Step 1 Sole Source + Want to cry!!

chixie

I'm on day 5 and tested this morning.....no sign of ketosis yet! I have followed the plan 100% with 4 CWP products and 200ml skimmed milk for my tea. I'm feeling genuinely horrible today. So cold, weak, shaky and absolutely ravenous. It's taking everything I have not to raid the cupboards to eat something. I feel so drained of energy and my stomach feels like its digesting itself I'm so hungry!! I keep snapping at my OH, which isn't fair but I can't help it
Can anyone offer any suggestions as I'm at my wits end!!!

I was exactly the same when I started 8 weeks ago, my 1st 6days were hell, I was on 3 shakes a day and my 200cal meal, but honestly once you get past ur 1st week it will become just everyday life for you, it does sound like u haven't hot ketosis yet, which I'm sure u will soon, remember to drink, drink drink! It's the main thing!!! Good luck, hope u feel better soon x

Keep going, you will get into ketosis and things will become easier. Don't get hung up on ketostix sometimes they do not give reliable results. You are on Day 5 so it really can't be much longer, please don't undo all of your good work.

Hanging on by my fingernails....! Took my mind off things by treating myself to some nail polish (can't eat with wet nails) and a new handbag from Next (can't have too many handbags!)
Had a nice warming cup of tea and now chilling out on the sofa with one of my dogs!!
I won't give in....determined!

Don't give in, and if you are still feeling crap tomorrow go and buy yourself shoes to go with the handbag.

Don't give in, and if you are still feeling crap tomorrow go and buy yourself shoes to go with the handbag.

LOL, great idea Chlo :D :clap:

I'm on day 5 and tested this morning.....no sign of ketosis yet! I have followed the plan 100% with 4 CWP products and 200ml skimmed milk for my tea. I'm feeling genuinely horrible today. So cold, weak, shaky and absolutely ravenous. It's taking everything I have not to raid the cupboards to eat something. I feel so drained of energy and my stomach feels like its digesting itself I'm so hungry!! I keep snapping at my OH, which isn't fair but I can't help it
Can anyone offer any suggestions as I'm at my wits end!!!

Everyone is different in terms of getting into ketosis as many factors can effect it for example, how much carbs you had before starting the diet, if you have more carbs to "burn off" - it may take slightly longer to dip into ketosis. I have been anything from 5days to 8days to get into ketosis and even then it isnt until the second or third week that I start to feel "normal" and not drained of energy, having to use all your strength not to eat etc.

Keep at it, drink water, have your products and ketosis will come! Promise! :)

Sorry it's taking so long to reach the happy place, but I'm sure you will get there soon, and then you will be all the stronger for surviving this long! /highfives

*claps hands and jumps up and down* whoop whoop, tested this morning and I am in ketosis!! How happy was I to see the rosy pink hue appear on my pee stick!!
Feeling much better this morning. Had a lie in which I think helped with getting some extra sleep!
Thanks for your help and words of support, much appreciated x. Lisa x

Don't get disheartened, it takes different amounts of time for different people to get into Ketosis.I never go by those damn ketostix, I go by when I suddenly get a burst of energy which is usually day 5 or 6...Good Idea on the nail varnish, last time I did this diet, my house got a few good 'spring cleans' lol, anything to distract myself from food.

Hi Chixie,
I hope you feel better. Im on day 11 of sole source and you do get throught the wall of 'hell' if youve not already done so. I can honestly say for the last 3-4 days i am not hungry at all, i have to sometimes force the shakes down and im feeling really energetic. I can remember my hell was the first 4 days i felt weak, shaky and not myself? I woke up on day 5 feeling great and not starving and have been ok since. I only lost 5 pound on my first weigh in which i was disappointed at as i had stook to it 100% but im still going. Hope you managed to break the wall of hell and come through the other side!!!! x

Weighed in today and have lost 10lbs!!!!! *screams*. That makes a total of 17lbs in 4 weeks!! Have also lost 11.5 inches so the euphoria of this achievement outweighs the hell that I have been through! The first 10 days were strictly 100%, losing 9lbs in the first week. Went off plan for a short break away but always intended to get back on it when I got back, only gaining 2lbs and now this humongous loss this week!! Whoop whoop! I'm one happy lady!!

Well done chick that's amazing I'm on day three and feeling like u...........it's killing me off but I am so spurred on by ur lossss!!!

Do u have a lot to loose (can't see on
My iPhone x

Thanks missieCB x. I had 5 stones to lose, but now it's down to 3 stone 11lb!! Started at 16 stone and now weigh 14st 11lb. Haven't been in the 14's for a couple of years so I'm well chuffed!!
Keep going Hun, I know it seems like you are going through hell right now but it does get better! With weight losses like this, it is all worth it!

Thanks missieCB x. I had 5 stones to lose, but now it's down to 3 stone 11lb!! Started at 16 stone and now weigh 14st 11lb. Haven't been in the 14's for a couple of years so I'm well chuffed!!
Keep going Hun, I know it seems like you are going through hell right now but it does get better! With weight losses like this, it is all worth it!

I started at 16 stone 4lbs and im now 11 stone 3.5lbs (with a 2 week weigh in tonight). Keep going you can do it :)

Lynne - 70.5lbs down 25lbs to go... :)

Wow, that is amazing!! How long has it taken you?

I'm now starting week 20. Lost another 4 last night so I'm now 10 stone 13.5lbs Never in my life imagined I'd see the 10 stones again. I say again but I don't remember the last time I was 10 stone something. I'm exactly 21 lbs off goal...I can do this. If I can anyone can.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Lynne - 74.5lbs down 21lbs to go... :)

Cor well done chick thats brilliant xxx Have you been totally SS and have you been 100% xxx

You must be so proud of yourself xxx

MissieCB said:
Cor well done chick thats brilliant xxx Have you been totally SS and have you been 100% xxx

You must be so proud of yourself xxx

I have been a bit of a CD geek. I've been SSing and 100% with one night off for a leaving party. I didn't even come off plan over Christmas and new Year how ever that is because I live 6 hours from my family and was working 12 hour shifts over the festive period. I've found it very easy as I have not had any major events like weddings or holidays in the last 20 weeks otherwise I probably would have cheated a little more. I am going to visit family this week and not sure if I should come off plan or not. I want to get these last 21 lbs off ASAP so was thinking I'll stick to plan and only come off if they wanted to go out for a nice meal or something. How long have you been on plan?

Back