Water and Meals

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Vesta, 27 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Vesta

Vesta Member

I've heard loads of different ideas as to why you should not drink water before or after a meal.
    One is that you shouldnt because apparently it dilutes the digestive enzymes and therefore takes longer to digest food?

Is it true? or just all nonsense?
    Can anybody shed some light on this matter?

:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    I've never heard that? I've always thought that drinking water speeds up the digestive process and flushes out your system? I could be wrong though? I feel a lot better since I upped my water intake anyway.

4. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I was always told not to drink with my meal (but that may have been when I was a child to make me clean my plate) but I usually have water with a meal and I'm still alive! I think it stops you absorbing the nutrients so well.

5. abz

abz Gold Member

i have heard the same things, that you shouldn't drink after eating especially. but i always do. means i eat less...

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.