Water - how do you get it all in?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I REALLY struggle with drinking, always have. I can go all day and realise around 7 o'clock that I've not drunk anything. Usually I have about a litre a day unless I force myself to drink more. It's 5pm and at the moment I've had about 400ml! I'm just not thirsty, or I am and have just done it so long I don't realise anymore. Anyone else been like this and got some tips to get me drinking more?

I hated water when I started but have trained myself

Get yourself a litre sports bottle

I have 1 litre early morning

Sip another 500ml upto noon first pack or meal

In the afternoon fill a litre

Then at home I fill it again and have that plus tea. If I train I have an extra one

It's just getting in the habit, have flavouring if that helps

Also find peppermint tes and redbush tea help me keep fluids up also

Hope that helps Xx

I think something that makes me struggle is that I'm a teacher so I struggle to fit anything in during the day. I end up running around for most of my break and lunch time so I rarely end up getting much to drink at all. I've got an 800ml sports bottle, going to try to keep filling that up and try to have 3 a day, if not a bit more. Hopefully now that I'm qualified and have my own class I won't feel so bad about having a drink in the classroom, after all I let the kids get a drink if they need it!

caroline g said:
I think something that makes me struggle is that I'm a teacher so I struggle to fit anything in during the day. I end up running around for most of my break and lunch time so I rarely end up getting much to drink at all. I've got an 800ml sports bottle, going to try to keep filling that up and try to have 3 a day, if not a bit more. Hopefully now that I'm qualified and have my own class I won't feel so bad about having a drink in the classroom, after all I let the kids get a drink if they need it!

I keep my water bottle in my classroom and swig it throughout. Only time I don't is if Ofsted turn up!!! In fact, loads of teachers and TA's have water throughout the day. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had the same problem, I brought a brita water purifier, to help with the taste, there is also water flavouring you can buy from slim and save, I tend to down a couple of glasses at a time, and take a bottle of water with me when I'm out. I think you just get used to it I've got my mind set to the more water I drink the more fat I'm flushing out!

I dont have a problem with the water, its about all i drank before apart from the odd cup of coffee, my problem is fitting all the packs into one day now :sigh: lol

Its 7.55pm and I have just managed my 2nd pack & that was only because I looked at the time & thought "damn gotta fit 3 in before bed" is that a good sign?? this is only week 3 & there is no hunger at all!

I have 6 500ml bottles in the fridge and just drink/use during the day; I leave the empties on the worktop so I know how much I have consumed during the day I aim for 2 bottles in the morning, afternoon and evening, I can see at a glance how much I've had and whether I need to glug a bottle down to top me up. Then last thing i refill the bottles and put in fridge ready for next day.

I fill up an empty 2 litre pop bottle & keep it on the side all day (prefer room temp water) then I can see at a glance what I've drank x

Back