xxx

Ok day today, porridge & cinamon: soup and salad: a few quality street: soup & half a pitta: alpen bar.

12.9 this morning which is much better than yesterday.

Am def not going back to CD, think that was just a knee jerk reaction to wanting to get a quicker fix BUT it isn't right for me. Thanks very much for advice from you all it has helped me to make this decision.

We are dog sitting for the in-laws tonight so just about to go round for the evening. Then a weekend of housework and organisation. Next week is mega busy with lots of travel with work and long days so need to get on top of things before the week starts.

Oooh in other news, I think my recyle bin is being emptied for the first time in 8 weeks, since the start of the bin strike here. Happy days if that is the case!

Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Small victory today, after having crisps and chocolate I didn't need or really want, found myself in the queue in Greggs on the pretence of getting OH a muffin. Then thinking to myself, ooh I might just have a cheese & onion pasty as I haven't had one since April. Then I thought, ooh could get some sausage rolls for OH for a snack before we go out this evening but really I think it was an excuse to get something else for me. Then, I remembered a trip to a shopping centre not long before I started CD when I did what I had to do and then stopped in at Greggs and had pretty much had the same thought process and then ate the pasty and a sausage roll and then another in the car before I set off home. And I felt crap, weak, out of control, stupid and fat. And I thought why am I in here repeating this when it made me feel so sh1t the last time. So I turned round and walked out. And felt so much better. Came home and had jacket potato with beans and a bit of cheese and a cup of tea.

Doesn't explain the 3 glasses of wine, curry and chocolate I had last night, but another pointless excess avoided. And I feel good about that.

Well done Wales... small victories win the war.

xxx

I think that's a really big step forward to Wales. To all of us who know how hard it is to a) walk away from food and b) walk away from the same mistakes that we've made in the past, it's a big deal.

There's always an argument going on in the head and you won out!!!

The problem with places like Greggs is the smells! Half the time after you eaten you end up feeling like crap anyway. I had wine last night, but was quite pleased that I stopped after about 3 glasses and I bought a choc orange and didn't eat it all.

To other people it might not seem like much, but anyone whose every struggled knows that it's a step forward :)

Oh, happy Halloween as well!

Great going Wales. Learning to change how we deal with things, no matter at what point it happens is so important. x

Well done Wales... small victories win the war.

xxx
Actually that wasn't one of your funny quotes but I like that. There's another cool one that I can never remember but it's something like it's not the final hit that splits the wood, it's all of it combined. Oh dear, that sounds even worse than my normal way of explaining things.

Thanks ladies, tell you what I am getting good at resisting in shops. Found myself three times today in the sweetie aisle of shops and walked away each time. Yay! However the tuna melt wasn't on the plan for today but better than a choc bar. Must go OH just got out of work and I am in car picking him up, duty calls x

Tuna melt - my fav.
Nearly stopped at Little Chef today for one :)
Instead had some of my home made quiche. It was okay (the middle was lovely, but the wholewheat crust not so nice) Think next time I'll just make a normal crust, as the centre was using cottage cheese and quark, so pretty healthy anyway.
Might also just put crust on the bottom and not on the sides and then it's even better!

Yay - "nearly stopped", we are all so good ;)

Good idea about not having patry at the side and as long as the filling is thick enough it will hold fine. Pleased it tasted good.

12.12 this morning - ouch. Monday is the start of a new week so onwards and upwards...

Break - Special K
Lunch - Work salad box, with potato salad. Yoghurt with raspberries.
Snack -Apple
Tea - Asda microwave in a bag chicken chowmein (nicer than it sounds and about 350 cals). WW french set yoghurt

Plus a couple of lattes with skimmed milk as we were at a different work site today. Which is why I couldn't have the soup I had taken in for lunch as they don't have a microwave.

Am travelling with work tomorrow and Wednesday so will have to have salads or canteen soup as won't be able to cater for myself.

'Thinking' about joining SW, bought their magazine at the weekend and read through it and liked quite a lot of the receipes. I did it about 6 years ago and lost about 2st, I was actually heavier then than when I started CD. My doubts about SW are that there are free foods that you can fill up on which I know isn't good for me as I need to control my portion sizes whether it is veg, chocolate, alcohol etc. But it might give me some focus and structure as it gets closer to the hospital appt and to treatment.

Since being on CD I know that I have changed some patterns of bad behaviour, but I still have many left which is why I am up by about 7lbs or so. I know I can't go back to CD, but I feel like I need something structured to see me through. There is a meeting in the next village on Thursday, haven't decided 100% whether I am going to go, but I might pop along as see what they have to say.

Hope everyone is doing well, happy Monday to all x

Good luck with whatever you decide, but keep posting hun no matter what! You're doing great and sounding loads more positive.

xxx

Thanks Katy, I feel more positive. Made some good decisions and some poor decisions this weekend, but made it through none the less.

Funny what little things can change your perception but when I was at a different site today the ladies toilet had a full length large mirror on the wall. And I looked smaller than I have felt myself to be in a long time. Which was a great feeling and gave me a real good boost! It good to remember where I came from and where I am now...

Oh Wales, just look at your piccy, you are a dinky little thing! That skinny gal is YOU. Hugs.

xxx

Know exactly what you mean about something like SW. My time with CD is over now, especially with my teeth situation. It's hard to get that focus still though.
Think I'll stick with Weight Loss resources.
Sounds to me like you've come a long way since starting and you are small :) Here's to hoping we both find the next good thing!

Morning weight 12.8
Morning waist measurement 34.5"

Am pleased with both, and the horrendous bloating I have had is going, that's 1.5" off the inflated waist measurement and getting back to where it was. (How is yours going Liz??)

I always used to wonder why thinner people went on about bloating, I used to think that's not bloating - look at my tummy - that is bloating. But no, mine was majority fat ;)

Decided to add linseed to breakfast to try and get things moving, as that seems a little sluggish lately so not helping with the problem above. Just need to ensure I drink enough water so I don't swell up even more...

Break - porridge, linseed, cinamon & 1/2 banana
Lunch - salad or sandwich whilst out travelling?
Dinner - soup & turkey
Snack - 1/2 banana, apple & any other fruit I can grab on the go

It is amazing how much better I feel even after closely regulating my eating for just one day. Planning on another closely monitored day, get through that, and continue for the rest of the week.

Off to update the challenge thread as even though I started it I haven't posted anything yet! So I make it 4 weeks until my apt so that is the remainder of the challenge for me.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Morning Wales
Happy Tuesday......... Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and I hope you have another great day today...... I know what you mean about that bloated feeling..... I hate getting that now..
Linseed is a good idea..
Have a good one hon xx

Back