Wanted to ask a quick question

ApplySomePressure

Silver Member
I was just curious, for all you ladies who have been on my fitness pal for a while, does your daily calorie allowance that you're given get lower as you lose weight?

Im not at the end of my first week yet so haven't changed my weight to find out!

It never goes below 1200 unless you manually change it so if you are on more than that then yes it probably will take calories off to reflect your new weight as it asks you if you want to let the program re-evaluate your calories every 10lb you lose. If it's worked it out at 1200 for you then no it won't, it will ask you to let it work out your calories again but it will just keep coming back at 1200 because this is the lowest intake they recommend.

Thanks think it's got me on 1520 just now although that seems pretty high to me so I have been ending up under most days so far. Like knowing I can eat a wee bit more if I need to.

Me too, it tells me off daily for being under on calories but I like to see results and know I find it hard to lose weight if I am not really strict. It's a problem being worked out a 1200 cals though because if you're under 1200 that's considered unhealthy but it's that or be over :shrug: what can you do? It's impossible to work it to 1200 to the calorie! Anyway good luck!!

Back