Walking Holiday

mrsblobby38

Silver Member
Ok so I went on the exante diet to lose 2 stone before my backpacking holiday in the outer hebrides (scottish isles ) and I did that in 5 weeks I am overjoyed :D it is the only diet I have ever stuck to, I bought 8 weeks supply of exante so I am going to chip away at the last stone with a low carb healthy eating plan. The thing is I am about to walk 120 miles in 8 days and I am thinking about what I should eat ?? any suggestions, I am hoping to lose several pounds that week if I eat right but dont want to run out of steam xx

You need to stay relatively low carb. But you also need some fuel for your body. That is a lot of walking! I know when I low carb, I often get crampy legs.

I would say that as long as you eat pretty healthily you could not fail to lose weight during your hols. I think you will do great!

Well done on your fab weight loss so far!xxx

Wow, thats some walking!! :eek:

I will have the same issue as you later this year as I have signed upto a Three Peaks Challenge and they recommend a carb-fest two days before you go!!! :eek::break_diet:

I am not entirely sure what I will be doing this but I can tell you what I did last year in Germany.

I had been on CD for 12weeks on their SS which is the same as our Total Solution. When I went to Germany which is usually a carb fest for me - I had my normal number of shakes/bars + a meal at night. I also had one day of binging where I ate literally everything in sight. Amazinly I managed to stay the same AND stay in Ketosis!! HOWEVER please note everyone is different and some people have to only have one meal to come out of ketosis. However the longer you have been on the diet, the deeper into ketosis you will be. You also have the advantage of two weeks (is that right? I am going from your signature) to start re-feeding. I would do the working solution for two weeks and then when you go away maybe follow the simple solution which is 1200Kcals. Im not sure how this will effect gain of glycogen, water, but its the best damage limitation I can think of. The two weeks before should help stabilise.

Goodluck!!

Back