Warning, thread totally about poo!!!!

SandraB

Gold Member
Ok well here goes, will try to make this informative without being toooo graphic.

Well, to start with my therapist was Irish, Theresa, and an absolute nutter! She had me in stitches as, as well as colonic hydrotherapy, she also does male initimate waxing, aka 'back, sack and crack' so she had me totally at ease before she'd even started and not feeling a shred of embarssement.

Obviously there's a slight discomfort as the tube thingy goes in (is this tmi??) but then you get to lie on your back, covered in a sarong in my case, whilst all this warm water flows into your tummy and, periodically, out again. I didn't find it uncomfortable at all but I had had it done before, I think it may feel a bit strange the first time. My tummy wasn't as bad as I'd first thought and that's apparently because I generally eat a very healthy diet with very little processed food and I very rarely eat takeaways, never eat burgers or cheap meat products etc which I was told are the main offenders for blocking up your system along with red meat! Normally when faced with a bit of constipation I would just up the fruit and fibre cereal and nibble away on some dried prunes until it cleared!

So, that in a nutshell was that! After the tube came out I had to go and s(h)it in the loo for as long as it took to feel like I didn't need to go again! I was in and out of the clinic in about an hour, came home and then had to stay quite near to the loo for the rest of the day and still feel the need to 'go' this morning. My stomach has disappeared completely and I have definitely lost a couple of pounds but as it's still 'moving' I'm going to leave the final weigh in until Wednesday as usual. I do feel very tired, which I was told was normal and light-headed and dizzy (hey I'm blonde - so what!) so apart from a bit of gardening I'm going to have a lazy day.

Would I do it again? definately! In fact I'm going to go again when I've finished with LT. I have to say that the therapist wasn't a huge fan of LT or VLCDs in general but she understood why I needed to lose nearly 4 stone in a few short months in preparation for the op. So she was fine about it, didn't lecture me, and said that LT does make your bowels a bit sluggish in general and this gives them a shake up and makes them move again!

So that's it! Not in the slightest bit unpleasant but I guess that was down to the wonderful therapist and her wicked sense of humour....I thought that I knew all there was to know about men's private parts....but I was wrong!

Oh sounds good, I've always wanted one (does that sound strange!?) but ive always suffered from constipation so thought that may help me a bit! i may have to look about for a clinic as u made it sound so appealing lol!! Good luck with ur weigh in, i'd say u'll do great this week an i bet ur stomach will feel so much better now!

Lou, if it was good enough for Princess Diana then it's good enough for us! TBH I think that it's down to the therapist, I used to see an Indian gentleman and whilst it was OK I didn't feel half as comfortable as I was with Theresa.....she would be brilliant fun on a night out!

I'm really hopeful for the scales, I really do feel sooooo much better today!

Great post Sandra....... Hope you get a great loss on wednesday!! Sounds like you made another new friend lol xxx

Glad it went well hun..... Hopefully Wednesday you will lose loads x x x x

This may sound silly, but where you have "good" bacteria and "bad" bacteria in your gut, do they give you anything to replace the good bacteria, or is it only bad stuff that is taken out? That really doesn't make sense, but i know what i mean!! lol

Glad it went well hun..... Hopefully Wednesday you will lose loads x x x x

This may sound silly, but where you have "good" bacteria and "bad" bacteria in your gut, do they give you anything to replace the good bacteria, or is it only bad stuff that is taken out? That really doesn't make sense, but i know what i mean!! lol

They do recommend that you drink actimel, yacult or something like that, which I usually do when not on LT. But apparently it only takes a couple of days for your stomach to get back it's balance. Obvously you can't pick and choose what comes out of your colon!

Delighted for you Sandra that you finally got your clear out. I bet a pound to a penny you'll see the rewards next weigh in. It's been really tough for you the last week or so and it's been pretty inspirational how you've kept on track despite everything (even when you broke out it was a tiny amount of low carb and you kept in ketosis) - I wonder would I have had as much resolve had I been in similar situation I'm not so sure I would. Well done!

Queenie, do you know I forgot to ask! I had a facial at the same spa earlier in the week and paid for the two together about £140.00. I would say about £80.00 I think that's about what I paid before. This is Jersey though and the price of everything is astronomical!

Glad it went well for you Sandra, and you feel better for it :) Roll on Wednesday's weigh in :)

xx

Queenie, found my credit card slip, it cost £78

oooh not as much as I though it would cost

Hmmm do you think it would be odd to put it on my christmas list

New boots
bath stuff
colonic irrigation
gloves

ROFL!

oooh not as much as I though it would cost

Hmmm do you think it would be odd to put it on my christmas list

New boots
bath stuff
colonic irrigation
gloves

ROFL!

Why not! No different to asking for a facial, in fact you could ask for a voucher for the clinic or spa where you want to have it done if you're worried what your friends or family might think! TBH people do generally think that you're a bit strange wanting to have it done but who cares what other people think?

Thanks for posting this Sandra, I was really intrigued! lol
I hope that you get a good loss on wednesday, i'm sure that it will have helped.
Emma x

Queenie, found my credit card slip, it cost £78

For anyone who wants it done cheaper, i charge £35 (less than 1/2 price).. I carry it out on my kitchen table, with a hose pipe and some fairly liquid.. And i even throw in some Actimel for free!!

BARGAIN!!!! pmsl x x

Thanks for that info, Sandra. Always wondered exactly what happened and now I know. 'Twill be interesting to see if your loss is greater than you'd normally expect . . .

Think I'll give your version a miss, Su!

For anyone who wants it done cheaper, i charge £35 (less than 1/2 price).. I carry it out on my kitchen table, with a hose pipe and some fairly liquid.. And i even throw in some Actimel for free!!

BARGAIN!!!! pmsl x x

Su!!!!! You are absolutely incorrigible! :kissass:

Thank you for the info Sandra, I have just booked one for Friday!! Have wanted to do it for ages but always held back;your very descriptive thread gave me the push I needed! Funny how this all sounds like poo related phrasing lol! Will let you know how I get on.Do you think I should mention that I am doing LT? Will it make a diference?

Thank you for the info Sandra, I have just booked one for Friday!! Have wanted to do it for ages but always held back;your very descriptive thread gave me the push I needed! Funny how this all sounds like poo related phrasing lol! Will let you know how I get on.Do you think I should mention that I am doing LT? Will it make a diference?

Izzy's mum, I was given a very comprehensive questionnare to fill in so you might well have the same. As being on LT was one of the main reasons that I went for the colonic I told my therapist about it staight away - I would suggest that you do too! I hope it goes (!!!!!) ok:eek:

Back