Wanna Bee's - TEAM 8

Me!

Yey!
Thanks team! - you all seem really supportive of each other which is great!

I had an email back of my counsellor tonight so im going to start on monday which is exciting! She is really flexible with weigh in days and times and she is going to come to my house which is great as i work stupid shifts! (im currently sat at work with approx 13hours left of my night shift!....come on 8am!!) But then 4 days off so cant moan too much!

When is your first weigh in tattymoo? How have you found the first week?? any tips?

Well Done Shanny! your are my Thin-speration!!Good luck with your maintainence!

Hi Ali - hmmm not sure if ive ever been classed as slim? but i suppose compared to clare's starting weight i was smaller.

INFO ABOUT ME:
Im 27 and live with my boyfriend who i have been with for about 18 months.

I work for the local Fire & Rescue service answering 999 calls which means i work a shift rota system - 2x ten hour days and 2x fourteen hour nights then off for 4 days every week.

My identical twin sister is Claremary and we are pretty close - she currently lives about 5 doors away from me!! When Clare started this diet last time i also started it and lasted 1 week!!!! so my biggest goal for the short term is lasting a whole week!! eeeeekkkk!

Turning Point:
My friend posted a photo of me on facebook yesterday from the weekend! (i will put it on here as soon as im allowed????)

GOALS:
SHORT TERM:
*Last 1 week
*Lose 1 stone
*Girlie Christmas Meal - 11th December
*Christmas in Wales
*OH birthday 11th Jan 2010
LONG TERM:
*Thailand for 3 weeks August 2010 (smaller clothes required to stuff in backpack!)
*Bridesmaid for best friends wedding September 18th 2010!

Well thats pretty much everything! Sorry if you fell asleep reading this! opps!

Katy :) X

Katy, you have a lot of things to look forward to, that should keep you motivated. I'm nearing the end of day 4 now and feeling pretty good. Still got my icecream to have (saved it for Corrie). Its just a choc tetra which I put in the freezer but makes me feel like I'm being naughty :p I think the trick is to drink lots and lots of water, makes you feel more full and apparently helps to increase the weight loss too.
I dont think I introduced myself to the team properly really so here's a bit about me.
I'm Jools and I'm 32, I'm married to Chris and we have 2 daughters. The eldest is just over 2 years old and the youngest is 14 weeks old. I was in the RAF until last year but left to stay at home with the kids for a bit. I planned to return to work when the kids were in school/nursery but my youngest has just been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy and we dont know how much she will or wont be able to do as yet so the plan for now is for me to be home with her.
I have 5 stone to lose and have tried eating healthily, exercise etc but unless I am given a VERY strict diet I end up just veering off and binging on rubbish.
Sorry thats so long!
Good luck on starting on Monday lowela :D

Thanks Jools - im really looking forward to next year - although its going to be a very busy one - we have already been invited to 5 weddings too!

I love the idea of the choc tetra in the freezer!! Im not going to have any soups i really hated them when i did cambridge for my record breaking 7 days last time!! Which shakes are the nicest?

Congratulations on your two gorgeous girls they are beautiful - you must be very proud.

OMG just watching that programme about the girl who had acid thrown on her face......its awful! poor thing! It makes my weight loss journey seem so trivial!

Good luck for day 5!

Hi lowela just a few days until you start:)

Are you going to be doing ss? when I started I went straight in cold turkey from normal eating. I have since found out it's easier to stick to in the first week if you lower your carbs the week before. I dont know much about it but it sounds like a good idea.
Clare i hope you enjoyed the concert to me concerts always mean smirnoff ice just a silly habit I seem to have got into:)

Jools you are doing well i am sure you'll blitz the 5 stone . I'm off to bed now nite. Ali x

Hi Bees :)
Day 5 in the Big Mother house and Mummy Bear is feeling very very good :D Baby bears have had their breakfast and are in happy moods! :)
lowela, I have a couple of the soups as I quite like them (chicken & mushroom and the oriental chilli). Shakes wise I like most of them but my favs are chocolate and strawberry. I think what FatnSad has said about dropping carbs in the week before you start is a good idea. I stuffed myself silly last week because I knew I was starting on Monday :eek: and the transition was a bit hard but I'm doing it :) I actually put on 2lbs over the weekend which was after my first weigh in so whatever I have lost on weigh in on Monday, I will know its actually 2lbs more ;)
Hope you have a good day girls, what you all up to? xx

Its lunchtime and I have just realised I havent had any of my shakes yet, only water! I'm not even hungry :D Going to have a shake now then get the kids ready to go out shopping.
Hope you're all feeling good today :)

Happy Halloween Bees :)

Have a good day xxx

Where is everyone? I'm all alone :wave_cry:

Goodmorning Bees!

BIG DAY for me tomoro! I cant wait to get started! I have my first meeting tonight with my councellor - all ready for tomoro!

Im going to go to the shop after work and get myself lots of bottles of water etc!

hope you all have a good day today!

Good luck lowela xxx

I have my first weigh in tomorrow night! I'm always a couple of pounds heavier in the evening after drinking so much all day though so I'm wondering if I should stop drinking water at a certain time tomorrow or not? My weigh in is at 6:30pm

Hey Bees...

Im back after an eventful couple of nights... Thursday night concert was amazing!.. and i have never jumped around so much!... (must of been in negative cals!!! ha!) then the concert on Friday night was brill but a little more chilled out... then last night was Lees birthday meal out... which all went smoothly... im still in Ketosis.. and have also eaten a few times.. but had good choices and no carbs! :) still dont think there will a loss on Tuesdays weigh in... but im also confident that there wont be a 6lbs gain like last time :(

One bad thing to come out of all this fun is i am now in bed.. :( i have been to the doctors today (we have a walk in clinic close by) and i have phlanregitis.. (dont know how to spell it!)... basically i have almost completely lost my voice and i have a throat infection in the top area of my throat!... think what brought it on was shouting on Thursday night at the lively concert.. and just triggered it off.. maybe i was run down anyway :(... so feeling poop :(

Buttttt.... GOOD LUCK for all your weigh ins this week :)

Jools i always stop with the water glugging at about 3 in the afternoon, and i get weighed at a similar time, always has helped me get a relistic weigh in.

xxx

Glad you had a fab weekend Clare :D

I have stuck to this diet religiously all week so I better have lost a good amount of weight tomorrow. Its TOTM though so I'm feeling really bloated, hope that doesnt affect things too much x

Where has everyone gone? Its far too quiet around here :wave_cry: I hope you all have a good day, will post my weigh in later x

Hi all. Glad you had a good weekend Clare and sorry about the pharyingitis,i'd say def not helped by all the concert excitement:sigh: but hopefully worth it:)

Good luck with your weigh in tattymoo. Hope all goes well with your start today lowela will be thinking of you just stick it out and you'll be into the swing of things in no time:)

I've been really good this week:angel:

It's gone really cold here my hands went dead last night when i was putting the chooks to bed. Time to look out the gloves hats and scarves me thinks.

I'll be back on later to see how you all doing just off to polish my halo:rolleyes: Ali x

Good on you for being good Ali, when is your next weigh in?

Wonder how lowela is getting on on her first day?

My next weigh in is wed :crossed fingers: for good result. I know my only downfall is not drinking enough water every day I get up and promise it will be different but I always fail. I am having enough but know i could do so much better.

I hope lowela is ok I reckon days 2-4ish were the worst for me. I found the first day my body could cope then after i ran out of stored energy but before ketosis kicked in were hell. This diet is definitely about mental strength. I am finding it tough as i have a lot of very stressful things going on in my life at the minute (hence the weight gain in the first place)

I think if I can control the food I do or rather dont put in my mouth at least I can control one aspect of my life. The rest is in the lap of the gods:rolleyes:

I hate water too, before this diet I never drank water at all but am managing to get between 3 and 4 litres a day into me. I really hope I have lost at least 6lbs tonight, I will be a bit gutted if its less xx

Hi Team!!
Thanks for all your thoughts today! I woke up very positive and have had a busy day planned so hunger hasnt really hit me untill now. Just having a brew to try and fill my tummy. I think the hardest thing is the routine that will be different - normally at this time im in the kitchen cooking mine and my OT tea for when he gets home from work - i feel a bit lost??

Im back to work tomoro and not looking forward to being hungry at my desk - esp if its quiet! If i can busy myself i dont think about it!

Got a party on sat night and would LOVE to have lost a few pounds for that so very focused!!!! First weigh in a week today!! eeeeeekkkkk!!

GOODLUCK TATTY MOO! cant wait to see how much you have lost!!

Im really worried that my breath smells.....any tips?

Back