Water intake struggle!!

Hi, I don't know if anyone has this problem, I was losing weight steadily but not consuming enough water (I drink a lot of coffee) however I started drinking water (2 litres a day ) and my weight loss has virtually stopped !!
I am on sole source x

how long have you been drinking the extra water ?? if you hadnt been getting enough and suddenly you are drinking more then your body may be 'holding onto ' the extra water incase you stop drinking again , dive it a few days and I bet you see a big drop :)

determinator said:
how long have you been drinking the extra water ?? if you hadnt been getting enough and suddenly you are drinking more then your body may be 'holding onto ' the extra water incase you stop drinking again , dive it a few days and I bet you see a big drop :)

Hi I started Sunday and didn't lose any weight Monday or Tuesday, I stopped drinking the water yesterday and lost a 1 lb this morning x I lost 6 lb last week without drinking the water x x

you really do need to drink the water , it does take a few days but it does help weight loss and also if you dont drink enough you will make yourself ill . when you are eating normally about 50% of our fluid intake comes from food , as on SS you dont have any food you really need to replace this .

Hello. When I did cd two years ago, after the first few days I was only drinking about 1litre per day and eventually my weight started going up - although I stayed 100%.

My cdc explained to me last week that once you are in ketosis, the ketones your body produces that help you lose weight are perceives as toxic by your body. So unless you are drinking lots of water to flush them through, your body will go into defence mode - which includes holding on to your fat reserves in case you need it.

Back