Was doing so well

Sorry guys I just need a bit of a moan!!!:mad:

I've had the last few months where life has just got in the way of being 100% on plan. I've lost and gained and lost and gained since Christmas. The very sudden death of my father in law at the end of Januart did contribute and every week since I've tried to get back on track and every week there has been 1 outing or event that has caused me to go way over Syns on have a small gain usually 0.5lb.

I'm now only 2 lbs light than I was before Christmas and feel like i've wasted the past 3 months. I was doing so well this week but then the Reading fesival tickets went on sale Tuesday. So there I am 6.45am tuesday morning in the rain with my husband and our friend Bobby standing at numbers 562, 563 and 564 in the queue outside HMV. Macdonalds is the nearest place for the loo and cups of tea and coffee so I end up having a sauage mc muffin and hash brown (so yummy:D) One we got our tickets we head to the pub to celebrate 2 pints of fosters and a veggie fry up later.......
Oh dear. I've got weight in tonight and am dreading what the scales are going to say. I've also got my sister her husband and their 2 kids arrving tonight for the easter hols and I just know I'm not going to be 100% on plan.Now I know I should just try my best and allow myself a bit a a flexi syn weekend and get back on track Monday (which I will do) But and here by big problem I feel like i'll have 'wasted' another week:sigh: and I feel like just quiting and eating what I want and not having to worry about it. I need a kick up the arse not to go back to my old ways and undo the work i've done the past 9 months.

Sorry to dump a loads of huffs on you guys but you seem to give out such good advice and inspiration when other people are stuggling and I need a little help from people who get where I'm coming from.

Its not that you 'were' doing so well, you are doing well! With all other the things that have happened you could have just given up, but you didnt you made the best effort you could meaning that you have had small gains rather than huge ones, and secondly even now rather than throwing the towel in you are here looking for advice and help to get back on track!

Looking at you statistics you've lost 40lb!! Thats outstanding!!! and deep down you dont want to throw all of that away. Think back to when you started how you felt, then how it felt to watch the scales go down, how much better you now feel in your clothes now than you did then.

Its all about planning for occasions, taking free fruit with you or alpen lights for snacks to keep you going until you can get somewhere to have a decent meal.

For your sister and family coming over - this works in your favour, cook a SW friendly meal and pud that way you can save your syns to have a couple of drinks with them and have spirits and diet mixers with drinks as they go further!

Come on hun, you can do it!!!

xx

I have to agree with the others Hun..you can either wallow and make up loads of excuses as to why you cant stick to plan (tough love being given here), or you can do something about it and work it to your advantage. Just remember, just because it is Easter doesnt mean the Easter Bunny is going to force feed you chocolate...it is YOUR choise. You have come so far and done so well, dont spoil it anymore.

xxxx

Hey :)
I totally agree, and can appreciate the feeling of "wasting" time but I think that Slimming World is teaching us to eat healthily in the real world, and like the others have said, you've had small gains rather than chucking in the towel and just eating whatever. I think you're doing great! The only problem I find if I think too much about having wasted 3mths since Christmas is that I then think "oh well it won't matter if I just eat...." etc. Flexible syns over the weekend, then back on track Monday is always a good bet. Good luck x

Thanks guys, you've been a great help. I've spoken to my sister and shes going to bring down some Salmon so I can make a ginger and soy basted salmon with new pot and plenty of veg. This way i'll stay on track and can use some syns to have a little bit of chocolate. Between the 2 kids, my husband and the 2 dogs I can easily get rid of any extra 'naughty' food that may tempt me.

Back