Water flavourings how much is too much?

Twinksy

I drink loads of water but hate the taste so have been using the flavourings. I checked with my CDC about quantity as the book says 1tsp in 1Ltr and I had been doing that but in approx 6ltrs a day. Had a 3lb loss on Saturday (second WI) but the scales haven't shifted since. My CDC doesn't have a problem with the quantity of water with flavouring I'm having as it hasn't taken me out of ketosis but my question is, will this quantity of flavourings slow my weight loss down in any way? I have about 3 stone to lose and would lie to get it shifted ASAP so will go back to mostly plain if it will slow it down but probably wouldn't be able to drink as much.

Hi Twinksy
Would be interested in this too... normally OK with water - but with the quantities involved it does make me gag at the thought of one more :tear_drop:

This is what I thought but my CDC said that so long as I was in ketosis it wouldn't matter. I have been having a small half teaspoon in 500mls of water at a time but I can drink up to six or seven litres a day which is quite a lot. I have been checking my ketone levels morning and night and am definately in ketosis.

ooops thats what I ment to write :( I really should not be giving advice late at night when half asleep!!

So sorry :(

:giggle: Have done it on occasion myself!
I have some stuff on ebay at the moment and a buyer messaged me to tell me that the postage in the description didn't match the top panel!! I was listing when tired!

I have just bought some water flavouring ( more to make jelly than anything!) and my cdc said, if it meant getting the water down, she would rather me have a little more flavouring rather than not drink enough water. I think I will stick to 1 t spoon a day though x

I think even though one t-sp is recommended it is done so to ensure it doesnt knock you out of ketosis, so if you are still in ketosis, then it shouldnt be affecting your weight loss.

3lbs as a week 2 loss doesnt look like things were effected for you :)

This is what I thought but my CDC said that so long as I was in ketosis it wouldn't matter. I have been having a small half teaspoon in 500mls of water at a time but I can drink up to six or seven litres a day which is quite a lot. I have been checking my ketone levels morning and night and am definately in ketosis.

That's exactly what I do! I manage 3 litres a day! X

Thanks for all the advice. I must have been tired too last night as I read it as 1 teaspoon! I will carry on and see what happens and keep checking the ketostixs. I will just put a quarter teaspoon in my 500ml bottles. I can't use the larger bottles as I get overfaced with the size and can't get the water down but in the small bottles it's OK.

I put just about 1/2 a teaspoon in 2 litres of water. I have 4 litres a day at the moment so I guess that's 1 teaspoon.

My cdc told me to put in less then the tub says, have to agree with her on that one as otherwise it's too strong for me - probably about the only useful bit of info she has given me:rolleyes:

Back