Wannabeminime; 1st Weigh In!

Best of luck to you and welcome!
Thanks Snorks!:D
ahh thankyou, we all need the incouragement, even though we all want to lose weight, its difficult, and you do need support all round, i have done the same sw,ww,rosemary conely, even tryed cd, not been successful before but my head is in a different place now, im stronger this time and fed up with keep failing , so im thinking 100 days roll on!!!

You sound so positive Hadley, stay strong!x

Good Luck on your journey Hadley it really does get easier with each passing day - this is the most positive step you will EVER take in your life. You and Becky are both more than welcome to join us in the May starters thread, we have a lovely little group of "Maybelles" and you to will surely enhance it!

Jez
xx

Will take a look at the thread Jez, thanks!

ONe day at a time! :) You will be amazed how easy it becomes after that. :)

Hand on heart, this is the easiest diet I have ever done!!! ANd even better new, it will be the last one! ;)

Wishing you lots of success!! Enjoy the ride! :)

Gawd, what a thought, the last ever diet. Wow, i hope you're right!

Hi,

Hadley grit your teeth and hang on i there for the first week, it gets easier after day 3 and easier again after week 1.
Hope you love LL Becky, it rocks.

Thanks Icey!:D

If you put half as much effort into doing LL as you do playing the arcade you'll be fine!!

Good luck!

Welcome Hadley & Becky

LL rocks, just tackle it as a 'way of life' for a very short period of time, you'll be amazed with how fast the time passes, and how well the weight drops off.

Enjoy the journey

Thanks Sean and Lucy.:)

Getting a bit nervous now, fear of failure is creeping in. I have failed so many times recently on cd, why will LL be any different? Sorry for being negative before i have even started. Also i am starting to fret about spending the next 6 months on packs. It's a miserable existance, isnt it?:confused:

Hi Becky
I found one of the worst things I did initially was to think of it in the long term (i.e. 6 months of packs!). Personally, I found that thinking of it on a weekly basis was far better for me. For the first 4 weeks I kept thinking I have months to go yet and landed up lapsing (only small lapses and only twice). But since changing my thinking I have found it much easier and the time has flown by.
Set small goals - I set based on stone/kg's and bmi so there is always something for me to aim for :)
Good Luck and I'm sure you will be fine.
Mel

If you put half as much effort into doing LL as you do playing the arcade you'll be fine!!
:rotflmao: He's got a point there :D

Getting a bit nervous now, fear of failure is creeping in. I have failed so many times recently on cd,

You have also succeeded, so you can do it again.
Also i am starting to fret about spending the next 6 months on packs. It's a miserable existance, isnt it?:confused:

Absolutely miserable. OMG, who'd want to get on the scales each week and find they had lost weight. That sucks big time. Who'd want to know they are succeeding at making a change for the better. Perish the thought.

So, when you did CD and lost all that weight, what kept you going? Harness that. Look to your successful time and get in that mindset again.

There is no reason why you can't do this again. I know we refer to that 'golden time', but you know...it doesn't exist really. It's all in the head.

Hi Becky
I found one of the worst things I did initially was to think of it in the long term (i.e. 6 months of packs!). Personally, I found that thinking of it on a weekly basis was far better for me. For the first 4 weeks I kept thinking I have months to go yet and landed up lapsing (only small lapses and only twice). But since changing my thinking I have found it much easier and the time has flown by.
Set small goals - I set based on stone/kg's and bmi so there is always something for me to aim for :)
Good Luck and I'm sure you will be fine.
Mel

I know you're right Mel, once the weight starts to drop off thats enough inspiration in itself to keep going. Thanks.

You have also succeeded, so you can do it again.

Yes, i can remember how i felt the first time around, so i am concentrating on that.

Absolutely miserable. OMG, who'd want to get on the scales each week and find they had lost weight. That sucks big time. Who'd want to know they are succeeding at making a change for the better. Perish the thought.

:copon:You're right of course!

So, when you did CD and lost all that weight, what kept you going? Harness that. Look to your successful time and get in that mindset again.

I'm trying! I am going back over all the recipes for the packs, and looking at small clothes in my wardrobe.

There is no reason why you can't do this again. I know we refer to that 'golden time', but you know...it doesn't exist really. It's all in the head.

Try telling that to my body!

Thanks KD x

Thanks Sean and Lucy.:)

Getting a bit nervous now, fear of failure is creeping in. I have failed so many times recently on cd, why will LL be any different? Sorry for being negative before i have even started. Also i am starting to fret about spending the next 6 months on packs. It's a miserable existance, isnt it?:confused:

Hey hon, when you think about spending the next 6 months on packs, add to that thought, that afterwards, you will be slim for life. That you will achieve what you want more then anything, and that having that means there is no sacrifice to great, or too painful. What are 6 months> only 180 days. How many days have you struggle with your weight? I bet 180 days is a teeny tiny percentage, ay?

Just grin and bear it for that "blink of an eye" bit of time, and you
are S-O-R-T-E-D. FOR GOOD.

Its not such a long time, is it? :)

Replace the negative thoughts with ONLY positive thoughts, and promise yourself this is the last diet you ever have to do. ;) It will work if you let it. :)

Plus, you have us lot to push you up the hill when you get too tired to climb it yourself. :)

It's a miserable existance, isnt it?:confused:

I have to disagree I'm afraid! It's only miserable if you let it be, in my opinion. Ok so you can't eat what you want to but nothing's stopping you going out, doing things, enjoying the sunshine, seeing friends and loved ones, etc etc etc.

I'm really into cooking, and that really worried me before I started LL. What worse thing could you wish on a cook than to not be able to taste anything? But I decided not to let that make me miserable and I've done loads of cooking! I've cooked for my family, for friends at dinner parties and picnics, I've even done 2 trial runs of cakes for my friend's wedding.

I guess I'm trying to say that life is what you make it. You can make the most of the next 14wks if you want to or you can expect to be miserable and fulfill that expectation. but it would be a shame to do that, No?

And if I really had to be miserable, I'd rather do it for 6 months and reap the rewards than be miserable and fat for the rest of my life.

Thankyou to all of you wishing me luck, its day 3, feeling better then yesturday and the day before, but more hungry today, things that i fancy but have to push it to the back of my head,hoping it gets even better tommrow.
BECKY do what i do and get that photo that you hate of yourself and think that is NOT what i want to continue to look like!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxx

snorks you have done really good, well done!!! it must feel like a real achievment as the weeks go on, i feel proud of myself just doing 3DAYS!!!!

Hey hon, when you think about spending the next 6 months on packs, add to that thought, that afterwards, you will be slim for life. That you will achieve what you want more then anything, and that having that means there is no sacrifice to great, or too painful. What are 6 months> only 180 days. How many days have you struggle with your weight? I bet 180 days is a teeny tiny percentage, ay?

Just grin and bear it for that "blink of an eye" bit of time, and you
are S-O-R-T-E-D. FOR GOOD.

Its not such a long time, is it? :)

Replace the negative thoughts with ONLY positive thoughts, and promise yourself this is the last diet you ever have to do. ;) It will work if you let it. :)

Plus, you have us lot to push you up the hill when you get too tired to climb it yourself. :)

Thank you BL, you sure do talk some sense. x

I have to disagree I'm afraid! It's only miserable if you let it be, in my opinion. Ok so you can't eat what you want to but nothing's stopping you going out, doing things, enjoying the sunshine, seeing friends and loved ones, etc etc etc.

I'm really into cooking, and that really worried me before I started LL. What worse thing could you wish on a cook than to not be able to taste anything? But I decided not to let that make me miserable and I've done loads of cooking! I've cooked for my family, for friends at dinner parties and picnics, I've even done 2 trial runs of cakes for my friend's wedding.

I guess I'm trying to say that life is what you make it. You can make the most of the next 14wks if you want to or you can expect to be miserable and fulfill that expectation. but it would be a shame to do that, No?

And if I really had to be miserable, I'd rather do it for 6 months and reap the rewards than be miserable and fat for the rest of my life.

You're quite right. I just need to get the horrible first week over, then i will hopefully feel more positive.

Thankyou to all of you wishing me luck, its day 3, feeling better then yesturday and the day before, but more hungry today, things that i fancy but have to push it to the back of my head,hoping it gets even better tommrow.
BECKY do what i do and get that photo that you hate of yourself and think that is NOT what i want to continue to look like!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxx

How you doing Hadley?? Hope all is well.

Well today is day 1, i have had one shake, 2 black coffees and 1 L of water. All is well. My meeting last night was ok, the group seem nice, the counsellor is ok but it will take me a while to get used to her. We did a bit of TA, which was interesting but not unknown to me.

Will be back later!

All ok so far, i've had;

A choccie shake at lunchtime
A soup about 4pm
A choc shake made into choc fudge
And will have a hot shake later whilst watching the apprentice.:cool:
3L water.

I like being able to have 4 packs:), and i even managed the kids dinner without licking gravy off my fingers.:clap:

Back