Want To Introduce Myself...

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
my name is Sara and I have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager... I was always a little heavy but in recent years my weight has gone up substantially...

at my heaviest I was 18st7lbs in May 2008 - I have been a member of Minimins since then because I decided to embark on the Cambridge Diet as I was going to my cousin's wedding in August and the bride-to-be lost 4 stone on Cambridge Diet...

I was successful with the diet, I lost around 3st7lbs in 4 months but since then I have put all of the weight back on... I tried on numerous occassions to restart the Cambridge Diet with no success... and lots of tears...

On Monday 4th September 2010 at 18st7lbs I decided to embark on Calorie Counting... I lost my job on 21st August so knew I could not afford any weightloss clubs...

My and my darling boyfriend decided to start calorie counting... our rules are as follows:

• maximum of 1500kcals per day
  • exercise each day (we have done alot of walking along the sea front)
  • one day off the diet and exercise at the weekend (this would usually be a Saturday when we go to the football)
So far I feel I have been successful...
  • Week 1:- 5lb loss
  • Week 2:- 4lb loss
  • Week 3:- 1lb loss
I am hoping for a good weightloss this week...

So that is me... I am looking forward to getting to know everybody on this message board... :eek:

Welcome Sara, it's nice to see a new face on this part of the site. I wish you all the best in your journey and good luck for your weigh in! Ooh and forgot to say, well done on the loss so far, that's fantastic :)

Hi Sara, I'm also a newbie around here (I switched from Atkins about 10 days ago). Good luck with your weight loss journey! How are you finding CCing so far?

Hi Sara,

I'm another cambridge dieter here too. I've lost about 4.5 stones and went through most of the maintenance step and am now counting calories to give myself a feel of what i need to maintain...having said that i would still like to lose about another 7 lbs.
You have done great so far with your progress and i wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Hi, welcome to the board!

Nice to hear your story, and well done on your loss so far! Keep updating us with your progress

xx

Hi Sara, welcome to cc! It sounds like you've got your head in the right place and the attitude to succeed. I really wish you luck on your journey and wanted to say congrats on your weight loss so far - you're doing great!

Hi Sara, I'm pretty new here too. I'm excited about all the support here. Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck!

Hi Sara and everyone else! My name is Sarah i'm 27 and I live in Plymouth, have been doing weight watchers on and off for years and its been crazy, i lost 4 stone put it back on lost 3 stone and slowly but surely have put nearly all of it back on. I've now decided to try calorie counting, it seems like a good option as all food is measured this way and therefore there is no such thing as 'free food' (i think one of my downfalls with ww!) Its been my first day today and I've enjoyed the freedom and the knowledge that i'm in control!!

Wish me luck everyone!!

Sarah xxx

Good luck, Sarah! As a relative newbie, I can already see how learning the calorific value of just about everything is really going to set me up for life, so hopefully this time I won't put the weight back on either. I'm also pleased to find I'm not STARVINUNGRY all the time!

hi sara, and sarah, welcome, i am kind of new too have been doing this for a week now, i did lose about 8lbs with ww but put 4 back on, like you say sarah there are way too many free foods and its not really a set up for life as you dont get to know what is in your food like you do with cc, its a fantastic network here and everyone is so so supportive, without this support it would be a lot harder.
welcome and good luck with your journey!!

Sarah xxx

I'm sure as hell making far better food choices now that I know what foods are "worth" what calories.

Two mars bars equals dinner! :D

No, wait. That came out wrong ;)

Back