Wanting to give up

shelbell

Trainee Human On Board
I am craving food so badly. The last two days I've been on a training course and 12.30 they roll in a big lunch tray. Each day I avoided it (made up some rubbish reasons) and stuck to my tetra. But I am craving food so badly. I haven't been good this week, I've nibbled more than once, but I've managed to stay in ketosis the whole week. I think I've only lost 3lbs going by my scales.

I am just finding this really hard at the moment and wondering if it would be easier to just give up. I am spending hours every day thinking about food, and I mean literally hours, its like its all I think about.

I'm back to struggling with the shakes too. Had 2 yesterday, one today, and just don't want to know.

Sorry girls (and guys), I know I keep doing this. Swinging from high to low, like I said, yes I have considered bipolar!

:grouphugg:Shell please don't give up, you're so going to regret it if you do. Look at how far you've come so far, if you stick with it the rest will soon follow. I've been at a conference today and had to do the same as you in ignoring the most gorgeous foods - believe me it does get easier. If you give up now it will be so much harder to start again BUT you've got to stop picking and nibbling - doing this will make what you're doing so much harder as you're never going to be in ketosis so you won't get to the 'easy place'. Just tell yourself you're just doing it for 2 weeks or a month and don't pick at anything in that time, you'll soon see that it is easier for you.

Stay strong honey, you can do it! :grouphugg:

Oh you poor thing - give it another few days and see how you feel. Is it the flavours that you dont like? You could try cooking the packs for some variety.

And your CDC sounds ab bit terrible - a little like my first one. Why not swap to someone who you may get on with more?

Its just right now this feels more like anorexia than a diet. I am so so hungry. I'm in full ketosis and I could literally eat and eat right now. Hubbys home now and I'm just trying hard not to cry in front of him.

Try to hang in there. I never thought I would last on this diet but its been 18 weeks now and I've lost over 8 stone.

This diet does have its ups and downs with some days benig harder than others, but the weight losses are fab and will help to motivate you.

Its ok to think about food, thats normal. After all we are constantly bombarded by food programmes, advertising, everywhere you turn there's a takeaway. But as long as you only think food and do not consume what you see, you have a chance of losing that weight. I believe part of trhe weight loss process is re-educating yourself about food and eating sensibly.
Don't be too hard on yourself for thinking about food, its been a large part of your life for so long and the reason you are on this diet.
As you lose weight you will find the power food has over you lessens.

Good luck.

Oh hun, don't give up - tomorrow is another day and it may just be a bit easier. I reakon you need to change your CDC - I have seen a few and they weren't at all supportive and without the support of my current one I could never have got this far. Today is nearly over, sleep on it and see how you feel tomorrow. Lots of luck Vxx

Sorry to let people down but I have decided that this is not working for me.

There are a few reasons. Firstly I have not been honest with my CDC, I have a number of medical conditions that I did not disclose, secondly I have a history of controlled eating, including periods of self starvation and induced vomiting. That is what is making this hard, I can't see the difference between this and starving myself psychologically and its dragging up a lot of issues.

I have decided that we are going to eat healthier. Hopefully that will help.

I am really sorry everyone.

Sorry to let people down but I have decided that this is not working for me.

There are a few reasons. Firstly I have not been honest with my CDC, I have a number of medical conditions that I did not disclose, secondly I have a history of controlled eating, including periods of self starvation and induced vomiting. That is what is making this hard, I can't see the difference between this and starving myself psychologically and its dragging up a lot of issues.

I have decided that we are going to eat healthier. Hopefully that will help.

I am really sorry everyone.

Nothing to apologise for! there is a diet out there that is right for you and will help you deal with your food issues XXX

Dont be sorry

You have to think of your health so you do whats right for you, not diet is worthing being miserable over. Do like you say eat healthy & try one of the other diets like weight watchers (I lost loads on that one - just not for me this time as want to shake the baby fat off quickly). If you do decide to stay on this diet I wish you all the luck (either way) chin up girl
xxx

You have nothing to apologise for! If it's not right for you that's cool. Nicky's right - there will be something that suits you out there. whatever health programme you follow it has to be right for you. Minimins has the best example of the diversity of programmes available for all shapes and sizes. You have to try these things to work out what's right for you. Good luck, keep us updated Vxxx

Shelbell, sorry you are not continuing on CD but everyone is right, this diet is not for everyone and you need to look after number one (you!) whatever plan you choose keep us updated on minimins...Good luck...Love

NOOO!!!dont give up!i felt exactly the same when i started!4 stone 3lbs lata ive neva felt soo good.

plz just keep it goin for another couple of weeks!u will love it and the compliments are the best part

ill neva forget how i felt last week going to river island and miss selfridge and tryin on size 16's!

i promise its worth it xx

Don't be saying sorry Shell, you don't have anything to be sorry for, you just do what is right for you. Best of luck :)

Back