Water Intake

Chloemn

Happy Friday Everyone! :talk017:

How much water do you drink a day? I've tried to up my water intake to 2l a day- didn't used to drink anything apart from coffee or tea.

Do you find it helps with weight loss?

Thanks
C x

I drink between 1.5 and 2 litres. I aim for 2 but as long as I've had 1.5 I consider that job done lol. I don't count tea and coffee as part of that. I definitely think it helps, firstly because it helps fill you up and secondly because if you don't drink water your body retains it because it thinks they're isn't a ready supply, which can cause weight gain.

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it and it just becomes part of your routine habit to drink more. If I don't drink it now I get really thirsty

Yep, drink plenty.

Im always getting reminded to drink more though :)

I was never a water drinker but the last 3 weeks I have and now I cant go anywhere without my juice and iv noticed i am thirsty more then hungry half the time

Thanks everyone for this thread. i never drink any water at all just tea.
I have just filled up a 750ml bottle with water. am aiming to drink 2 bottles of this today. Am just starting back on slimming world today too. Will post to let you know how i am getting on

I manage to drink plenty as long as I have a sports bottle top!

Also theres an app you can get for your phone called "waterlogged" where you input daily and when you've reached your target you get a "You're successful" message which feels just like getting on the scales and being told you've lost! Lol

I manage to drink plenty as long as I have a sports bottle top!

Also theres an app you can get for your phone called "waterlogged" where you input daily and when you've reached your target you get a "You're successful" message which feels just like getting on the scales and being told you've lost! Lol

thanks fot that.

I try and aim for at least the 6 cups of fluid a day suggested in the booklet. This isn't always straight water, though - I do love my herbal tea. It's hard during the colder months of the year - I sometimes have to force myself to drink as much, as I don't get thirsty very often (and, of course, when you are, you're already pretty dehydrated!). I have had some good losses on the weeks where I've been conscientious with my water intake, and I always make a note of drinks in my food diary so I can keep track.

That app sounds a brilliant idea, Ponytales!

I drink lots as its good for my skin, but i also drink a lot of herbal tea too (currently addicted to pukka detox tea)

Back