Wannabe SkinnyMins

Kerry I have just read over your food diary, maybe you could try and cut out bread (I know it's not the slimming world way!) but I know that I gain weight so much easier once I eat bread, so I just try not to eat it now...I eat ryvita, crackers or oat cakes instead if feel like bread, but its surprisingly easy to do. Obviously I dont know how bread affects you, but maybe something to think about? The only other thing is the superfree, but like you said its so expensive!!! Frozen vegetables? Go to a supermarket at the end of the day and buy when reduced?

To be honest though I can't see that your food diary highlit any major problems...maybe it was just from Saturday and the gain may just come off immediately (if you get what I mean?)

We will keep trying though! We will ALL get there! And this year too lol!!! :D:D:D

Yesterday was good other than the fact that I ate a whole pot if bolognese sauce (jar of sauce 8 syns). Hoping to be a bit more controlled with portion sizes today.

At the park with the wee one just now so will let her run around forbade bit then pop her in the buggy & go for a serious walk. Got water & my ipod so ready to rock.

Meals for today in my food diary but not sure what to have for dinner. Having a green day. Rice for breakfast eggs for lunch. Won't be home til after 7 so need a quick dinner. Probably go for noodles or pasta n sauce

Have a good day

Thanks Hannah. I tried cutting out bread last year and it didn't really make a huge difference. I'm now hoping the gain was due to my totm & Saturday combined. I can't eat frozen fruit or veg, it makes my stomach turn. It always tastes soggy & waterlogged. Yuk! Got to eat more salad maybe, just such a phaff sorting it all. I'm lazy lol.

Enjoyed my walk this morning, took me about 40 mins of solid walking at a decent pace. Now all I can think of is ice cream.

Well done on the walk! NO ICE CREAM!!!! Have some delicous strawberries with total 0% yogurt, even add a meringue as they are pretty low in syns (2.5 i want to say but dont quote me!)

LOL no chance of ice cream. I have to do school pick up (by car) then straight back to work to do homework & sort dinner for the kids. Doesnt stop me thinking though

hiya

I went to class this morning I lost 2lb wooohoooooooooooo am so pleased cant believe it, am hoping its not just because I went to a morning class as I usually go at 5.30 lol

went to the zoo today and oh my its all up hill very tiring lol then went out for dinner had cheese, tomato, veg, chicken and chips was gorg

welldone kerry on the exercise, water and no ice cream

Hannah I agree I think it helps when I dont eat bread I dont get as bloated x

thanks guys, no idea how I done it lol but hopefully I dont mess up this week have alot going on friend going to oz so out for lunch today but am planning on salad or veg soup

then out for dinner tomorrow night but am planning like chicken and veg or something

then gary is taking me out on sat for my birthday so hopefully I will make wise chioces again, am also going to try and eat speed foods as much as possible to try and keep on track lol just feels like there is so much this week that am bound to put on

what are ur guys plans for this week

Some weeks are just like that. Just make sensible choices.

The wee girl I look after is being christened this weekend so got that hurdle as my boss is doing a hot buffet. Also going to visit a friend who had a baby last week. No other plans that I can think of

I guess its just part of life and these obsticles were sent to try us! Just do the best you possibly can!

I should have nothing stopping me! Haha! Lets hope Im talking the truth!

Today is going ok...no fruit or veg so far but should stop up on kiwi and pineapple when I get home and veg for dinner! Had 2 alpen light bars for breakfast after gym (which was a rubbish workout!) and a JP with cheese and beans for lunch. So Alpen hxB, cheese hxA, JP and beans free, but being naughty on the superfree and will make up for it straight after work!!

well we went out for lunch and I had a chicken salad, it usually comes with wheaten but I asked them not to give me any just cause its like 3.5 syns per slice, so there was lettuce, tomato, pepper, sweetcorn, chicken, cucomber and coleslaw (only ate a bit 3 syns)

dinner will be meat potatoes and veg

asked my friend if we could just go for a cuppa tomorrow night so going to starbucks any ideas on low syn buns I could have ?

Frapuccino Mocha Blended Coffee, Light, 1 tall 6 syns

http://assets.starbucks.co.uk/assets/nutritional-information-090611.pdf

I'd advise any of the starbucks petites (7.5-15 syns it varies)...Marshmallow twizzle (7 syns), butter croissant (14 syns), pain au chocolat (15 syns), condiment Honey granola maple (5.5 syns dont know what it is though!), condiment mango compot (3 syns), condiment honey and maple sauce (6 syns), condiment very berry compot (3 syns have a feeling the condiment thingys are yogurt???), creamy natural yogurt (6.5 syns...maybe you have to have a condiment thingy with the yogurt??), Fruit salad (free as long as its fresh, if not max 5 syns), banana (free), Shortbread (4 syns), Almond biscotti (8.5 syns), Caramel waffle (8.5 syns really?!?!), Ginger snaps (6.5 syns), Fruit and oat cookie (11 syns), Dolectto al Cacao (7.5 syns dont even know what this is!), Fairtrade choc bars (13 syns), Fruit and nut bars (12 syns), Starbucks gold coins (6 syns), Lollipop (2.5 syns) and crisps (12 syns).

There you go everything on the menu under 15 syns :)

Think of it as a birthday present :D

Hmmm...haven't had any superfree today oops! Had chicken, bacon and cheese for dinner lol oops!

thanks Hannah thats great, Think am going to go for a cup of tea and a fruit and oat cookie yum yum

am going to try and eat as much super free food and speed food as possible lol

breakfast - beans, grapefruit
snack - melon and cherries with yoghurt
Lunch - ham, lettuce, tomato, celery, cucomber, 1 x cheese tri (extra light), 2 x ryvita (hex b ) apple and orange
snack - starbucks and whatever I get
Dinner - fish curry - tomatoes, cod, mushrooms, peas, onion, rice, 1 x tea spoon pataks curry paste - 1 syn

so if I get the cookie at starbucks I will have had 12 syns in total today, :)

also going to aim to drink 2 ltrs of water in work :)

whats everyone else plans for today

I'm having such a bad day. I'm stressed to the point that I start to cry through sheer frustration. My son is driving me demented. I ate 5 slices of toast at lunchtime 2 with cheese & butter & 3 with nutella. Now I feel such a pig & am so angry with myself. I didn't even enjoy it.

Enjoy your cuppa sue, I get earl grey tea when I go there and its lovely. Syns for the biscuits seen a bit extreme though. Is that maybe for a twin pack?

lol ano kerry am thinking of maybe just bringing a curly wurly haha,

kerry that sounds awful, hope ur ok, just draw a line under that and start again was it nibble bread, just try and not have any more syns

Nope it was hovis best of both so not a hex in sight. Yeah, take a curly wurly or a penguin biscuit with you. Much safer.

5 x hovis best of both = 22.5
3 x helping of nutella = 12 syns (estimating 1tbsp per slice)
2 x butter = 5 syns
2 x marmite = free

So total syns are 39.5.

I know it might seem harsh but try deducting it from your weekly total and keep going! I find that knowing the syn value of something makes me not want to eat it again for example me eating my binge of 73 syns!!

Now keep on with the diet Kerry, but for the diet to actually work long term maybe we need to discuss your emotional connection with food. As like me, we seem to eat bad food when upset/frustrated/angry and a whole lot of other emotions! Try to concentrate you attention elsewhere when you feel like this, for example leave the house without any money and only bring some fruit with you...go for a walk to chill out then come back home with a plan to what healthy thing you are going to cook. I've done this recently with the gym and not only do you end up eating healthier but you get some exercise in too!

So please don't give up its not THAT high in syns and you may even still be under a weekly total. Keep going as one meal wont hurt your weight loss but more bad meals will!!! :D:D:D

Haha just reading the above and I sound like a therapist! I am so sorry if it sounded patronising I really didn't mean it to and I hope you get the jist of what I am trying to say!!! Hope you are ok though and maybe you should try to do a fun activity with CJ, like try and write a song together or a story and he could illustrate it??

Back