Wannabe SkinnyMins

Woohoo! Go you! Well I've had a bad day food wise, but a great day!! Going to make cocktails (mango and bacardi specifically) tomorrow night but other than that I should be fine for the rest of the week! Then I'm back to work which means I'll be even more on track!!

I bought 2 new work tops and a black pencil skirt today, bit worried about wearing them to work though as I normally wear black baggy trousers and a rather plain v neck jumper...

Kerry, I am so glad you are finding this week ok! Well done for persevering! A real inspiration!!

Sue, congrats on the dvd AND losing a pound thats fab!!

kerry thats fab, its better when u have something to work towards, and ur target is very achieveable,

oh Hannah how come ur making such lovely cocktails ?

I know what u mean about work clothes tho I would love to wear wee dresses and tights but think everyone wud look at me cause I usually wear black baggy trousers and shirts that are all far to big with a black caridgan to cover myself up even more lol but I think am going to go for it when the winter comes :)

Just listen to the 2 of you with your baggy trousers. Wear something that fits nicely & you feel comfortable in and you will be surprised the amount of compliments you get. I have s long top that I wear with jeans or leggings & its very clingy. Took me ages to get the confidence to wear it. When I do wear it I have at least one person telling me how slim I look. Every time, without fail. Try it and see. Gives you a real boost.

I'm having an EE day today as I'm trying to empty the freezer & its full of meat dishes. Meeting friends for coffee at lunchtime & trying to decide whether to be good or naughty (cake or no cake, full fat hot choc or filter coffee). Comfort food is appealing today as I'm soooo tired, cj was up 4 times in the night. But I'm also si pleased that for the 1st time in months I have been 100% on plan this week so far and don't want to blow it, would really like to make it to the end of the week on plan, I think it will do a lot towards keeping me on track next week.

Hope you both have a good day. What are the cocktails for Hannah?

Oh lord I bought crusty bread for OH & cj to have with soup tonight and its all I can think about. It's a pain de campagne round. How many syns do you think are In it? I could easily eat all of it but will restrict myself to 2 thick slices. I have about 50 syns til weight in on saturday.

Other than that I'm still 100% on track (what possessed me with the bread?). Been really hungry today, had 3 weetabix instead of 2 & boiled some extra pasta to go in my pasta n sauce at lunch. Having spicy carrot soup for dinner buy had a wee accident with the spices do no idea how it will taste

How are things for you 2? Can't be long now til u get the keys for the house Hannah

Oh god kerry am really not sure, a normal thick slice of bread is 8 syns I think, to be on the safe side I would over estimate and go for maybe 10 syns per slice, god I dunno that could be way out lol

am ok had a pkt of crisps at lunch time cause felt like I needed something but went for low cal ones so only5 syns,

think am going to have bacon and mince burgers, with roasted turnip and cabbage, muchsrooms and onions :)

Hannh how was ur cocktails

oh Kerry guess what am going to glasgow for the day on sat :)

Lol that's quite a day trip sue. You going to visit your sister? Hope you have a good day. One of these days I'm gonna jump on a train & visit when you are there. It's kinda strange sharing a big part of your day to day life with people you are unlikely to meet.

Problem with bread had gone as cj had 3thick slices to fi in his carrot soup (known as mummy soup it he won't eat it wee horror) and Ewan ate the rest. Just as well really. I enjoyed what I had but I'm still in control!

hiya, glad u done ok with the bread I wouldnt have been able to I love it to much

yea getting the 6.45 boat over in the morning and will get to glasgow at 1 and then have to get back on the coach at 5, am so excited I havent seen them since june, declan is 7 mths old and will have changed so much and my wee niece orlagh is 3.5 I cant wait to see her, she is a wee ctie pie

I have a picnic planned for the bus, but its not sw friendly, I have tuna sandwiches (12 syns for bread) cant really afford to be buying different types of bread for me and gary, apple, orange and syn free yoghurt, I also have some crisps forthe journey (7 syns) and a small bag of mini twirls think they are 2 syns each, so I know am going to be over syns, but am ok with it because its not like I do this every week and am hoping if am good before and after I will be ok :) what do u think?

today I have planned

breakfast - 1 x weetibix and 150ml milk., blueberries, strawberries
snack - 2 oranges, yoghurt, apple
lunch - chicken salad
dinner - chilli and turnip (having turnip roasted instead of rice just to up my superfree )

also going to do day 15 of the dvd

Hannah how are u getting on with the dvd, are u on level 3 yet, whats its like, am sure its a killer :)

Kerry how is ur day going, how re ur syns planning out today, you have done so well this week :)

4lbs off:D:D:D. Over the moon with that.

Hope you have a good day sue. I hated never seeing my brothers kids when they were small, not sure I would have done a day trip to belfast just ti see them though.

Hannah, where are you, you have been very quiet this week. Hope all is ok?

Ok my meal plan for the week looks something like this:
Sat:
B: 3 choc weetabix milk & banana
L: spicy carrot soup
D: keema curry & rice

Sun:
L: ryvita & cream cheese cucumber
D: beef stew

Mon:
L: pasta n sauce
D: soup (not sure what kind)

Tues:
L: eggs
D: pasta
Wed:
L: soup
D: tuna salad wrap

Thurs:
L: ryvita
D: jacket potato

Fri:
L: noodles
D: chicken prawns rice

Breakfast will be porridge or weetabix. Just a rough menu as I still need to go shopping

Last edited:
hi ok am only home and today has been awful food wise, wondeful day with my family but I think I have ate about 100 syns not even joking ok so I have had

1 x weetibix and milk
fat free yoghurt and orange
tea and coffee (on boat with full fat milk)
3 rounds of bread with tuna
then at sisters house she had made some snacks I had
2 slices of wheaten
cucomber and tomato
half a very thin pancake
2 x crackers and tea

then on the bus to boat I had a twirl and pkt of roast chicken walkers

then on boat I had grab bag of quavers, orange, apple and pear

then had a plate of chicken and veg, curry sauce and fried rice from chinese :(

what on earth have I done this is to much food, I think its cause we got up at 5 am just so out of sorts, and the food on the boat was so bad, :( no am just making excuses now but I am really going to try and pull it back tomorrow and monday :)

p.s Kerry WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 lb is amazing go you :)

Oh sue, that is bad bit its a one off and if you can have minimal syns between now & Tuesday it might help. Dint you find that a "day out" does that to you though? If I have a day trip I want my picnic at 10am and I want to eat all day. Next time make sure you have a big pot if soup waiting for you at home & make a 2nd picnic for on the way back, anything is better than the crap on the boat. Hour you got straight back to it this morning.

Today I had egg & beans for brekkie but not til 11.30ish as I slept til 10 then had to prepare dinner to get it in the slow cooker. Dinner is beef stew with carrot swede potato & cabbage. Might have a mini yorkshire pud as well. Probably ain't want lunch as I ate so late but will have dome ryvita with cheese as a snack

Hannah how has it been this week?

ano I didnt plan a picnic for the way home as i thought there would have been better chioces on the baot but will make pasta or something the next time deffo :)

yea am back on it first thing this morning, didnt have breakfast to late as didnt get up until 12.30, only cause someone was at my front door lol must have been tired

so I had half a melon, strawberries, blueberries and yoghurt
prob wont have anything until dinner which will be 2 x salmon fillets, cabbage, muchrooms and bacon and some muchy peas

have made lunch for tomorrow its going to be couscous salad, also we are getting are kitchen floor done tomorrow only found out today so wont be able to use the kitchen tomorrow for dinner so I am planning on a chicken salad from subway and if we cant use it for a few days I will sort that out after lol

kerry ur day sounds fab :)

Oh no not the dreaded "work in the kitchen". I've had that at work a couple of times & its a bloody nightmare. Hope it doesn't last long.

I have just had a massive dinner and feel like going to bed but I'm taking cj to the fireworks display which doesn't start til 9. Never mind the 3yr old, I hope I last til then

oh very nice what are the fireworks for ??

oh ano I had my dinner and then decided to do dvd, nearly killed me lol doesnt seem to be getting any easier lol am dreading level 3

Hannah you ok? been very quiet lately

Good luck at class tonight Hannah.

Sue the fireworks mark the end of the Edinburgh festival (thank goodness). There is a massive display from Edinburgh castle & looks really pretty. Cj lasted about 25 mins before he got bored so not too bad as they last about an hour.

Having a hungry evening. Just had a huge bowl of prawn fried rice with stay sauce and I'm still hungry. Not sure what else to eat. How has the day gone for the 2 if you?

yesterday went ok, dont think am going to do to good at weigh in tonight, hopefully it wont be to much on :(

I went last night and got new clothes for work had to get a size smaller yayyyyyyyyy

but omg I feel like the trousers are cutting off my circulation whenever I sit down and i now have a massive muffin top whenever I sit down I didnt have that before but my old trousers didnt stay up :( so I feel very umcomfortable and self concious today :(

Sue if you have a gain at least you know why. It's not somethin that happens every week. Good luck, I hope its not too bad.

Thats unfortunate about the new trousers. Did they loosen off at all? I'm with you on the muffin top i look pregnant in some clothes. I'm dreading shopping for an outfit for the Xmas night. Won't be long til they fit comfortably though.

Hannah where are you, been a week since we heard from you. Hope you are ok?

wooohoooo I somehow lost 0.5lb,

no the bottoms didnt lossen at all but am hoping its just that I need to get used to them

Hannah are u ok? how did class go last night ?

Kerry how are u getting on this week ?

Omg kerry 4 lbs off thats amazing! Congratulations!! And Sue well done on still losing!!

I'm sorry I haven't been around internet has been playing up and have been off work! It's been awful food wise, but didnt have a weigh in as I had already booked it off as holiday.

I am completely back on track now, and hoping for some sort of a loss monday!

Sue doing dvd has got difficult as my mum doesn't like me using the living room so it's really difficult!!

I move in on the 7th october! Can't wait! So I reckon I need to lose 13lbs by then lol so I reach my target...hmm...

Well done girls youve both done an awesome job!!

Back