Wales Daily Diary...

What a lovely post Bess, very lyrical!
God knows what the plan was with the crab stick...i do feed her, honestly!
Fancied a change with me profile picci.....will be wearing slightly more clothing tonight as its hammering down here.
Enjoy the vegetables, they sound yum x

Yup, the veg sounds great & I am a new cous cous convert too... you're doing great, Wales!

Bess, LOVE the teeth story and also the fairies. We have a magic bit in our garden, where a spring comes out of this rough bit of cliffy-hillside, so, water dripping down the rockface and a tiny stream that feeds down to pond. Quite overgrown, but some hawthorn trees and again, primroses in spring. My daughter was convinced that fairies lived there, and used to leave them letters, and presents. They replied and she still has the letters, tiny & edged in gold & rolled & tied with silver thread. She has recently been seen comparing their handwriting with mine, how strange. Once, when she was 7, they left a fairy dress for her, made of silver fabric cut in petal shapes for skirt, with tiny bells on, hanging from a tree. Later, daughter decreed the fairies had gone & now lived in her piano, from whence they finally vanished when she was 13 and fell in love with a long-fringed drummer instead. Ahhh...

Has anyone ever seen the film FairyTale? Love, love, love it!

xxx

No I haven't seen the film, thinking I might need to?
Such lovely things other people have at the bottom of their gardens..I have neighbours who are always falling out, swearing and having the police called to them to sort out their relationship! Thank god I don't work where I live-that could be uncomfortable lol!
Especially when I hear them effing and jeffing and my daughter in the garden..............grrrrrr! x

Yup, the veg sounds great & I am a new cous cous convert too... you're doing great, Wales!

Bess, LOVE the teeth story and also the fairies. We have a magic bit in our garden, where a spring comes out of this rough bit of cliffy-hillside, so, water dripping down the rockface and a tiny stream that feeds down to pond. Quite overgrown, but some hawthorn trees and again, primroses in spring. My daughter was convinced that fairies lived there, and used to leave them letters, and presents. They replied and she still has the letters, tiny & edged in gold & rolled & tied with silver thread. She has recently been seen comparing their handwriting with mine, how strange. Once, when she was 7, they left a fairy dress for her, made of silver fabric cut in petal shapes for skirt, with tiny bells on, hanging from a tree. Later, daughter decreed the fairies had gone & now lived in her piano, from whence they finally vanished when she was 13 and fell in love with a long-fringed drummer instead. Ahhh...

xxx

Yes!!! I really LOVE the film too. You are so very very very lucky Katy having natural water in your garden, I really would love to have some. Just a trickle which I would form into a little rill with tiny pools. One of the most practical men I know once found a water pipe here by dowsing and showed me how, so armed with 2 bent coat hangers I had a go.... There are loads of springs around here marked on the OS map, but none very near the house. So, off I went and tried a patch in the orchard where we have a 'winter spring'.
Great, the coathangers crossed wildly. ()I had tested them in the yard where I knew there was a water pipe.) So, dear HB started digging.....and digging....and digging.... at about 5 feet we gave up and filled it in again, but the odd thing was, that the line at which the coathangers crossed, was straight as a die....across the orchard, through the garden, across the house field to the bottom of the hill. Then UP THE OTHER SIDE OF THE VALLEY????? and into the wood.????!!????
What's all that about then Ley lines? Anyone know?
So, we gave up on that but have a well which is fed by a spring in the field at the back of the house, across the orchard. So one day we broke into the well with a hose pipe, lots of water, but in the morning we found we had run the well dry. :( So no go there either.
Now, I have a 'pond' in an old copper and a half barrel with 3 fish in and that's it. There is a marshy bit in the field by the house which we could have dug out to make a pond, but there's the danger aspect with children, the snake aspect, ugh! and it still isn't the little rill I would so love to have.

No I haven't seen the film, thinking I might need to?
Such lovely things other people have at the bottom of their gardens..I have neighbours who are always falling out, swearing and having the police called to them to sort out their relationship! Thank god I don't work where I live-that could be uncomfortable lol!
Especially when I hear them effing and jeffing and my daughter in the garden..............grrrrrr! x

Yes Sleepy, you really need to, it's wonderful.

where a spring comes out of this rough bit of cliffy-hillside, so, water dripping down the rockface and a tiny stream that feeds down to pond. Quite overgrown, but some hawthorn trees and again, primroses in spring. My daughter was convinced that fairies lived there, and used to leave them letters, and presents. They replied and she still has the letters, tiny & edged in gold & rolled & tied with silver thread. She has recently been seen comparing their handwriting with mine, how strange. Once, when she was 7, they left a fairy dress for her, made of silver fabric cut in petal shapes for skirt, with tiny bells on, hanging from a tree. Later, daughter decreed the fairies had gone & now lived in her piano, from whence they finally vanished when she was 13 and fell in love with a long-fringed drummer instead. Ahhh...

xxx

What wonderful fairies you have in Scotland Katy, your lucky children have a lovely Mum.xx

a lovely Mum.

Or a mad one, lol.

You are so very very very lucky Katy having natural water in your garden

This made me laugh... we were practically underwater, this summer. (And always, in winter!). So marshy... I love the idea of you making rills... come and make some here, there is plenty of water to share! We had a willow weaving pal weave a 'fedge' around the pond when kids were wee, then dug it out later when they were old enough not to fall in. Shortly after, an elderly lady, very tipsy at a summer party here, tried to join in a kid's footy game & ended up in the pond! I was terrified, but she rose up covered in duckweed, waded out and carried on playing...

Snakes... do they like marshy places, then? We had an adder here on the bank when we first moved in, but it soon scarpered, think we were too noisy for it.

Sleepy, how bugging with the sweary neighbours. Come and live here instead, only sheep hacking at midnight and cattle barging into the fencing every year or two.

Can I ask you a research question? Seriously? Can a chicken get an asbo?

xxx

PS: Wales, sorry, we have got a little bit side-tracked again....

An asbo? What's it doing Katy?
I'd like to get an asbo when I'm about 80.
What do I have to do Sleepy? Come on, give me some options and I'll choose one.....Could I spit in the street? Grab and fondle a good looking policeman? Pee in the gutter? I've been law abiding all my life, be fun to be bad when I'm old!

Loving the fairies theme, must try it....knowing my luck i'll probably step in the neighbours cat poo, which they insist on leaving for me at the bottom of the garden. Do house fairies exist!?
Doing well Wales, i'm impressed with your control over 'treats'. Must make you feel good to know that your choices are getting more 'natural'. I know i still have to really force myself not to be naughty. xx

My local "events" at the bottom of the garden are more on a par with Sleepy, I have a natural water effect in my back garden which is more down to subsidence and the house being built on previous marsh land and close to old mining pits. Our village name has the word water in it, and despite my in-laws having lived here for years it really did suprise me after we moved in that the village flooded. I am *that* stoopid that with a river, a canal and 3 lakes and water in the village name I didn't consider the obvious! But we are more likely to flood from poor (previous) maintenance or lack of it to the house. I am convinced that the kitchen was flooded not long before we moved in - the dishwasher they left was gross with dirty water, when we removed the plinths from the bottom of the cupboards - well I haven't smelt anything so bad. It took a lot of cleaning to get rid of the smell and even though everyone tells me it doesn't smell, I can still smell it. That is why I am not really in love with my kitchen, even though it is big and has what should be a great kitchen in there etc :( Sorry a little off track there.

I think you mums with tales of faries are terrific, those are the magical memories of childhood. My nana knew the girls who had the photos of faries at the bottom of the garden in Bradford and, wow that will be nearly 100 years ago! I'm not going to say that it was a story, no sir!

Saturday morning, had very early night last night and a lie (for me) in this morning. 12.10 this morning, but ok with that.

This week has been a little easier as I have decided to bring in a 6pm Sat to 6pm Sunday no real food rules. So if I want to have a glass of wine, or some pasta or a proper pud (not a diet yog etc) I can. And it seems to have helped this week. I didn't even give wine a thought last night, no grump with OH this week! OH is off to work in 5 mins for the whole day so I am putting more stuff on Ebay, making carrot & lentil soup, cleaning the kitchen floor, washing and ironing and enjoying the clear and bright sky before the heavens open later on. But first I have the last episode of Collison on tape from last night. Noooooooo - just checked it and it says clashed and didn't record - nooooooo, there was nothing else recording. Will go and check of itv i player or something. How disappointing!

On another control note, I haven't bought anything for me so far since last payday and I have another week to go before the next. I have spent sooo much money lately, some on stuff I need - clothes that fit etc, but also on things I say I need but really don't. So this was a challenge to me, and so far I have resisted. Next month there is car tax and MOT - eek.

Hope everyone has a great day x

Well done Wales! The offplan day sounds like bliss, I have odd offplan days for various reasons, but they often lead to more, un-needed ones, wonder if scheduling it in would make that less likely? Anyway roll on 6 o clock for you hun! The storm has hit here, feel like we are in the middle of a cloud, even the dog is refusing to go out for a pee... bleughhh. Another snuggle up day I suspect. Imagine knowing someone who knew someone who knew the fairies! Will tell my daughter.

Bess, the chicken is fictional, sounds odd but will explain all one day if we ever all meet up... meanwhile, could pick your brains too for tales of dysfunctional chickens!

Butterfly, you are part-fairy yourself with those wings... awww!

Have a fab Saturday Wales!

xxx

My nana knew the girls who had the photos of faries at the bottom of the garden in Bradford and, wow that will be nearly 100 years ago! I'm not going to say that it was a story, no sir!

This is the basis of 'The Fairytale' film, have you seen it Wales? It's just lovely, I might watch it again tonight. :)

No I haven't seen the film, I should though!

We need it on DVD, only have it on vid & no longer have a vid player. daughter has added it to her Xmas list!

xxx

I want to watch that film, not go to work in the wind and rain.
32 year old tantrum coming on.......................waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Cheers Katy, if only i could fly over the cat poo I'd be laughing!

Love the sound of that film, remember it coming out but OH wouldn't be having that girly stuff. I have gone girly since having a child and even love pink! (which i hated for years). On my Santa list methinks. xx

Go for it Butterfly, your daughter may be too young for it now but by the time she's 6 or 7 she will adore it... so you're just planning ahead, really! Wonder if Amazon will notice a run on Fairytale DVDs this Xmas? Lol!

Sleepy, hope you are home now, maybe you can snuggle down later with the fairies...

xxx

Morning my fairy friends. 12.10 this morning, but am thinking I need new scales as they showed 12.9, 12.10 & 12.11 - so I went down the middle!

Yesterday was ok, enjoyed supper which was pasta and meatballs, which I ate in a cereal bowl and had about a 1/3 size of OHs portion, which before I would've matched (or beaten) and no seconds. There was a little garlic bread too but just enough and I enjoyed it. Few glasses of wine and some dairy milk, but feel ok as it is in the allowed time and I didn't go OTT. I also stopped drinking wine, when usually I would drain all bottles. So ate what I call treat food, but not to the end of the end, if you know what I mean.

Early breakfast today of weetabix, and OH and I will have brunch before he goes to work, but he is not back until 8pm so I will probably have some soup for my supper.

Did most of my jobs yesterday, but have still bits to load onto ebay today. Plus, want to get out for a walk before the weather turns, plus want to take a look at a yoga dvd I have, and as we cleared out the little bedroom last weekend to make space for me I need to use it.

Plus of course ironing in prep for the week, oh joyful Sunday. Hope everyone has a great day x

Ah, but think of the cals that ironing will burn...

Love the idea of 'allowed' treat time, think this might work for me, as long as it is a narrow window of opportunity... and doesn't start until next Sat evening! Thanks Wales, and glad it is working for you. Have a brilliant day.

xxx

Back