Want to know what "normal" feels like ;)

losingit

Silver Member
Hi everyone, thought i should come over here and introduce myself ;).

I have 8 stone to lose, and am just over 1 week into my meal replacement diet, and so far lost 10lbs.

I've successfully slimmed in the past but have always been happy at around 15stone and then stopped, and started eating too much again. Having been overweight my whole life as far back as i remember, i'm keen to have a real push this time to get to a normal BMI. I have a bit more motivation since i had my daughter, who is now 3 - i want to be as healthy as i can be for her so that i can see her grow up, get married and all the rest ;). I used to feel invincible, but now i'm getting on for 30 i feel 'old' suddenly and aches and pains have started creeping in already. Not good.

I'll be on the meal replacement diet for 3 months minimum, which should take me down to 14 to 15 stone, and from there i will probably slow things down and either go low carb or the calorie counting route. That should be happening around August, then i want to lose 2 stone by Christmas which will take me down to 12 to 13 stone, with the final 2 to 3 stone coming off over 2012. I think my plan combines the best of all worlds, nice fast weight loss to start and regaining of energy/health, then a slow education/lifestyle adjustment to finish, so hopefully by the time i get to the end the diet will actually merge into a normal way of eating. Anyway, we will see.

So... "hi" :)

I want to know too! I used to know but I forgot :(

I want to know what it feels like to be able to climb a hill without feeling like you're going to die.

I want to know what it feels like to be able to wear heels and not feel clumsy because of my weight.

I want to know what it feels like not to be the focus of attention when I enter a room :(

I want to know too! I used to know but I forgot :(

I want to know what it feels like to be able to climb a hill without feeling like you're going to die.

I want to know what it feels like to be able to wear heels and not feel clumsy because of my weight.

I want to know what it feels like not to be the focus of attention when I enter a room :(

SO true bookworm, me too!!!!

hello to you and losingit :)

Losingit, well done for your recent weight loss, its all going in the right direction!

This time its coming off, I have a lot to lose too, but come on...we will and can do this!

I look forward to chatting with you. When is your weigh in day?

Good luck!

I've lost 60lb since Demember last year, and I'm now "normal" or the first time in my life. 60lb might not seem like alot but it's nearly 5 stone and i'm only 5'2 so it's nearly 35% of my body weight.

I must say that it's been life changing. Sadly people are much nicer to me now and also the attention from men can be quite over whelming.

However, if I can do it, so can you! Your plan sounds fantastic! Remember we're all here if you need any help at all!

-hugs-

I've lost 60lb since Demember last year, and I'm now "normal" or the first time in my life. 60lb might not seem like alot but it's nearly 5 stone and i'm only 5'2 so it's nearly 35% of my body weight.

I must say that it's been life changing. Sadly people are much nicer to me now and also the attention from men can be quite over whelming.

However, if I can do it, so can you! Your plan sounds fantastic! Remember we're all here if you need any help at all!

-hugs-

60lbs is amazing :eek: You did really well!

The final hurdle and then you will be free!!! :)

Woohpee! I started a diary today (link in my signature if you fancy a peek) which will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow!

wow, 60lbs, well done :) I can't wait to get all the 'right' attention from people and have people talk to me like a normal person rather than feel them looking down on me cos i'm the fat stupid one.

My weigh in day is Saturday. I think i'm on target to have lost 4lb this week which will mean 1 stone gone. Hope i can keep it up... NOT giving up at losing 2 or 3 stones this time!

wow, 60lbs, well done :) I can't wait to get all the 'right' attention from people and have people talk to me like a normal person rather than feel them looking down on me cos i'm the fat stupid one.

My weigh in day is Saturday. I think i'm on target to have lost 4lb this week which will mean 1 stone gone. Hope i can keep it up... NOT giving up at losing 2 or 3 stones this time!

It's terrible that as a society we treat people differently because of their weight. Even people you wouldn't expect like lecturers, train conductors and police officers. It's been shocking to me!

Back