Wanting to shout SW from the rooftops

HPSaucy

Will get there one day!
I was in a salon earlier today and I was listening to the staff and I just wanted to shout "do slimming world" but I didn't know them!

They were discussing how much weight they'd put on, one said she had put on nearly everything she'd lost for the wedding and so was back on Sue's shakes, didn't know what these were but turns out it was Cambridge diet and then two others were saying they were back on slim fast and it works for them, in the evening they have an M&S feel fuller for longer meal as it saves any hassle.

I have nothing against these diets if thats what works for them but it sounds like its a vicious circle, they lose weight, stop the shakes, put the weight back on and then start again, I like to think SW we can do for life as it is healthy even though we may have blips every now and again but in general is healthier for us.

Surely the point of slim fast as well is that you have a healthy meal in the evenings but eating a ready meal in the evenings is surely not doing them any good. I just wanted to say to them to try Slimming World as you can have so many tasty foods and basically eat anything and feel really good.

I've been to give blood today & the nurses were talking to each other about losing weight, I too wanted to say 'do slimming world' but again I don't know them so didn't. Daft really as SW is brill everyone who wants to lose weight should give it a whirl:D

I totally agree. One of the many things I love about Slimming World is that it really encourages you to cook yourself, which I love doing, and even though I haven't been doing it very long the thought of picking up a ready meal is totally alien to me. They're fine for once-in-a-while, when you don't have time to cook etc., but I work in a shop and the amount of people that come in and just stock up on ready meals only is quite terrifying!

I definitely think this one is better for the long run like you said, I plan on sticking to it pretty much forever really - once I've lost what I want to lose, I may relax it slightly, but I don't really see why I'd want to as I'm really enjoying it.

Haven't had my first weigh in yet though so I might be eating my words once I have... :S

Happy Holidays said:
I've been to give blood today & the nurses were talking to each other about losing weight, I too wanted to say 'do slimming world' but again I don't know them so didn't. Daft really as SW is brill everyone who wants to lose weight should give it a whirl:D

When you don't know the people you don't want to butt in and they were a bit too far away to suddenly be part of their conversation!

ellierose988 said:
I totally agree. One of the many things I love about Slimming World is that it really encourages you to cook yourself, which I love doing, and even though I haven't been doing it very long the thought of picking up a ready meal is totally alien to me. They're fine for once-in-a-while, when you don't have time to cook etc., but I work in a shop and the amount of people that come in and just stock up on ready meals only is quite terrifying!

I definitely think this one is better for the long run like you said, I plan on sticking to it pretty much forever really - once I've lost what I want to lose, I may relax it slightly, but I don't really see why I'd want to as I'm really enjoying it.

Haven't had my first weigh in yet though so I might be eating my words once I have... :S

Ha ha that made me laugh about eating your words.. You'll be fine at weigh in.

So true about cooking from scratch, been on SW a year now and don't use jars etc, love cooking everything from scratch.. Although could do with a night off occasionally!

I was in a salon earlier today and I was listening to the staff and I just wanted to shout "do slimming world" but I didn't know them!

They were discussing how much weight they'd put on, one said she had put on nearly everything she'd lost for the wedding and so was back on Sue's shakes, didn't know what these were but turns out it was Cambridge diet and then two others were saying they were back on slim fast and it works for them, in the evening they have an M&S feel fuller for longer meal as it saves any hassle.

I have nothing against these diets if thats what works for them but it sounds like its a vicious circle, they lose weight, stop the shakes, put the weight back on and then start again, I like to think SW we can do for life as it is healthy even though we may have blips every now and again but in general is healthier for us.

Surely the point of slim fast as well is that you have a healthy meal in the evenings but eating a ready meal in the evenings is surely not doing them any good. I just wanted to say to them to try Slimming World as you can have so many tasty foods and basically eat anything and feel really good.
I'm not the shy, retiring type and often shout it from the rooftops. It helps having before and after pics on the iphone - especially when they ask me "Why on earth do you go to Slimming World?":cool:

Maximus said:
I'm not the shy, retiring type and often shout it from the rooftops. It helps having before and after pics on the iphone - especially when they ask me "Why on earth do you go to Slimming World?":cool:

True and if they'd been closer to me I probably would have but having never been there before I was sat quietly in the corner and I didn't want them to know I was earwigging!

No one would ever guess looking at you that you go to SW as you look so fab x

Back