WARNING Re. Holiday Threads

Frontier-Phil

Silver Member
Hi all

Well this is my crime prevention thread:

Please be careful when giving info about going on your holidays.

The thread board is no difference than standing on a stage in front of thousands of people and telling them all about you and your families.
None members can search user names, or any could start up a bogus account ( this has been done on other blog sites)

As you all know what job I do by now so this warning is well sourced. There has been a number of incidents of burgulary from homes when the owners have been away on hols. The owners/owner have posted that they were on the way off on their hols.. even mentioned what airport and how long they were to be away.

Please be careful out there

Regards#

Phil x

nice one phil.
think we forget things like this x

Excellent post Phil.

Ive recently been targeted online and Minimins is one of the places Ive been tracked down on. Dont think other areas of the site are necessarily secure either. The person harassing me, joined here, posted 52 posts and got access to the members section and my diary.

Never post anything online that youre not happy with becoming public knowledge. I think we all get a bit complacent, especially when you feel you 'know' people

I posted we were away back in May but our house is never empty and we have security that we can check from anywhere and I don't give out my address etc online.

That is a really good point thanks Phil.

I guess our fingers type before we actually think about what we are typing.

You're like having our own little super hero looking after us!

Yep I know what you mean, my hubby is in IT and he knows how it is done, our mates got lots of money taken from their bank account and he found how they had done it but since they had all the anti virus etc in place and proved it they got money back but they were lucky as we know folk that havent..........very scary how easily things can be done!

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... Certainly makes you think ..........? Thanks for this little wake up call!

Back