Water drinking with Atkins - HELP

nessajill

Hi everyone

My partner is doing the atkins and has no problem drinking the water. I have been on the cambridge, and W8 and find the water drinking easy because of the water flavourings. I am struggling because its hard when one of you can eat so much food and the other cannot eat anything,
I am considering joining him on the atkins diet however I no I will stuggle with the water in take as I cannot drink plain water. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding any flavoured water that can be drunk, I have heard that MALIC acid rather than CITRIC acide does not affect ketosis - does anyone know if there is any truth in that or if it still has to be drunk in moderation and the majority of the water does have to be plain water. What is the water minimum limit on the atkins, any help would be gratefully received and I really feel I am in turnmoil at the moment.

Hi nessajill, I would have thought CD water flavourings are fine on Atkins, anything that keeps you in ketosis as both diets work on the same principle..

Hope that helps x

Hey Ness I wouldn't worry to much about it, there is way too much fuss made about it being plain water, in my opinion all liquids, i.e green tea, flavoured waters etc should be fine. There is a formula for how much you should be drinking, I can't remember it at the moment but I will go and find it for you love. The most important factor is that you feel good about the diet not stress over it.

Ah, I can't find it at the moment, anyway I am 6' 1" weight 13 1/2 stone and I drink 8 pints a day. I will find that link though.

OK I have remembered it

it's half your weight in pound in fluid ounces, so I weigh 185 lbs, that is 92lbs halved that = 92 fluid ounces I should drink using THIS converter that = 4.5 pints a day.

So at 8 pints a day I drink more than I need.

But I got used to drinking a lot when I was first on Atkins and had to drink enough for 25 stone. :D

Back