Wannabe SkinnyMins

arghh now I see that first post has posted twice too

Last edited:
Argh first post gets lost, second post gets posted twice! Grrr!

Well done Hannah, sts is acceptable after a bad week. Glad to hear you nan & dad are ok. Hope they get home soon if they are not already there.

The people downstairs are cooking bacon and the smell is torture. Dont have any bacon in the house so cant make any. Lord my mouth is watering.

Am now wondering about resetting my stats and "starting over". At the moment all i can think about is how poorly I have done this year, what I have failed to achieve (6lbs in 6 months is not an achievement, its a disgrace.) As it is very clear that i'm not goin to lose 31lbs in 4 weeks im not going to hit target on time. Quite possibly the chance to refocus on what I can achieve and aim for is better than sitting here thinking failed again. All I can think about is how badly I have done and the fact that i should be within a few lbs of target by now.I seriously need something to focus me and I dont know what it is that will work. I seem to have some sort of mental block going on here.

Ok, not sure if I'm doing right thing here. Was going to try working on a weekly syns basis instead of daily syns hoping that if do go over 15 syns i won't take an oh well I've blown it attitude.I'm also thinking of changing weigh in to a Saturday. When we go out to dinner it tends to be a Saturday so that way I would be starting with a full weeks worth of syns. I would be going out at the start of the week instead of the end of my week. I often think that a bad Saturday shows up the following week, not the next again day.

What do the 2 of you think of this? Be honest. I'm just trying to think of ways to shake myself out of the mind frame I'm in at the moment. Don't know if this is the right way to go about it so if you have any ideas please share them.

Also thinking that maybe I should reset target for Xmas. 31lbs in 6 months works out at approx 5lbs per month so I'm not setting myself up for a difficult to achieve monthly target.

Share your thoughts please

hi girls,

firstly god Hannah am sorry to hear ur news the awful but am glad they are ok, and well done on the sts could have deffo been a gain

right Kerry, Honestly i think u need to sit down and think about why u are trying to lose weight, and think about how good it felt when u had that bit of extra weight off, u need to re focus urself and start again

I think ur plan is a good one, u need to shake it up again, I no fruit and veg is dear but as u said u just spent 120 in a few days, u need to get urself out of this rut, look back a fotos, dont go down the road of oh well I have ate over my syns may as well keep going,

why dont u change weigh day to a sat, try and limit syns to 10 per day for a while and change what u are using ur syns on, try and eat really well during the day and have no syns, then have a treat every night, such as a lolly, bar of choc or pkt of crisps, tell ur hubby what is going on and tell him to help, 5lb per month is deffo do able, and u will get there before xmas , try having ur syns weekly and see what happens,

i also think u need to sit down and come up with some diff food to eat and mix it up a bit :), but dont worry we can do this :)

well hen weekend over and all I done was eat and drink crap lol friday we were drinking from 7am and had a full english for lunch and spag carbara for dinner, with cocktails and lots of soco lol

sat got up and had a tuna melt panini and chips for breakfast/lunch withhalf a bottle of wkd, then went to the cinema to see bridemaids and have a medium popcorn which i made a good dent in, dinner was salmon, herb potatoes and salad and 2 slices of garlic bread pizza with two strawberry daquiries, also had 2 platters between 11 of us so had some chicken wings, loaded potato and breadsticks, then went out and had 4 soco lol to much

today we were coming home and had a burger king in the airport, got home and weigh myself straight away and I have GAINED 6LB IN 3 DAYS :(, so am back on track had some lean mince, tomatoes, onion, chilli, ginger, peas and spag for dinner

also going to go to asda tomorrow as am off work and going to get as much fruit and veg that I can carry, am hoping most of the 6lb is bloating and will go away, dunno if am going to go to class on tues lol, but honestly eating and drinking all that crap I feel awful I miss the fruit and good feeling lol how sad

well think this is the longest post ever, haha happy reading

God sue, your weekend sounds as bad as mine lol. At least I enjoyed my blowout. Where did you go?

I am guilty of eating the same stuff over & over. Partly coz I'm lazy partly coz I'm guilty of finding something I enjoy & eating it until I never want to see it again. I'm also very fussy when it comes to food.

Don't think I use too many syns on crap, its mostly on bread. I will try swapping bread for ryvita and save my syns for ice cream or a smoothie. It's so hot just now that that's what I want. Had 15 syns today (toast, pesto & sugar in coffee) but will try to stick to 10 for the rest of the week.

Am going shopping tomorrow and will try to vary some of my meals. Going to be lots of egg rice & pasta though as its cheaper to do a green week with.the odd ee day thrown in. Will try some pasta salad, vegetable rice and salads. Fruit will have to be whatever is on offer when I get there. Will also try to have something other than bread & cereal bars for my hex b.

I want to lose weight because I hate the way I look. I refuse to print photos of me that show any more than head & shoulders.

I can't remember how it feels to feel happy about the way I look. My hubby is no help. He tells me I look like a beached whale on a regular basis. That has gone on for so long I can't actually remember when it started. He doesn't believe sw works coz I seem to eat whatever I want and when I do mention that I lost weight (nearly a stone between new year & when we moved in February) at the time his comments were long the line of it doesn't show or you have a hell of a lot more to lose. It is always a backhanded compliment or a negative comment about something good. I was even told by him that pair of ballet pumps I wore made me look fat. I now choose not to talk to him about it because when I do it leads to a blazing argument. No help there at all.

I'm fed up having to constantly think about food, how its cooked and whether or not the other 2 will eat it (generally not for cj & hubby mumps & moans about most of the stuff I make. Why can't we have proper chips, jar of tomato sauces nicer than the one I make. Most of the stuff I make he pushes around his plate but makes a big deal of eating it).

I'm just a moody cow at the moment.

Think you sue, your support is appreciated x

kerry u dont sound motivated at all, i think u need to take a break and try to just enjoy life for a while, u never no that might help and actually boast ur weight loss,

by the way give ur hubby a slap from me, am sure he isnt bad all the time but thats not the type of comments anyone needs to hear, why dont u just not tell him that u made the sauce make it up and tell him its from asda, he never has to no :)

am sorry ur feeling this way, cause I no u can do it, wish I cud giv u a big hug, could u not rope a friend into helping u with sw and u cud do it together :)

we went over to newcastle, was 13 of us so kinda just done what ever one else done, but cant believe i have put on 6lb am hoping some will come off today as am trying to stick to fruit an veg, just went to asda and spent 53 pound so dont have an excuse not to eat helthy this week

breakfast - 1 x weetibix and banana
lunch - large veg stirfry and cherries
dinner - gammon steak, cabbage, leeks and carrots then some fruit for after

also making a cottage pie for tomorrow night dinner :) am feeling good and motivated only 8 weeks to friends wedding wana look and feel great for it :)

Good luck sue. Remember it was an unusual weekend & if housing have a gain you will soon get it off as you are doing brilliantly at the moment.

Have to say I agree about lack of motivation. Last night I was ready to say sod it SW obviously isn't for me because I can't seem to stick at it. Then I started looking through my diary and old posts on here and Sw DOES work for me. At the start of the year I lost 13lbs in 6 weeks, I didn't struggle with it, I enjoyed what I was eating and I was feeling positive and good about myself. I can do this. I may not feel positive at the moment but I am wearing smaller clothes than I was 6 month ago. Maybe we focus on the scales too much and should learn to see achievements in other areas instead.

I couldn't say that I'm 100% motivated but there are going to be times when we get fed up and cant be bothered and want to chuck it all in but I'm not going to. I want to do this and Im damn well going to do it!

thats what I like to hear, I would be getting the next flight to edinburgh if u decided to quit :)

I have decided not to go tonight, am just taking a week holiday and getting really stuck in and will get a loss next week

I have only got 11lb to go to target and if I got and put on 3lb then it will be a stone and that just sounds to much, I dont think my brain would cope, so I have decided to take a holiday week, which is not like me so am ok with it, the weekend is over and I have been back on track since sunday evening

today was -

Breakfast - 1x weetibix, 150ml milk, strawberries and raspberries
snack -banana, 2 x oranges
lunch - 1/4 tin tuna, lettuce, tomato, scallions, cucomber and 1/2 grapefruit
dinner - home made cottage pie, carrot and cabbage

am planning on doing success express again this week and get my loss kick started again, only 6 weigh in to wedding so need to lose like 2 week to get target :) that will even bring me -1lb under target

Aw man Sue you are doing so well! I finally managed to read your older posts and I just dont know what's going on with me. Dont know can't figure it out...

Kerry I wish I could make your hubby nicer! Like sue said maybe get a friend to do it with you, or go to actual weigh in's as I think thats what I am going to have to do. I know it's alot of money, but tbh I need it...im not going to tell any one but you guys I'm going but think I will start it on monday. Might be the only way.

Sue congratulations, so proud of you!! Once you get to target do you think you will revise your target? As you said you still weren't happy (best not have body dismorphia)

Hello ladies how are things going? I'm having a pretty good week. Today started off as an ee day but got to dinner & realised is only eaten 2 slices of ham so just synned them and changed to green. Am really enjoying green days at the moment and they are cheap cheap cheap which is good. Have been tryin to get out of the habit of counting daily syns. It's really quite strange saying its ok to have extra syns. Off to have dinner now

kerry u sound in a better mood and am glad, bet u feel better for it to

well I have went off the rails, didnt go to weigh in last night, and eat a dairy milk and also 2 slices of 505/50 bread with butter toasted

today started off ok, had grapefruit, strawberries, raspberries and banana for breakfast
lunch - 1/4 tin tuna, lettuce, tomato, celery, cumcober, spring onions, pickles and beetroot, peach and orange
snack - cuppa and rich tea biscuit (1.5syns)
dinner - gammon steak, mushroom,s onions., tomato, egg

but I have also had some crackers throughout the day (5 syns)
tayto crisps (7.5syns)2 x sweets (3 syns ) and 3 squares of dairy milk (3 syns )

so total syns today is 20 :( I cant believe it I just cant seem to stop eating, and I just want more and more

but I have made a huge pot of soup - butternut squash, 2 x carrots, onion, celery, chicken stock, chilli, pakrika and cumin

planning on having loads of fruit and veg tomorrow to pull back what I have done =, hope it works

but I really dont feel up to it this week

I'm feeling much better sue. Have decided not to let the pigs get to me. Been lots going on and once its all over my head will hopefully be in a better place & in the meantime I will do my best to deal with it.

Aww sue, pull it together and put it all behind you. You haven't gone over by that much so don't lose it. It is only the start of your week so it doesn't have to mean a gain if you get straight back on plan. You are soooo close now. Come on, you can do this.

The soup sounds lovely, might try making some when I finally get my butt to the supermarket. I'm going to empty the freezer defrost it this weekend then do some batch cooking on Sunday.

Hope your day Is better tomorrow

Argh left the house without lunch and someone ate my breakfast. Coco pops are disgusting! And do not worth the syns.

Not sure how today will pan out now but I've got syns to use so we will see how it goes.

I didnt have anything else last night lol just had a cuppa and I was grand

am back on it today, have had melon, strawberries, rapsberries and pineapple and banana for breakfast
snack - orange
lunch - soup, ryvuta and cheese trianges and orange
snack - apple
dinner - chicken, veg and some rice :)

going to try and only have 5 syns today, so that will be a biscuit with my tea later to try and pull back any damage lol hope I can lose even 1lb this week

kerry am so pleased ur feeling better and u will feel great this week and have a fab loss :)

Hannah how are u?

Well done for grating straight back on plan (and for not eating anything else last nighy)

thanks, I have managed to stay away from everything today and have drank 1.5ltrs of water to

feel quite proud of myself, hopefully this is me back on track :)

how has ur day been going

Not too bad but I'm starting to flag now. I'm working til 6 tonight and the house stinks of paint so I have the mother of all headaches. Hoping a strong coffee will kickstart me again as I've got loads to do. Today is my last day then I have a week off work & right now I need it.

Food is ok considering I haven't planned any of it. Will try to have a free dinner but I still have loads of syns left so not too worried

Back