want a new mince dish.

leawills

I like eating mince dishes but getting bored of the ones i do. e.g curry, cottage pie, and spicy mince.
I would like to make something new but dont like tomatoes of tomato sauces. can anyone help?

What about homemade burgers, meatballs or mock doner kebab? I would suggest Moussaka but I think that is probably more tomatoey than you would like :)

How about Pastitsio or meatloaf?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've got one that I've adapted from my mums recipe!!! Sooo delicious and warming!
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Recipe Name: ‘Sticks to Ya Ribs Mince Dinner!!!’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Serves: 4 (or 2 really good portions!!)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Syns Total per Recipe: 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ingredients[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]450g Extra Lean Minced Beef.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]1 Large Onion, Chopped.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Fry Light.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]3 Tbls Dried Mixed Herbs.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]2 Large Carrots Grated[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]35g Porridge Oats.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]3x Beef Stock Cubes[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]600ml Boiling Water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Spray a non-stick pan with Fry Light, and add the onions.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Cook for about 10 mins, with the lid on, on a VERY LOW light,[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Add the herbs,carrots and mince and brown .[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Once brown crumble the stock cubes in and stir for a couple of mins.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Add the water and leave to simmer with the lid on for about 20 mins.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Add the Porridge and simmer with the lid ON for 10 mins then OFF for 15-20 mins. This is so the oats soak the moisture and thicken the gravy.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]That’s it!! Just remember to keep the light low at all times on the smallest burner, otherwise it will stick.[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Serve with mash and veg!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
photo.php

[/FONT]

Hope you decide to try this, its sooo nice with mash mmm!

Try this for a change!!

Pete’s Marmite Beef Mince

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 large onion, finely chopped (s)
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s)
1 cup of frozen peas (ss)
1 Knorr herb “stockpot”
1tbsp sweetener
1 tsp paprika
1tbsp marmite
4 King Edwards’s potatoes (for mash)
150g button mushrooms (s)
200mL Water
250g Lean beef mince
250mL passata (s)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion until soft, add the mince and cook until brown, add the mushrooms, paprika, herb stockpot, passata & marmite, mix together, cook for 10 mins then add peas & extra water if required to prevent the mixture getting too dry. Cook for 20 mins.
Served with mash potato.

MarmiteBeefMinceSmall.jpg

Stuffed peppers or onions.
I had this in an italian restaurant years ago and it is lovelly. Simply cook your mince as a normal with herbs and spices to your liking...add some super speed veg for good measure and stuff inside your onion or pepper. Pop in the over for about 30-40 mins.

Try this one is from staceyuk and it is fab i have it all the time:)

This is based on Gino D'Acampo's recipe from his 'The I Diet' book (which has some great looking recipes in it!). I tweaked it a bit so here's my version:

Serves 4-6
2 HEX A for whole dish

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 carrot, grated
500g extra lean mince
500g passata
1 tbsp sun dried tomato puree (1 syn)
few dashes of worcester sauce
small handful dried oregano
300g dried spaghetti
4 large eggs
4 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
50g fresh parmesan, grated

1. Heat Frylight in a large pan and add the onion, garlic & carrot, frying for 5 mins.

2. Add the mince and cook for a further 5 mins.

3. Pour in the passata, add the oregano, worcester, tomato puree and salt & pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.

4. Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dent. Drain and add to the pan with the meat sauce. Stir well and leave to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 180.

5. Break the eggs into the meat sauce & pasta in the pan, add the parsley and and the parmesan. Mix everything well.

6. Spray a 28cm diameter baking dish (sides about 5cm high) with Fry light. Tip in the pasta mix and spread out.

7. Cook in oven for 20 mins until crispy and set. Remove and allow to rest for 5 mins.

8. Serve with a rocket salad drizzled with a good quality thick balsamic vinegar.

metrognome said:
Try this one is from staceyuk and it is fab i have it all the time:)

This is based on Gino D'Acampo's recipe from his 'The I Diet' book (which has some great looking recipes in it!). I tweaked it a bit so here's my version:

Serves 4-6
2 HEX A for whole dish

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 carrot, grated
500g extra lean mince
500g passata
1 tbsp sun dried tomato puree (1 syn)
few dashes of worcester sauce
small handful dried oregano
300g dried spaghetti
4 large eggs
4 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
50g fresh parmesan, grated

1. Heat Frylight in a large pan and add the onion, garlic & carrot, frying for 5 mins.

2. Add the mince and cook for a further 5 mins.

3. Pour in the passata, add the oregano, worcester, tomato puree and salt & pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.

4. Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dent. Drain and add to the pan with the meat sauce. Stir well and leave to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 180.

5. Break the eggs into the meat sauce & pasta in the pan, add the parsley and and the parmesan. Mix everything well.

6. Spray a 28cm diameter baking dish (sides about 5cm high) with Fry light. Tip in the pasta mix and spread out.

7. Cook in oven for 20 mins until crispy and set. Remove and allow to rest for 5 mins.

8. Serve with a rocket salad drizzled with a good quality thick balsamic vinegar.

I like the sound of this, might have to give it a try thanks

Back