Warning- a rather delicate matter

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by hippoellie, 1 March 2007 Social URL.

1. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Can I ask if anyone has any experience of colonics? :eek: I am wondering about having one at the end of LL to clear out any remaining 'rubbish' from my system. Or would it be better to have one early on rather than waiting?

Sorry to ask such a personal question, but I have this opportunity to book one but it is a total unknown to me and I would love some advice.

:confused:
    Kathy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i have never had one but do want one, cant seem to find any one near me that deos them and want to knowhow much they cost, sorry i cant help there x

4. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    If you do a search I'm sure someone on here has had one. I've been meaning to book one for aaages, and have just emailed the hydrotherapist who 'does' them, on the strength of your post, so thank you for inadvertently being the kick up the backside I needed. if i have it next week will let you know :)
    kate

5. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi LilyPad- yes keep me posted- hope it is less uncomfortable than the kick up the backside that I just administered!!:)
    Kathy

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
  7. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Brill- thanks Bevery. Sounds worthwhile!

8. SuzyA

SuzyA Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I had one a couple of years ago. Although quite fascinating in a gruesome kind of way I found it very uncomfortable and ended up not being able to complete it.

Didn't really make me feel any different after. Knowing me though I'd probably give it another go!

9. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've had a couple and finished one (fely healthy, euphoric and generally great after - slightly high & slept like a baby). The second one was a "we can fit you in due to a calncellation" so was quite rushed and I was tired. Unlike the first this one was uncomfortable and I only managed 1/2 hr. If you've ever had IBS it can feel like a long attack of IBS and can be uncomfortable. The actual "insertion" isnt embarassing and I have a lovely Indian doctor who does mine in Cardiff and is the sole of discretion - drapes a towel of you and peeks so you feel less embarassed IYKWIM! I would def recc them as you do feel cleaned when you have one - just donet do it if youre tired hormonal or not prepared emotionally because it is a tiring process.
    Hope that helps - feel free to pm me if you have more intimate ? you would prefer to be asked off board! Let us know how you get on!

10. Sal

Sal Member

Diet:
    EuroDiet
    woohooo! i've just booked an appointment for my first one :eek: on 8 March! :crazy:

after reading up on it found a great (i hope) clinic in Ringwood, Hampshire.

11. July Bride

July Bride Member

I've just found a clinic around the corner from my LL group in Chester, that means I have to book one now!!

Had one last year and had a nice "empty" feeling afterwards!! Not at all uncomfortable.............

Day 17 on LL - at least one stone lighter and I feel brill!!

12. jackiem38

jackiem38 Member

Thanks girls I have been thinking about booking one for ages - will get on and research it now!!

13. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    enjoy?!!! Poss not QUITE the right expression but...YKWIM!! Let us know how you all get on! Looks like a little trend there!!

14. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    There is a clinic about 5 mins from where I work, but not the kind of thing you pop out to do over lunchtime really ;)

If I can find out prices I will share these, as I have heard that there can be a great variance in prices. The treatment I am planning to have in June costs £65, but that includes cellulite treatment too.

Thanks for all the replies!!

15. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all i looked at some prices yesterdaybut theycant fir me in till next week so ill book one for then, the nearest one to me is closed for a while coz the woman has gone on holiday but i have looked into going to harley street in london and they only cost £80 with consultation of how to eat healthy. i also checked out where Mike24 went and that cost of that was £70 so not to badto have your inside sucked out. good luck to all having them

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.