Was 100 day diet now sensible eating.

coffee queen

100 days to go

After reading other peoples thread, it made me think that posting everyday might help keep me motivated. So here goes. I am so sick of being over-weight and so sick of struggling to get into the few clothes that I have that still fit me.(I refuse to buy anything new until I have lost a few lbs.) I started Celebrity Slim in January and lost a stone quite quickly, then I started to cheat and did not loose much more. Every morning I start a diet and by the afternoon I have gorged myself silly so I continue to overeat for the rest of the day then restart the next morning. Today I went into Boots and weighed myself and weighed in at 219lbs. whch is a lb more than last week. I plan to have Avidlite shakes and soups etc and some days have a high protein low carb meal. Today has been a good day.

Breakfast-Cinnamin and apple avidlite cereal (not very tasty)
Mid morning-half choc shake made with hot water
Lunch- strawberry shake
Mid afternoon-other half of the choc shake
Evening meal-omelette with cheese
Few cups of black coffee and glasses of water throughout the day but must try and drink more

Feeling quite proud of myself as I have managed to get through the first day and did not cheat once. It is early days. I would love to loose 50lbs. but I would be happy to loose anything over 30lbs.

Lets hope the next 99 days go as well as today. I'm going to try and up-date every day.

Last edited:
Good luck on the dieting, maybe think about starting something like SW or WW, at least that way you can eat plenty of food and not feel like you are depriving yourself by just having mainly shakes etc. Anyways whichever route you decide, I hope it works out for you.

kel x

100 day diet -98 days to go

99 days to go.

Today was good. Got up and still felt positive about losing weight. Kept myself busy for most of the day as all day I was thinking about food that I am not ment to eat I have to admit that I did feel hungry for most of the day. I have managed to drink lots of water as I have found a flavoured juice that has no carbs to add to the water -very refreshing.
Breakfast-Half coffee shake-bit tasteless
Mid morning-Half coffee shake with some coffee granules added-much better
some brazil nuts
Lunch-Sero white choc and berry cereal bar
Mid afternoon-some more brazil nuts
Evening meal-Chicken
Mid evening-Half choc shake (hot)

Still feeling a bit hungry so I am going to have a relaxing bath then have an early night as I fear I could quite easily start to eat biscuits etc.

Hope the next 98 days are easier

Last edited:
100 Day Diet 98 days to go

This is day I want to forget. Started off well in the morning then downhill after that. Spent the day at a friends house and she had prepared lots of food and being weak willed I ate everything that was put in front of me, my bad attitude took over ( I have been bad so I might as well eat anything and everything for the rest of the day) Am really quite disgusted with myself I am not even going to list my food intake for the day. But tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better day. Took my measurements today they shocked me as I am bigger than I thought nowonder my clothes feel really tight.

Hope the next 97 days are better

Last edited:
100 Day Diet

:cry:97 Days to go

Another bad day. I am just going to draw a line under the last 2 days and get my head into gear and really try much harder from the moment I get up.
Lets hope the next 96 days are better.

Last edited:
96 Days to go

:D96 Days to go.

Have been good today I have just had avidlite shakes today and I have not felt hungry all day. My problem is I never seem to be good or long therefore I never seem to go into ketosis, but this time I will as I am back to feeling motivated. I keep on thinking about the warm summer we are ment to be getting and I want to be able to wear nice summer clothes
Hope the next 95 days are as good as today

95 Days to go

95 days to go

Not to bad a day had two shakes during the day and at night I had some chicken and ham but in the evening I did start to get the munchies and did have two sweets, hopefully tomorrow I will manage the stick to a low carb diet 100% as I get weighed on Wednesday and at he moment I do not think I have lost anything.
Must try harder during the next 94 days.

94 Days to go

:cry:94 Days to go

I think I will just forget about today as I have had the worst day in my weight loss journey
The next 93 days can't be any worse

93 Days to go.

:sigh:Well I lost 1lb I am not really surprised as I just messed around all week one day good then one day bad. But after my disappointment of only losing a lb it was a wake up call for me and I have been sensible since. Sticking to only having shakes. I even went out and bought a new game for the wii -fitness coach. So tomorrow I will try it out.
92 days to go.

Second attempt 99 days to go.

:cry:Yet another wasted day. Was good all day then in the evening I ate biscuits, I was not even hungry, they were just calling eat me eat me ( and I did ) can't even say I enjoyed them. Did not even take my new wii fitness coach out of the box. Hopefully over the weekend I'll be more organised
91 days to go

Last edited:
99 Days to go

:D:)Well I have had fun eating and drinking anythng that took my fancy over the last few days, the result was I put on a lb. Judging by the amount of rubbish that I managed to stuff into my mouth I think I got off lightly, I was expecting to gain about 5 lbs. But today is the start of my second attempt on my 100 day journey to a new me, slimmer and full of energy. After my weigh-in this morning I decided enough is enough and that I was only cheating myself. I think with the weather being warm I am annoyed with myself as none of my summer clothes fit me so the result is I am sitting in the sun sweating. But not any more as this journey started today. I have been very good today just had shakes- long may that last. I feel quite foolish as I did not even manage to last a week or lose any weight but that was then this is now

99 Days to go

Last edited:
hi Kathleen,
I posted on my diary that I was wondering if you had one, dizzy git I hadn't spotted it. Well you seem determined to do it this time, hope today was good for you! I will be rooting for you, so best of luck.
Doirin

Another day. I could have been better on my diet. I went out for lunch which was a bad idea as there was nothing low carb on the menu, it is true when you get a taste of high carb food you just want to eat and eat fattening foods. So the rest of the day was a struggle as every time I went into the kitchen I was looking for something sweet to eat, but I manged not to go mad and gorge myself silly. Hopefully tomorrow I will behave, I'll never get into ketosis at this rate.
98 days to go

98 days to go

Three more wasted days. I just can't do this low carb diet, as at the moment I have quite a busy social life. I think I will just eat a sensible diet all week then next week I might try a week of shakes etc to get the weight loss moving.

97 days to go

Three more wasted days. I just can't do this low carb diet, as at the moment I have quite a busy social life. I think I will just eat a sensible diet all week then next week I might try a week of shakes etc to get the weight loss moving.

97 days to go

Kathleen, I've been here myself. Tried a load of diets, taken one step forward and two steps back, made myself ill and ended up totally worn out by the whole dieting circus.

I tried Atkins many years ago - my major love in life is carbs. After a week of following Atkins to the letter, I ended up collapsing in the middle of a busy street outside my main uni building and narrowly avoided being squished by a van. I know it works for many people, but my body just couldn't handle it. Maybe you've got a similar reaction to low carb regimes.

I hope you find the right eating plan that works for you. Just don't try to do it all yesterday, you know what I mean? If you set yourself too harsh goals, like 100 days on a purgatorial diet that makes you weak and weepy with hunger, you might find yourself going round and round in circles, whereas 100 days of something you can comfortably live with might give you slower loss on the face of it, but it'd add up to greater success because it would be steady and consistent - something you can stick with for 1000 days, not just 100.

Hope you don't mind me saying that. I don't think there's a 'diet' out there that can beat sensible, balanced eating. Don't drive yourself nuts with fads and don't let the industry leech your money and your hope.

Very best of luck!

Kathleen, I've been here myself. Tried a load of diets, taken one step forward and two steps back, made myself ill and ended up totally worn out by the whole dieting circus.

I tried Atkins many years ago - my major love in life is carbs. After a week of following Atkins to the letter, I ended up collapsing in the middle of a busy street outside my main uni building and narrowly avoided being squished by a van. I know it works for many people, but my body just couldn't handle it. Maybe you've got a similar reaction to low carb regimes.

I hope you find the right eating plan that works for you. Just don't try to do it all yesterday, you know what I mean? If you set yourself too harsh goals, like 100 days on a purgatorial diet that makes you weak and weepy with hunger, you might find yourself going round and round in circles, whereas 100 days of something you can comfortably live with might give you slower loss on the face of it, but it'd add up to greater success because it would be steady and consistent - something you can stick with for 1000 days, not just 100.

Hope you don't mind me saying that. I don't think there's a 'diet' out there that can beat sensible, balanced eating. Don't drive yourself nuts with fads and don't let the industry leech your money and your hope.

Very best of luck!
Iris you are so right, all day long all I think about is food, high carb, low carb, high fat, low fat, fruit or no fruit. My head is in a spin. So at the moment I am just trying to eat what I want and steer clear of eating snacks between meals. My weigh in is tomorrow but I don't think I will bother as if I have put on weight I might just gorge myself on rubbish foods.
96 days to go

Hi Kathleen,
Just wondering how you are doing ? Hope everything is going alright for you, let us know how you are getting on. Best of luck.
Doirin

96 days to go

Well I did wegh myself yesterday and surprise surprise I hve gained another lb, I am not too worried as after this weekend I have no more social events organised. I think I will becme a recluse for a few weeks and really work at getting fit and loosing inches and lbs,
95 days to go

Another non diet day but I am all packed up and am off for the weekend. I intend to eat and drink what I want then come Monday morning I will be very serious about loosing weight, I have got all my shakes and soups and bottled water just waiting to be eaten

94 days to go

Back