warning lots of food mentioned

rainbow

Gold Member
I was wondering if people could help me, we're going to donington park in july to watch moto gp and we're going sat morning til sunday night, its been booked since way before i started LL and we're booked to go out to pizza express on the sat night. So would it be major if i decided to eat just for the sat night, like would it be horrendous and knock me off track (physically) I can cope with eating one meal and drawing a line at that.... what are peoples thoughts. Looking at this menu what would be my best bet

Mains - Our Food - PizzaExpress

thanks all x

Last edited:
physically might knock you out of ketosis, i don't know

When i have done it myself it made me hungrier with the meal but not hungrier the next day, I mean that I had no problems going back on the packs BUT ...

I did find that it gave me a false sense, I thought one night off and straight back on the packs was easy, so I quickly convinced myself that's how I could do it except very quickly I was having lots of one nights

I've got something coming up in a few weeks and what I'm thinking of doing is having a walk around while the food is being ordered and coming back for sparkling water and the social bit

For me sitting with eating people is not the problem its that split second of yes/no when food is being ordered

Im quite strong in that its a one off and only doing it as its been pre arranged and blah blah blah. So far (only on week three) we've been to a barbie, a childrens party and a wedding and ive not eaten and like you its not a problem sitting with the others while they're eating. X

IF you really, really (really) can't face having a soup/shake/bar at the restaurant (and assuming your not in RTM by July), than I would pick one of the salads with dressing on the side (and NOT one of the ones with cheese).

That way you will minimise the 'damage' done and should still stay in ketosis.

However, I would really recommend you stay 'on plan' throughout as it's much simpler in the long run. There are loads of people around here who regret one small stray.

Good luck either way

Hi

At the end of the day its entirely up to you what you do - I would however advise that you make the decision soon or you will be fretting about it. Whatever you decide, stick with it and don't change your mind at the last minute.
If you do eat I'd go with chicken ceasar salad as you can eat this on Atkins diet anyway.
I'm going on holiday in September and I'll still be on abstinence then but I've already planned that I will eat that week and restart when I come back - I can't think of anything worse than going abroad and trying to get all your LL packets through customs!
The most important thing is that you have a lovely weekend - if it involves eating so be it as long as you think you have the discipline to restart afterwards.

MM x

thanks, both interesting posts and something to think bout, part of me is eating for the others in the party (and I know this diet means I need to think bout me) obv not all of it is cos of them (Im sure that'll make sense to some people) Its not that I cant face having a soup/shake or bar its that I dont want to - I want to feel the same as the others, although obv Im not the same cos they're not fat and on diets! thanks guys xxx

Personally I would stay abstinent and just take a shake/bar with me. I have a corporate hospitality do on the 9th June at Take That with a champagne reception and 3 course meal - I have already decided to stay abstinent and just take a shake and a bar with me. I've come so far without lapsing it seems silly to do it now.
I guess the thing for me is that will you enjoy the WHOLE weekend less because you didn't eat one meal? Is it just an excuse to have a planned lapse? Eating because you don't want other people to feel bad is classic adaptive child - try and get back into adult and then make the decision.
Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but is it worth potentially putting on 3lbs+ for the sake of one meal?

Hi, my last thoughts ( I cant talk by the way)

I know how you feel about simply joining in around that table - and the choice is always yours

Maybe if you are going to have that 'night off' why not use it as an incentive. You know, by xx of july I will be xx lbs

(crooked thinking maybe ???)

take care
xx

I know, get me! I cannot tell you how excited I am about it :D

hi there
personally i would not eat.
i have been to loads of things in the last 20 weeks and if i had made an excuse for one then i would make excuses for more.

i have 4 weeks of holiday, girly weekend, weekend away for concert and glastonbury festival - all of which is going to be 'spoilt' by LL

- but i can tell you, wearing my size 8s and knowing that i won't be putting on the 10lbs i would at least have put on will be ten times worth it.

there will be plenty more special days/weekends when this is over, at the end of the day ITS ONLY FOOD! - my LL journey is far more important to me than any event could ever possibly be and there is nothing that can get in the way!

i'm still going to have a great time at all the things i'm doing and i reckon my bar will taste all the nicer - the sweet taste of success!!

sorry - just my thoughts.....

daisy x

can i just add too that i find comparing atkins and trying to find ways of 'cheating' and staying in ketosis seem to be completely defeating the object of doing LL.

the one thing i love about LL is the fact that every other diet i have ever done i have spent my time thinking of ways to cheat the system - and with LL i can't.

do it 100% - why risk wasting £66 apart from anything else, and having to spend more time doing the diet.

also, there have been lots and lots of people since i have been reading this board who have had a planned lapse - thought they would be ok then have struggled terribly trying to get back on track - some never doing it.

why take the risk?

look on it as a challenge - and reward yourself with a new dress or just be happy in the knowledge that you have beaten another food demon?!

daisy x

thanks, all its defo worht considering, i'll let you know what i decide... when i do x

Can I be perfectly blunt: I think you'd be foolish. I mean that in the nicest way. :)

Risk your diet, for one night in a pizza place????

Don;t do it. Keep to the plan, as it is intended.

There will be other opportunities down the road.

I had a months holiday planned in San Francisco well before I started LL. I abstained every single day while others ate and drank. DId it spoil my trip? Not in the least. I cam back from my hiliday 20 pounds lighter.

I hope you decide its not worth it. :)

Just out of sheer interest - how are you going to make a shake at a Take That concert???
Easy peasy - take a bottle of water, a shake pack and my shaker. I did it in the cinema last week... Where there's a will there's a way!

You can make a shake anywhere you want to.

I made shakes on an airplane.

I made shakes at a San Francisco GIants Football stadium during a game where everyone around me was eating pizza a garlic fries.

I made a shakes on a 1500 mile road trip.

There is no excuse and no situation you cannot make a shake at. Not one. TO say ther is no way is nothing more then an excuse to eat. Hell, I made shakes at my moms 90th birthday - didn;t have a single thing at he food laden party. It can be done ANYWHERE.

Rainbow. You have come here the pastfew days asking some REALLY good questions, being SO careful to get it right.

(I think it was you anywya?)

I don;tunderstand why you would jeapordise your success over a mediocre meal in a mediocre restaurant. We are not talking about a 5-star meal here, a once in a lifetime thing.....

Please reconsider. You would NOT be the first person to say "I can handle just one meal" and then then fall right down the hill and struggle for months to climb back up. Stronger people then you have fallen. And some sadly never made it back. SOme have come back so depressed and feeling horrible. Is it worth the risk for one night in a run of the mill franchise opertaion? I might *might* understand if it was a michelin chef preparing a once in a lifetime meal - but Pizza Express??

I'm sorry hon - I may sound like I am coming down like a ton of bricks.

I just feel SO passionate about this diet, and have seen so many people set themselves up for failure, or heartbreak. I usually keep my comments somewhat to myself. But it gets harder and harde the more we hear about lapsing, and struggles, and excuses.

I just want to see you succeed.

physically might knock you out of ketosis, i don't know

When i have done it myself it made me hungrier with the meal but not hungrier the next day, I mean that I had no problems going back on the packs BUT ...

I did find that it gave me a false sense, I thought one night off and straight back on the packs was easy, so I quickly convinced myself that's how I could do it except very quickly I was having lots of one nights

I've got something coming up in a few weeks and what I'm thinking of doing is having a walk around while the food is being ordered and coming back for sparkling water and the social bit

For me sitting with eating people is not the problem its that split second of yes/no when food is being ordered

That says it all. Its easy, you will think you can do it all the time - and that defeats the entire purpose of this diet.

Your plan of walking around and removing yourself is SPOT ON.

Well done. Stick to it, and you will have SO much confidence in yourself you will glow.

Back