washed mobile phone

IreneH

Gold Member
I have just managed to put my daughter's mobile phone through the washer.

Has anyone done this and how did you get the phone to recover?

Irene xx

Erm, I'm afraid I don't think it will!

My neighbour's mobile tipped out of his shirt pocket, straight down the loo. He's a retired church minister, and even divine intervention couldn't resurrect his!

Irene I did the same
I blow dried it for a while then put it in the airing cupboard - tried it every day
gave up all hope on day four bought a cheap one and now 9 months later DH is still using the nice clean one that started working on day five :):)

take it apart i.e battery sim card etc lay it in between a towel and leave for rest of day i have done this numerous times and always worked again .... unless its a touch screen then it prob wont

Try useing the hair dryer take the battery out and sim card out and dry. Hopefully will work again but doesnt always work

Ooops!

I think you'll have best chance with airing cupboard. A guy knocked a pint over mine in a pub once and it went off for ages. Put it in airing cupboard and after AGES it worked again...think it had a hangover ;) x

OH poured coffee over mine at the W/E. He took it to bits and put the pieces on the radiator to dry out. It's working fine now!

Back