Wanting ti swap cambridge diet for sw

chloe0214

Hi all I'm currently on cambridge diet I've been doing it for 13 weeks and lost 3 stone, however I'm really fed up of just having meal replacements now and really craving "normal" food!!
I was thinking of swapping for sw I still have around 2-3 stone to loose. But i have no idea how sw works so any info would be much appreciated....
Thanks in advance

I would grab a copy of Bella mag, as it has a voucher to join for£4.95 until 26 Aug. It also has a 7 day menu and gives you an idea of how the plan works. Then you can try for a few days to get your body used to eating food again, before you join a club, get a proper new member talk and get weighed.
Well done on your weight loss so far. You will love SW x

Hi Chloe, I have (had) been on and off Cambridge for the last 6 years. I stupidly started it when I weighed 13st 5, lost a couple of stone then gradually went back up to 17st 10!!!! When I came off Cambridge my body clung to every calorie I ever consumed, two consultants I know have both gained their original weight + some back again - they are huge. My mum, friend and aunt have all gained back the weight plus an extra couple of stone. I have been told by a consultant "I will admit that Cambridge does eventually mess up your system" so I was stuck in a rut of on it....off it....on it.....off it for as I said the last 5-6 years.
I joined SW 7 weeks ago and have lost nearly 10 lbs, the first 2-3 weeks were a settling in period but oh boy I wish I had never, ever found CD. This diet is amazing and the amount of food you can eat is astounding! I am never hungry, no head aches, no dog breath, no watching longingly as people enjoy real food and no god damn milk shakes.
Chloe, I would whole heartedly recommend you changing. It really is a scary thought coming off of something that works so well but you will not regret it, ask any one who knows me how I have struggled over the last few years. Go for it and trust me - you will be glad you did.

Tracy :0)

Last edited:
Hi Chloe, I've never done the CD diet, but I do know tracym who has commented on here. Watching my friend on it was really hard, although she lost weight she did get very fed up with it all. However sinceshe has been on sw she a different person, still losing WEIGHT but happier about it!!! And it a healthier, easier to maintain way off doing it!! I joined with her an I've never felt better!! Not been hungry once!!! It works and it's a healthy way to lose weight. I highly recommend it. Good luck hun, best of luck in future. Xxxxx

Hi Chloe, I have (had) been on and off Cambridge for the last 6 years. I stupidly started it when I weighed 13st 5, lost a couple of stone then gradually went back up to 17st 10!!!! When I came off Cambridge my body clung to every calorie I ever consumed, two consultants I know have both gained their original weight + some back again - they are huge. My mum, friend and aunt have all gained back the weight plus an extra couple of stone. I have been told by a consultant "I will admit that Cambridge does eventually mess up your system" so I was stuck in a rut of on it....off it....on it.....off it for as I said the last 5-6 years.
I joined SW 7 weeks ago and have lost nearly 10 lbs, the first 2-3 weeks were a settling in period but oh boy I wish I had never, ever found CD. This diet is amazing and the amount of food you can eat is astounding! I am never hungry, no head aches, no dog breath, no watching longingly as people enjoy real food and no god damn milk shakes.
Chloe, I would whole heartedly recommend you changing. It really is a scary thought coming off of something that works so well but you will not regret it, ask any one who knows me how I have struggled over the last few years. Go for it and trust me - you will be glad you did.

Tracy :0)

Hi Tracey thanks for replying, I bought a month of cd and still have 2 weeks to use up!! Will I gain an awful amount coming off cd and going straight to sw food as I'm afraid it will demotivate me and I will stop and end up with a massive weight gain :(
I've heard a lot of people say that you gain all your weight back after stopping cd,
But in my head I want to slowly start eating again and exercise, but I would like a meal plan like sw/ww to keep me on track.

Also as your aware of how cd works, tomorrow I have to go to 3 course bday meal, I've never cheated or Been off plan so I really want to enjoy this And fit in with everyone

Hi, firstly well done on sticking to it to lose the three stone and no cheating. If you decide you want to change plans then ur CDC will (as long as they are well within date) buy your packs back off you ... or like you said you could finish the last few. As littlemissslim said above you could have say 5-7 days eating again to get your body back on food before joining SW, please do not expect to lose weight immediately (fab if you do but....) it will take 2-3 weeks for your body to trust that it is getting regular food again and for your metabolism to wake up. As for tomorrow - there are 2 ways to look at it. If you have decided you want to change, eat tomorrow and have a damn good time without over doing mind, or you could follow the 810/1000 rules and have the meat with plenty of veg to minimise any gain whilst you are still on Cambridge. It really is ur decision my lovely but if I was stood in front of you now I would beg you to come off of CD. I had been off CD about 5 weeks when I started SW but I was still not eating the amounts I do now as my head still said "do not eat too much" but I lost 3 the first week, stayed the same second, 3.5 the third, stayed to same the fourth but things are starting to settle now into regular pattern. I came back from 2 weeks in Italy and manged to lose 2! SW is an eating plan like no other, nothing is out of bounds you can have a little syn counted chocolate each day or crisps. Pasta, rice, potatoes, cous cous .... all of it available with no restrictions (though don't over do the carbs for the first couple of weeks off CD). Anyway Hun, I will stop going on.
Have a great day out tomorrow.

Tracy x

Last edited:
Sorry, forgot to answer your question! Putting weight on when you come off Cambridge is inevitable .... But - you have to remember it is only food weight and will be your actual weight as your muscles store up the carbs and additional water they absorb. It will not be fat though please remember that, I put on 5lbs but it stayed that way for ages before it started creeping up again (also got depression and ate a lot of doughnuts but that's another story hehe) you will need to give yourself 2-3 weeks to stabilise yourself, try not to put pressure on yourself during this time, as frustrating as it is its perfectly normal xx

Hi, firstly well done on sticking to it to lose the three stone and no cheating. If you decide you want to change plans then ur CDC will (as long as they are well within date) buy your packs back off you ... or like you said you could finish the last few. As littlemissslim said above you could have say 5-7 days eating again to get your body back on food before joining SW, please do not expect to lose weight immediately (fab if you do but....) it will take 2-3 weeks for your body to trust that it is getting regular food again and for your metabolism to wake up. As for tomorrow - there are 2 ways to look at it. If you have decided you want to change, eat tomorrow and have a damn good time without over doing mind, or you could follow the 810/1000 rules and have the meat with plenty of veg to minimise any gain whilst you are still on Cambridge. It really is ur decision my lovely but if I was stood in front of you now I would beg you to come off of CD. I had been off CD about 5 weeks when I started SW but I was still not eating the amounts I do now as my head still said "do not eat too much" but I lost 3 the first week, stayed the same second, 3.5 the third, stayed to same the fourth but things are starting to settle now into regular pattern. I came back from 2 weeks in Italy and manged to lose 2! SW is an eating plan like no other, nothing is out of bounds you can have a little syn counted chocolate each day or crisps. Pasta, rice, potatoes, cous cous .... all of it available with no restrictions (though don't over do the carbs for the first couple of weeks off CD). Anyway Hun, I will stop going on.
Have a great day out tomorrow.

Tracy x
Love love love this advice, I have lost 1lbs this week so didn't gain after my bday meal : )
I move upto step to also so I'm planning to do step 2 this week, step 3 next week, to finish my products then join sw to loose 2 1/2 stone slowly and steadily and most of all to be able to enjoy normal eating with my family again.

Yipee ... keep in touch and let me know when you start :0) xx

Yipee ... keep in touch and let me know when you start :0) xx

Definatly, ill have a million and 1 questions I dare say!!
Sw world looks confusing till you get used to it i guess,
Well seeing as all I've done for 14 weeks is pour powder into water : (
Good luck with you losses x

Thank you hun, you too for your next two steps!
SW is scary after CD because you HAVE to eat to lose weight - you can eat so much that the first week you think you must be doing it wrong. In fact in class this week - one of the ladies that stared last week had to phone our consultant because she thought she was eating too much and not doing it right :D:D You should see the size of some of the plates of food we all get through, that is the thing with this diet, it teaches you food sense where Cambridge doesn't apart from the limited amount of info in the books for maintenance. You will love it, looking forward to you joining us. If you get stuck - ask away!

Tracy x

Hello ive just read your story there and im so glad your decided yo join slimming world! I found its not just a diet its a way of life ( as cheesy as it sounds) it teaches you instead of reaching for that packet of biscuits to reach for a piece of fruit!!! But also to treat yourself each day with your syns!! I cant wait to hear how you get on!! Ive nearly lost 3 stone just 2.5lbs away :) and ive not felt hungry once!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello ive just read your story there and im so glad your decided yo join slimming world! I found its not just a diet its a way of life ( as cheesy as it sounds) it teaches you instead of reaching for that packet of biscuits to reach for a piece of fruit!!! But also to treat yourself each day with your syns!! I cant wait to hear how you get on!! Ive nearly lost 3 stone just 2.5lbs away :) and ive not felt hungry once!! X

Wow well done thats brill, how long did it take to loose that??
That's my main reason on switching as I'm more comftable with myself now so don't mind loosing the rest slower, and being able to eat properly and learn good eating habits for life : )

Wow well done thats brill, how long did it take to loose that??
That's my main reason on switching as I'm more comftable with myself now so don't mind loosing the rest slower, and being able to eat properly and learn good eating habits for life : )

It took me about four months :) which im really happy with ive got a seven month baby boy and a year and seven month littile girl so when i was pregnant i put on about four stone!! So only one more stone to go!!! Whens your first weigh in ? X

It took me about four months :) which im really happy with ive got a seven month baby boy and a year and seven month littile girl so when i was pregnant i put on about four stone!! So only one more stone to go!!! Whens your first weigh in ? X

Wow that's amazing such a short time well done, I've got my first meeting on Wednesday

Yipeee! Well done you. Let me know how you get on.
How were your last two weeks on CD? The rate of loss is much slower on SW which I struggled with last week but it's a much healthier way to do it so I kicked myself up the butt and will carry on.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Tracy x

Well this last week I've been on step 3 and I'm really really full : ) but this 2-3 days now I'm sort of healthy eating getting me ready for Wednesday not really having carbs just a friut and yoghurt breakfast a Salad lunch then a meal from step 3 cambridge for tea, but I'm not really weighing the fruit and salad just using my judgement. Do you think that's ok? Also am I ok to eat as much fruit as I like or is it limited on sw??
Thanks for the reply x

Hello there!
As an also ex CD'er I would agree with the others get off it while you can!!
I did it and lost 2 and a half stone in roughly 2 months, I kept it off for a few months then ended up putting 3 and a half stone back on! My entire body shape changed when i put it back on and I felt bigger than I ever did before (I know I obviously was but hopefully youll get what I mean!)

Anyway SW is fantastic. As the others have said its a way of life, you can join in with your friends by making the right choices, you arent FREEZING cold and STARVING! There is no going to bed hungry and in a mood, no headaches and no stupid shakes!

I started in mid march and have nearly lost 2 and a half stone despite having 2 full on girly holidays and many nights out, meals out and takeaways!
Its so doable! I cannot sing its praises enough!

I have a diary too and any questions feel free to pop over and ask. We are always all still learning and its ok to be confused.

Fruit and veg are all unlimited and help your weight loss - there is no measuring out florets of broc!

Good luck my dear!! x

Back