was on xenical a few years back, do you think doc will give again?

natalieann

Silver Member
my doc put me on xenical about 3 years ago because i was dieting but not loosing just maintaining and i did them fr a few months and then just didnt go back for more, do you think the doc will represcribe them to me?

Depends on your doctor but I was the same and my GP gave them to me again.

did you see the same gp and how long in between im wondering if by just seeing my history that ive had them if any doc will give them to me?

It was the same GP practice, I'd been on them before, messed about and didn't make much of it and stopped taking them. I was dubious about getting them again but it was no problem, they gave them to me straight away. No harm in asking!

I've been off and on them three times now with varied success/dedication

The first time, I did really well and lost about 5 stone on them
The second time I messed about for a couple of months and didn't bother going back for more
Then I was prescribed reductil for a couple of months (which has now been withdrawn, but didn't suit me anyway)
And now I'm back on the Xenical again :D

Luckily I've got a very supportive GP, who is happy to keep prescribing as long as I'm willing to make a genuine effort.
Good luck!

oh thanks guys, ive made an appiontment, wanted one with the gp that gave them to me before but hes of for two weeks so have one for next week with another, but reception did say it should be fine as they can see on the oc just what my own doc can

Back