Was I rude?

peggypig

Silver Member
You know when you are waiting at a petrol station I drove up to 1 at Morrisons this am. There was a little car just sat in the road there is a row of 4 lots of pumps 8 in total so my way of thinking is choose 1 and wait for it to become free.

So I drove around and sat behind a car till it moved and I proceeded to use the pump, said little car man drove up behind me moaning his head off saying I jumped the queue. I asked him why he was sat on the road (blocking it) when there is 4 lots of pumps choose one and wait. It really pees me off when people block the whole road, my way of thinking is you will get a pump when there is one free. Anyway I blew my top when he spoke to me as there is 8 pumps you are just sat there blocking the road. Grrrrrrrrr

The Sainsburys in town near me they do the same block the road waiting to get a pump instead of moving up and wait further in for an empty place .

I feel like Ive got a lot of pent up aggression and he got some of it.

Rant Over !!!!!:)

If you were being rude then I am all the time lol, it does annoy me when people block the entrance to the petrol station!

Anyway it's not as bad as the bloke that came cut past three cars and nearly drove into the side of me to try to beat me to the empty pump

I agree with you, I don't drive yet have my test coming up, but when my boyfriend fills up the majority of people choose a pump and wait for that one. If you're the only one waiting I suppose yeah you could wait to see which ones free first but if someone comes up behind you, either pick one and wait or don't moan when they pick one instead.

I actually think he was rude getting out and having a go at you

It's the same rule at the supermarket checkout Lol. Choose your lane and wait your turn. No hovering and biding your time allowed!!!

Thanks folks. Was hoping I wasnt totally ignorant LOL. The thing is I dont mind waiting my turn,but not waiting while someone else decides to make a move in the near future.:)

Sam:) said:
If you were being rude then I am all the time lol, it does annoy me when people block the entrance to the petrol station!

Anyway it's not as bad as the bloke that came cut past three cars and nearly drove into the side of me to try to beat me to the empty pump

I'm like this! Im a waiter even if somebody come in straight behind and goes I chose to wait so I will I never block the entrance coz it pees me of and I often pomp if people are blocking! And if they ignor then I get out! And tell them to move! But honestly I'm a nice person lol! Tbh the majority of the time I am arguing :/ but I am nice :) x

Agree with all above it's not rude at all - it's actually being more considerate to other road users.

I've actually 'technically' jumped in front of someone when the two tandem pumps have been used but the 1st one becomes empty. .If the car in the queue in front of me doesn't 'overtake' the car still being filled at the 2nd pump - I will! .I give them a couple of minutes to manoevre but when it's becomes evident that they're waiting for the entire lane to be clear before driving up to the 1st pump - the pedal hits the metal I'm afraid :D

Just seen a similar thing at another garage husband driving there was other cars hanging back almost onto the road. I said move up to the pump and wait and the person in front left quickly we got petrol. I dont get why people do it to me I find it stressful watching all pumps hoping I will get in 1st, where I wait and know Im not in anybodies way. Its all me me me these days.

I had this yesterday, I got stuck being someone who couldn't decide which one of 6 lanes to pick and I was just about to go around them when a idiotic pr*ck cut me (and about 3 cars behnd me) up and rushed to the first line he came to. The car he was behind then pulled away at the exact time so he got to fill up almost immediately. I was livid and gave him the most evil look I could manage. He was lucky I was in a good mood otherwise I would have had a go. I accept he was frustrated with the car at the front but it wasn't my fault nor the 3 cars behind me. Tosser.

So annoying get in lane for the BL ***DY lane and wait you have to try and figure out exactly what they are going to do GGGrrrrrrrr

Queue jumping aside, I do think that the way petrol stations are laid out is totally bonkers and encourages a certain amount of queue rage. There has to be a better way. Often after I've filled up, I move my car forward so the person behind can fill up while I pay. Sometimes it just ends up gridlocked again because you need everyone doing it for it to work. I did ask at the garage if it was ok and they said it was fine as the pumps will queue two purchases.

Ps the man was supremely rude and you were quite right to get on with it.

Back