Want to bake a cake !!

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
I have the urge to bake a cake this weekend so hubby and I can take some to work. :D :D :D

Has anyone got any nice recipies for yummy cake ?? fruit or carrot or anything ??

I have found some nice ones on the internet that are on the NC/Core plan but am pointing so wants ones that are pointed.

Thanks.

Deb x

WW BREAKFAST CAKE

2 WEETABIX
4 OZ DRIED FRUIT
5 FLOZ COLD TEA
5 FL OZ SKIM MILK
1 MED EGG - BEATEN
4 OZ SR FLOUR - SIFTED
2 TBLSP POWDER SWEETNER
TSP MIXED SPICE

SOAK CRUSHED WEETABIX & DRIED FRUIT IN TEA & MILK FOR ABOUT AN HOUR.

ADD REST OF INGREDIENTS & MIX WELL

SPOON INTO A 1LB LOAF TIN WHICH HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH FRYLITE.

BAKE AT 180/GAS 4 FOR 45 MINS TO 1 HOUR.

THE WHOLE LOAF IS 12 POINTS & I CUT MINE INTO 6 CHUNKS AT 2 POINTS EACH.

THIS IS REALLY YUMMY & I MAKE AT LEAST ONE EVERY WEEK. :p

Ok would you like:

Devils food cake
Cheesecake
Blackberry and Apple cake
carrot cake with sultanas
chocolate apricot cheesecake
crumbly apple cake
lemon cheesecake
spiced banana cake
wholemeal apricot cake

Ok would you like:

Devils food cake
Cheesecake
Blackberry and Apple cake
carrot cake with sultanas
chocolate apricot cheesecake
crumbly apple cake
lemon cheesecake
spiced banana cake
wholemeal apricot cake

All of them :D :D :D :D

Only kidding, although they all have scrummy sounding titles.

Which is the lowest point one ??

Deb x

Apple crumble and the spiced banana have 2.5 pts per slice, so does one I didn't mention, the pineapple and coconut loaf. All the rest have 3.5 pts per slice

Could We Have Apple Crumble Cake & Spiced Banana Cake Please:)

Sounds Scrummy :d :d :d

WW BREAKFAST CAKE

2 WEETABIX
4 OZ DRIED FRUIT
5 FLOZ COLD TEA
5 FL OZ SKIM MILK
1 MED EGG - BEATEN
4 OZ SR FLOUR - SIFTED
2 TBLSP POWDER SWEETNER
TSP MIXED SPICE

SOAK CRUSHED WEETABIX & DRIED FRUIT IN TEA & MILK FOR ABOUT AN HOUR.

ADD REST OF INGREDIENTS & MIX WELL

SPOON INTO A 1LB LOAF TIN WHICH HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH FRYLITE.

BAKE AT 180/GAS 4 FOR 45 MINS TO 1 HOUR.

THE WHOLE LOAF IS 12 POINTS & I CUT MINE INTO 6 CHUNKS AT 2 POINTS EACH.

THIS IS REALLY YUMMY & I MAKE AT LEAST ONE EVERY WEEK. :p

Made it today and I have to say its blooming yummy !! :D

Now i am not known for being a culinary genius but even I managed to make this and its turned out fab.

Hubby and I have scoffed most of it, but did manage to save some for lunch tomorrow.

Highly recommeded and low in points too. !!

10/10 :D :D

Glad it was a success! The ingredients sound bizarre lol but I think Ill give it a go now too

Glad it was a success! The ingredients sound bizarre lol but I think Ill give it a go now too

They are a bit really, but can assure you it tastes quite nice, and a bit like bread pudding. :D

Made another one last night, and took to work today, needless to say its all gone!! LOL.

Trouble is the cake is too nice, and its hard to resist it.

Deb x

Unfortunately I'm not sure I could stop at one slice.

know what you mean. I can have a box of brownies lying there and will be happy having one, if however there was a cake lying out, I know it would be shouting my name

I have to agree with you both on this. :( The cake is really, really nice. That is the problem!

Last night after it was cooked I ate 2 slices :eek: :eek: :eek: even though I hadnt got the points!! Plus I had already had a cream cake at work.!!!

So started today knowing I had a deficit :eek: (always a bad motivator.. needless to say today pointing has gone from bad to worse!!)

So todays a write off and tomorrow a new start before one bad day becomes 2, then 3 then 4.!

Agreed with hubby not to make any more cakes, as I just cant leave them alone.!! :cry:

Am starting to notice what foods trigger me off !! and its most certainly, sweet, carby foods, the more I have the more I want... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . The odd few sweets have been sneaking into my daily food and these have been increasing and have been craving them more and more. Even got the moodies :mad: . Poor hubby has been getting the brunt of it.

So tomorrow...NO MORE NONESENSE! got to kick the bad carbs and get back in control.

Starting the WW Wendy plan to see how varying the daily points works out. ! Will log and point everything up for interest.

Wish me luck.

Deb x

Glad I'm not the only one who caves in with the carbs...I made fairy cakes thinking I'd just have the one, if it hadn't been for hubby and daughter I'd have polished off all 12.

Must stop drinking tea as this is a real trigger for sweeties for me!

Good luck with the Wendie plan - Joe

Back